“What more can be said? It's perfect.” 5 of 5 stars

Trail's End Lodge
2100 Deer Valley Drive South, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Chicago, Illinois
“What more can be said? It's perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Previous reviewers have already mentioned so many great things about this place but I feel compelled to give our praises as well. We were specifically looking for ski-in/ski out and Trail's End truly is. Yes, you have to take a short path to the Success run (a green) but my 9 year olds had no problem skiing the path. And if you have young kids you couldn't be better situated because you are right next to Snow Park lodge with the ski school and beginners area. Service at Trail's End is really as good as everyone says - I felt pampered and spoiled the entire time. My kids loved the pool and our private hot tub. After briefly considering some of the newer high-end hotels at Deer Valley (Montage, St. Regis) I am so glad we found Trail's End - condo experience with luxury hotel service at a fraction of the price - perfect.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pittstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just returned from our 11th visit to Trail's End Lodge. We have never been disappointed when we visit Trail's End Lodge. From the moment you arrive, the entire staff treats you like family. They are always more than happy to help with anything that you may need. They are there to greet you with a smile every time you enter the lobby and ask how your day of skiing was or if you enjoyed your dinner. They are genuine and truly want you to have a wonderful ski vacation. If something isn't right, they will take care of it, with a smile!
Trail's End is a great ski in/ ski out property. Pepito will have your skis out on the ski rack in time for first tracks and he will put them away at the end of the day. We have never made first tracks because we are too busy enjoying the complimentary buffet breakfast that they put out every morning. It is quite a spread of hot and cold items. If there is something that you want and it is not there, they will be happy to accomodate your requests. The complimentary apres ski at the end of the day is also very enjoyable. The menu varies each day, but there is always something for everyone along with beer, wine and soda. It's a great way to relax after a wonderful day on the slopes. It is quite enjoyable to sit by the roaring fireplace and talk with friends, family members and other guests about the day's events.
If you have a need for ski school Trail's End Lodge is a great location for that. It is just steps away from the base lodge where ski school meets. Its location makes it very easy for you to get your child/ren to ski school with minimal hassle. If you have children, you know what a workout it can be just trying to get them dressed and have all of their equipment in hand! So if you stay at Trail's End Lodge, ski school is just steps away!
As far as accomodations, we have stayed in many different units and each one is beautiful! They are spacious, comfortable and most important...clean! The units all have a washer and dryer and they provide you with Tide and Bounce dryer sheets! If you have children, having a washer and dryer while on vacation is priceless!
We realize that there are numerous beautiful properties to stay at in Deer Valley. However, when you meet the staff, see the accomodations and are treated like family, you too will be coming back year after year!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if you can.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our family traveled to Deer Valley at the request of our daughter to celebrate her Sweet 16 and the gift was truly for all 4 of us. When we booked the trip, we heard so many wonderful accolades about Trail's End Lodge and it lived up to our expectations and then some. We worried when we learned after booking the trip that not only were we traveling over the Martin Luther King Holiday weekend but also the opening weekend of Sundance. We expected all kinds of issues to arise. To our delight, Jeremy Renner and his staff provided impeccable, professional, friendly service. Not an issue to be had!! From the moment we booked and filled out the pre-travel plans to the moment we left every detail was attended to. Our three bedroom condo was beautifully and comfortably decorated. Upon arrival we found our grocery order neatly displayed in the kitchen ready to enjoy. The large entrance with the "mudroom" cubbies helped to keep us both organized and neat. In fact we enjoyed the condo so much that we cancelled dinner out our last night to enjoy the fireplace, the hot tub and a last moment to relish life in the beauty of Deer Valley. I must add that the location is absolutely perfect for skiing and for accessing all of Deer Valley and Park City. Our daughter and my sister enjoyed the very short work to meet their instructors each morning to tackle and enjoy the mountains. My husband and I enjoyed every moment of exploring the area by foot. To add to our delight, Jeremy, John and Jessica were always ready with a smile to help us with anything from dinner reservations, transport to Park City, early morning to Church in Park City and arranging for a super yummy birthday cake. We also suspect the Trail's End team arranged the perfect weather. We found ourselves outside every moment we could manage. If you are planning a ski trip with family, friends or even a group of adult singles, this is the place for you! Thank you all for making this a trip we will all remember and the ideal way to celebrate a milestone birthday. We hope to return again to Deer Valley, simply to stay at Trail's End again!

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our family stayed at the Trail's End Lodge January 17-21, 2013 and had a fantastic experience. Our two bedroom condo offered plenty of room with a large kitchen and 3 full bathrooms. Our kids loved the hot tub on the deck and the fireplace in the family room.

We stayed in the main building and it was ski in & ski out. Staff had ski's and poles outside on rack ready for us in the morning and at the end of the day we left them there and they brought them inside to store overnight. Jeremy Renner (Guest Services Manager) and his team are courteous, responsive and just incredibly friendly.

Main building has large room where a hot breakfast is served each morning and at the end of the day they host a great apres-ski (lot's of food, drinks, cookies for kids, etc.) You may not even need to go to dinner!

