“Wonderful!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We got there at check out time at noon and our room was already ready! We stayed in the Cottage Suite. The view was amazing...everywhere. The room had literally everything. We loved having washer and dryer in our room. I can't say enough how beautiful the place was. Now I don't want to stay anywhere else and it will be hard not to compare this place to anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Guest:
Thank you for commenting on TripAdvisor. Early check-ins are not always available, but am glad that we could accommodate you. It is our hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,
VP & General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What an amazing property! I had the pleasure and luck of staying at the Hotel Park City for over 30 days consecutively while participating in the Inspire Fitness Resorts program run through the hotel and its spa. The people were amazing, the rooms spectacular, and everything that happened, every day, made me feel at home. You may be able to tell that I can't say enough about the property, because I cannot.

The Inspire Fitness Resorts program was wonderful, and I recommend anyone interested in a fitness-oriented vacation look into it. While the program was wonderful, it was in large part the property that sold it for me. Nestled right along the base of several ski mountains, the hotel is within a few minutes' walk of beautiful hiking trails, mountain bike trails, and most everything you could want. It's maybe 1.5 miles from historic Main Street, and in a very open and beautiful environment. Many of the other Park City hotels and resorts in, say, The Canyons, are right on top of each other. The view from your room at the Hotel Park City will be of beautiful nature, not of another hotel, not of a parking lot, and not of a bus stop.

The spa is beautiful. It is not an incredibly large spa that you might find at the Four Seasons or other large hotel. But it is wonderfully outfitted, was not crowded, and had everything I wanted and more. Do not let the reviews of the "walk through the parking lot" scare you. There is an elevator with direct access from the main floor by the golf pro-shop, and it also accesses the 2nd and 3rd floor guest rooms. There is no need to walk through the parking lot if you don't want. Though, because it is a "membership-based" spa open to non-guests of the hotel, it makes sense to have access from the parking lot for those guests. You'll love it!

I stayed in one of the cottages, which are removed from the main hotel, but less than 1 minutes' walk away (so don't think they're out in the boonies). My room looked right over the 9th hole of the golf course and the babbling stream and lake. Nothing could beat an evening relaxing in the outdoor large hot-tub enjoying the starry night, listening to the stream. It offers more space and more privacy than a regular hotel, though the 'separator door' between the adjoining cottage room will allow some noise to creep between rooms; though I would not let this deter me from the luxury that the cottage affords. All rooms have a ktichenette or full kitchen, which is a nice change from a 'normal' hotel room. The bathrooms are luxurious, and the furniture incredibly oversized and comfortable. The beds are KUH-RAZY comfortable!!

The hotel staff were incredibly accommodating, friendly, and made me feel welcome every chance they had. The food (in the hotel and through the Inspire program) was delicious. The grounds are as well maintained as the beautiful public golf course that neighbors the hotel property.

You can probably guess from my review that I highly recommend the Hotel Park City for one night, but it's so nice, just stay longer!!

Room Tip: The extra space of a cottage is worth the 'upgrade,' especially if you are staying for a lon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff of Hotel Park City provide exceptional customer service. Von, Brandy, Joselle, Juan and Jay have gone above and beyond in making our stay incredibly enjoyable. They have been extremely accommodating and friendly!

We have stayed at this property multiple times (summer and winter) in both the hotel and the cottages. The rooms are warm and inviting.

Great amenities, views and location for skiing.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Rick E & Family:
Thank you for vacationing here and for complimenting our team members.

Kind regards,
Guy T. Morris
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent 2 days 1 night at Hotel Park City. Location was the best, on a beautiful golf course with wonderful mountain views. Not only was the condo top-notch, but the hotel, pool, spa, restaurant and golf was the best. From Danielle at reservations that jumped through hoops to get my group the perfect location and room for our birthday bash, to easy check-in with friendly, helpful front desk people, to Ruth Chris Steak House special delivery service for out birthday dinner. I have stayed at many of the top end Park City and Deer Valley properties, Hotel Park City is the Best!!!!
Kevin Cole

Room Tip: Condos on the 12th Fairway of Park City Golf Course/ Mountain Views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Cole - thank you for selecting HPC for your birthday retreat and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. Happy Birthday!

Warm regards,
DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was attending a convention in SLC and the town was booked up, so decided to stay at this hotel. They didn't tell me up front that they have a "resort fee" of $17 per night. I found out when I checked in and then the guy couldn't quite explain the benefits. I didn't even know there was a spa for instance, which I would have taken advantage of had I known. I found it about an hour before I left. ;-(

The 'Executive' room was gorgeous and still kept a mountain appeal, a mini-suite with King bed,leather sofa bed and loveseat, kitchenette (with Coffee/maker), 2 flat screen TV's and huge bath with spa tub. The room temp was quite warm and you cant adjust it. the a/c system also kind of sounds like someone is taking a shower all the time. it does become white noise, so I got used to it at night.

looks like they have a nice pool and outdoor spa, but I didn't have time to take advantage of them.
I had some views of the golf course. Parking was easy right out front. In winter I am sure its not that easy. I really didn't have much encounter with staff except for the clueless guy at check-in.
overall very nice stay, but fairly pricey for the summer season.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Highland, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I took my wife to Hotel Park City for her 30th birthday. We had a great time. The cottages are stellar with a hot tub on the deck and two fireplaces (inside and out). Ruth's Chris and Bandannas are both great places to eat!

If I had to find things to suggest, I'd say the parking and gym could be improved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Highland Guests:
Thank you for selecting HPC for your recent stay and for sharing your sincere comments on TripAdvisor. Happy 30th to your wife. . .. and we hope you will consider celebrating her 31st here too!

Warm regards,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Park City for an anniversary getaway. I emailed the general manager before and he was kind enough to put us in a cottage room. Check-in was easy and we went to our room. At first glance, our room was great. Big, open living room, kitchenette, nice bathroom, and multiple fireplaces. There was a hot tub on the balcony and we were overlooking the golf course.

We went into Park City and came back to our room. When we got back, we realized someone had checked into the room next to us. We could hear every word they were saying as they were rapping along to Dr. Dre and others at a very high volume. This was definitely pretty frustrating. We called the front desk and they were nice enough to change our room. After about 30 minutes, I went and swapped out the keys for our new room. The new room we were given was actually bigger than our original. It had a full kitchen, a dining area and and extra bathroom. This was great. The downside was that it smelled like someone had cooked ten pounds of sausage in the kitchen that morning. And it was also on the first floor overlooking the road.

It's tough because based on our initial room and experience, the hotel was great. Annoying, loud neighbors (not the hotel's fault) and the smell of the second cottage left some to be desired. The other downside with the cottages is the parking situation. If you can find a close parking spot, it's fine. If not, you have to park in the garage which is a hike.

The pool area looked great although we didn't go swimming and the hotel is located close to everything. So would I recommend this hotel? I think so. I think we just had some bad luck with everything. It's pretty frustrating when other guests can ruin a good experience, but that's kind of what happened here. Although the overwhelming smell of the second room could have probably of been fixed by the hotel.

There is an $18 resort fee per night, so just be aware of that. I think that may be for internet, etc. which is kind of disappointing because our internet connection was painfully slow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Park City? Share your experiences!