“Cleanliness left something to be desired” 3 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Park City to your Saves list
Hotel Park City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84068   |
Ranked #4 of 59 hotels in Park City
“Cleanliness left something to be desired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

It is a beautifully designed hotel. However, I question how well they clean the rooms. When we got to our room, there was a pile of dishes still sitting right outside of our room. Seemed a little odd but not a big deal. After our first night in the room, though, I opened the microwave to heat some water and found a plate of french fries sitting in the microwave! The french fries had been sitting there long enough (they certainly weren't ours) that they were stuck to the plate. Yuck! Upon closer inspection, the rest of the kitchen area was at best quickly wiped down and the bathroom was not completely clean either. When I brought it to their attention, they did offer a deep cleaning of the room, which was nice, but I wish they had done that in the first place.

Also, the kids slept on the pull-out couch and said it was very uncomfortable. They have never complained about a pull-out couch before. The bed was extremely comfortable though. (We stayed in an Executive Suite.)

All in all, it was a nice place but I would expect more from a hotel such as this.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The service was beyond my expectations. We had a great birthday dinner at Ruth Chris Steak house.
I would very much recommend Hotel Park City to anyone looking for a relaxing get away.
We would definitely go back.
We loved the location.
I can't wait to go back for some skiing.

Room Tip: The Cottages are wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Momvonteese:
Happy birthday! Thank you for spending your special occasion with us. It is our hope to see you here again.

Kind regards,
Guy Morris
EVP & General Manager
Hotel Park City
Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is wonderful for a get-a-way with friends or a loved one. As soon as you enter this beautiful hotel you immediately feel like all your worries have gone away. Breath taking views can be seen out of every window. The hotel itself is very tastefully decorated to match the decore of Upscale Park City. The pool area is well layed out with gorgeous views as well. The staff doesn't get in your way but are there immediately if you have any questions and I'm sure if you had any concerns though everything was so perfect I never had any concerns while I was there. The hotel rooms themselves were perfect! The Mattress and linens were awesome. We stayed in the Governors Suite that included a family room, deck, dining room, and kitchen. Lots of room and we were able to relax and get rejuvenated for the next week ahead of us.

Room Tip: The Governors Suite is perfect for a few guests to stop by, though I recommend the Presidential suit...
Provo, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Recently, my girlfriends and I spent a relaxing weekend at the Hotel Park City. Our stay was incredible. The rooms were far beyond our expectations. The decor was lovely and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. We had planned on doing a lot of activities in Park City that the weather prevented so we ended up spending most of it in the hotel. No one was disappointed by our change of plans because the Hotel was so comfortable and relaxing! The service was absolutely impeccable. I can't say enough about that. All of our needs and requests were met professionally, timely and pleasantly. I felt the hotel was situated perfectly in Park City -- not right in the middle of downtown but close enough to everything if needs be and far enough away that the views were amazing. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here two weeks ago with a small group of friends for a weekend getaway. Walking into the room, I was very impressed by the decor and amenities but even more spectacular was the view out the huge wall of windows. I felt that I was the only person in Park City standing on my balcony and looking out at the pristine mountain beyond. It was such a peaceful place! I know the hotel was quite full, but it was so quiet and I rarely saw other guests. The pool and hot tub were beautiful and never crowded.
The hotel staff were very helpful when I needed them and faded into the background when I didn't. The rooms were so beautiful and luxurious. The bathrooms were quite huge and furnished with every luxury. I felt very pampered and taken care of. I'm planning to go back with my husband as soon as possible.
I went in the summer and loved the green mountains and billionaire cabin feel. I'm sure it is equally as spectacular in the winter, although if you come to ski, it is not as close to the resorts as some.

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice and each time it gets better. The first time we stayed here we it was in February and we ended up in the main lodge which I thought the rooms were not going to be as nice as the cottages but there are very spacious and feel like you have just arrived home. We had a small kitchenette which was nice and I like that the upper portion of the room had a large flat panel tv while you are laying in bed. While we were relaxing we noticed out of our window a large pine tree light up with red lights for Valentine's day! That was really fun to see. Also we took up our snowshoes thinking we would need to go up the mountain a bit to find a place to hike around but we just walked out the back door and went along the trails behind the hotel, which I believe doubles as a cross country ski track. The second time we visited they had availability in the cottages and we were there for our anniversary and I highly recommend upgrading to one of the cottages that have a private hot tub on the balcony. The next time we go I think we need to eat at the steak house as I hear it is very good. All in all I have very little to say negatively about this hotel, although I do recall the sheets had a lot of starch or something in it so when you moved about it was noisy? I know that sounds silly but every time you move you would make a lot of noise. No matter. Stay here you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Cottages are the best.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We held a five-day, 30-person conference at the Hotel Park City and were very pleased with our experience. As noted in other reviews, the guest rooms are impeccable, spacious, and tastefully decorated. Our clients raved about the surroundings and the quality of the accommodations, which, of course, reflects nicely on my business as well. While none of the attendees golfed, it certainly doesn't hurt being so close to the golf course and other activities at the hotel.

My primary purpose in reviewing the hotel, though, is to praise the event staff. These hard working people went above and beyond expectations to ensure that my event went off without a hitch. They knew my attendees by name, worked with us to provide custom menus for people with special dietary needs, and generally made sure that I could focus on the content of the meeting rather than the mechanics. I highly recommend the Hotel Park City as a first class venue for small corporate gatherings, training events, and other small business gatherings.

Room Tip: The cottages are fabulous, but a bit of a walk from the main area of the hotel. All rooms have balc...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Park City? Share your experiences!