You can arrange for the staff to give you a ride in to Park City to shop or go to dinner. No need for a rental car here. You can also arrange for the staff to grocery shop for you, pick up some wine, whatever you need. Also check out "Skis On The Run" in Park City. They will bring ski's, poles and boots right to your room for fitting & use and then come and pick them up after your done with your trip and take them away. We had great equipment.

Weather was perfect, snow was great, accommodations / service were ideal. We will go back again.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I unfortunately gave this stellar review to a hotel in a Spanish-speaking country that was meant for Trail's End Lodge in Deer Valley---Park City, Utah. So, I hope to correct my technical inabilities here. We return here again and again, due to the quality of service and all of the wonderful staff that makes staying at Trail's End such a joy on all counts. Well-managed by Mark Murphy, Jeremy tenner and a staff that really cares, Trails' End has been our home away from home every year for approx. 10 years when we visit Park City. The breakfasts star one's day with a feast with many choices. The Apres Ski 4 PM offering in the beautiful Aspen Room is enough to call dinner and this year, the Mexican food was especially outstanding. The staff is warm and helpful and friendly. I shall return as often as possible and truly appreciate this fine, well-managed property. The amenities are many, and their drop-off service is very helpful and convenient. The rooms are spacious and feature fireplaces and western art. I LOVE the balconies that have hot tubs and get bright sun. Sitting outside in winter in a t-shirt and shorts is a true pleasure! I LOVE Trail's End Lodge and thank them for their continued warm care for their guests and their generosity. What a wonderful group of people that comprise this great staff. I will return as soon as possible! --Dr. Jan Broberg Carter, Portland, Maine

Room Tip: Unit 201 is in the main part of the Lodge and is convenient. The view is excellent and one can watch...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We loved our stay at Trail's End. The staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. The room was very spacious, clean and had all the storage we needed. (I especially liked the ski gear nook, with cubbies for boots and helmets, etc., and hooks for the jackets.) The kitchen was well stocked and convenient. We loved the amenities: the food basket to start with, the ice cream and cookies at the end, the humidifiers, the ski drop-off and pick-up, the private hot tub, the breakfast, and most of all - the après ski food and drink. I've never known a ski lodge that provided free wine and beer, and great food at the end of the day. We could come in and put our feet near the fireplace, have a glass of wine and a snack before going up to the room. The staff went out of their way a number of times for us. They let us check in early and check out late. (Without our even asking, they told us the room was not booked the next day, so we could stay as long as we wanted.) I lost an earring on the way back from dinner and they found it in the parking lot and kept it at the desk for me! My brother got to après ski one afternoon just after it closed, and the staff went into the kitchen to get him some food. We stayed at the Stein Erikson the last time we were in Deer Valley, (which is twice the price) and I like the ski pick-up and drop-off better at Trails End. At the Stein, you have to go down to a locker room, knocking into everyone, to get all your gear. At Trails End, they put your skis out for you in the morning, and pick them up off the rack at night. Much nicer! And we felt comfortable going to breakfast or the après ski in our slippers, which we wouldn't at the Stein. We definitely will be coming back.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 with my sister, two nieces and two of their friends. We all loved the place. Here's why.

The two bedroom suite with kitchen was large enough for the five of us and in great shape. The girls loved the outdoor hot tub. My sister and I loved the heated bathroom floor. It IS ski-in and ski-out, unless you are a total wimp and can't stand to use your ski poles a few times. The hotel takes your skis in when you finished for the day and all you have to do is go back to your room in your boots.

The best thing about this place is the attitude of the people who work there. They are always trying to find things to do for you. Here's one example. The hotel offers a marvelous apres-ski with free wine, beer and delicious food. Many nights this was my dinner. One night I got there after it had closed and hadn't planned on joining the women in my party for dinner. So when Ivan told me it was closed and saw my face fall, he heated up some delicious meatballs and tomato sauce for me: problem solved!

That's just one example. Melissa at the front desk was always knocking herself out for me, helping me to find things I needed. People were always ready to drive us wherever we needed to go. You really do feel like you are staying in someone's home here. You don't have the feeling, which you get at the larger fancier hotels, that they are trying to get money out of you all the time.
Not only the free apres ski, but free breakfast, a nice discount on the room, and so on.

The one drawback to this place for me is the pool is too small. Only two people can swim at the same time and it is so short that after 4 or 5 breast strokes you reach the end of the pool. (My sister, however, said it was plenty big for her.) The steam bath is OK, but I would have liked a sauna as well. Fortunately, no one used these things but us, but if others did the pool and steamer could get crowded in a hurry. This is the trade-off: smaller hotel, warmer atmosphere but spa facilities that aren't quite as good as, say, the Stein Erikson.

Still, we actually liked this place better than the fancier and pricier Stein Erikson, where we stayed last time. We don't need the molly-coddling help getting out boots on and off. This place was far easier and quicker to ski in and out of. We loved the free breakfast and apres ski. The people who work here are all wonderful. And it is cheaper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Trail's End Lodge? Share your experiences!