“Awesome Mountain Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 59 hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Awesome Mountain Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent 2 days 1 night at Hotel Park City. Location was the best, on a beautiful golf course with wonderful mountain views. Not only was the condo top-notch, but the hotel, pool, spa, restaurant and golf was the best. From Danielle at reservations that jumped through hoops to get my group the perfect location and room for our birthday bash, to easy check-in with friendly, helpful front desk people, to Ruth Chris Steak House special delivery service for out birthday dinner. I have stayed at many of the top end Park City and Deer Valley properties, Hotel Park City is the Best!!!!
Kevin Cole

Room Tip: Condos on the 12th Fairway of Park City Golf Course/ Mountain Views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Cole - thank you for selecting HPC for your birthday retreat and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. Happy Birthday!

Warm regards,
Guy Morris

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was attending a convention in SLC and the town was booked up, so decided to stay at this hotel. They didn't tell me up front that they have a "resort fee" of $17 per night. I found out when I checked in and then the guy couldn't quite explain the benefits. I didn't even know there was a spa for instance, which I would have taken advantage of had I known. I found it about an hour before I left. ;-(

The 'Executive' room was gorgeous and still kept a mountain appeal, a mini-suite with King bed,leather sofa bed and loveseat, kitchenette (with Coffee/maker), 2 flat screen TV's and huge bath with spa tub. The room temp was quite warm and you cant adjust it. the a/c system also kind of sounds like someone is taking a shower all the time. it does become white noise, so I got used to it at night.

looks like they have a nice pool and outdoor spa, but I didn't have time to take advantage of them.
I had some views of the golf course. Parking was easy right out front. In winter I am sure its not that easy. I really didn't have much encounter with staff except for the clueless guy at check-in.
overall very nice stay, but fairly pricey for the summer season.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Highland, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I took my wife to Hotel Park City for her 30th birthday. We had a great time. The cottages are stellar with a hot tub on the deck and two fireplaces (inside and out). Ruth's Chris and Bandannas are both great places to eat!

If I had to find things to suggest, I'd say the parking and gym could be improved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Highland Guests:
Thank you for selecting HPC for your recent stay and for sharing your sincere comments on TripAdvisor. Happy 30th to your wife. . .. and we hope you will consider celebrating her 31st here too!

Warm regards,
Guy Morris
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Park City for an anniversary getaway. I emailed the general manager before and he was kind enough to put us in a cottage room. Check-in was easy and we went to our room. At first glance, our room was great. Big, open living room, kitchenette, nice bathroom, and multiple fireplaces. There was a hot tub on the balcony and we were overlooking the golf course.

We went into Park City and came back to our room. When we got back, we realized someone had checked into the room next to us. We could hear every word they were saying as they were rapping along to Dr. Dre and others at a very high volume. This was definitely pretty frustrating. We called the front desk and they were nice enough to change our room. After about 30 minutes, I went and swapped out the keys for our new room. The new room we were given was actually bigger than our original. It had a full kitchen, a dining area and and extra bathroom. This was great. The downside was that it smelled like someone had cooked ten pounds of sausage in the kitchen that morning. And it was also on the first floor overlooking the road.

It's tough because based on our initial room and experience, the hotel was great. Annoying, loud neighbors (not the hotel's fault) and the smell of the second cottage left some to be desired. The other downside with the cottages is the parking situation. If you can find a close parking spot, it's fine. If not, you have to park in the garage which is a hike.

The pool area looked great although we didn't go swimming and the hotel is located close to everything. So would I recommend this hotel? I think so. I think we just had some bad luck with everything. It's pretty frustrating when other guests can ruin a good experience, but that's kind of what happened here. Although the overwhelming smell of the second room could have probably of been fixed by the hotel.

There is an $18 resort fee per night, so just be aware of that. I think that may be for internet, etc. which is kind of disappointing because our internet connection was painfully slow.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rooms were beautifully appointed with a well stocked kitchen. We traveled with our kids, ages 8 and 11. Hot tub overlooking the golf course and stream, which was beautiful. Parking was crowded but we did find space in the garage under the hotel. The pool area was fantastic and not very crowded. Central location to everything Park City has to offer. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe cottage room which was very quiet. Would recommend over staying in the main hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Loved our room which overlooked the beautiful pool area. The bed was extremely comfortable, living area and bath had all the amenities and comforts. We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back! The spa staff and hotel staff were amazing. Definitely recommend the couples massage. The massage therapists were incredible. Overall, a great experience!

Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Park City in August 2012 for one week and had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. We had deluxe suite with everything you would need and a great kitchen area. The shower was very large and bathroom well appointed. The hotel was quiet and charming. Only down side - the pool can be noisy at times but does close at night. There are several hiking trails that are walking distance from the property that we used almost everyday. We don't golf, but it appears the course was also very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Park City? Share your experiences!