“Our New Favorite Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Concord, Massachusetts
“Our New Favorite Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We loved our stay at Trail's End. The staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. The room was very spacious, clean and had all the storage we needed. (I especially liked the ski gear nook, with cubbies for boots and helmets, etc., and hooks for the jackets.) The kitchen was well stocked and convenient. We loved the amenities: the food basket to start with, the ice cream and cookies at the end, the humidifiers, the ski drop-off and pick-up, the private hot tub, the breakfast, and most of all - the après ski food and drink. I've never known a ski lodge that provided free wine and beer, and great food at the end of the day. We could come in and put our feet near the fireplace, have a glass of wine and a snack before going up to the room. The staff went out of their way a number of times for us. They let us check in early and check out late. (Without our even asking, they told us the room was not booked the next day, so we could stay as long as we wanted.) I lost an earring on the way back from dinner and they found it in the parking lot and kept it at the desk for me! My brother got to après ski one afternoon just after it closed, and the staff went into the kitchen to get him some food. We stayed at the Stein Erikson the last time we were in Deer Valley, (which is twice the price) and I like the ski pick-up and drop-off better at Trails End. At the Stein, you have to go down to a locker room, knocking into everyone, to get all your gear. At Trails End, they put your skis out for you in the morning, and pick them up off the rack at night. Much nicer! And we felt comfortable going to breakfast or the après ski in our slippers, which we wouldn't at the Stein. We definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 with my sister, two nieces and two of their friends. We all loved the place. Here's why.

The two bedroom suite with kitchen was large enough for the five of us and in great shape. The girls loved the outdoor hot tub. My sister and I loved the heated bathroom floor. It IS ski-in and ski-out, unless you are a total wimp and can't stand to use your ski poles a few times. The hotel takes your skis in when you finished for the day and all you have to do is go back to your room in your boots.

The best thing about this place is the attitude of the people who work there. They are always trying to find things to do for you. Here's one example. The hotel offers a marvelous apres-ski with free wine, beer and delicious food. Many nights this was my dinner. One night I got there after it had closed and hadn't planned on joining the women in my party for dinner. So when Ivan told me it was closed and saw my face fall, he heated up some delicious meatballs and tomato sauce for me: problem solved!

That's just one example. Melissa at the front desk was always knocking herself out for me, helping me to find things I needed. People were always ready to drive us wherever we needed to go. You really do feel like you are staying in someone's home here. You don't have the feeling, which you get at the larger fancier hotels, that they are trying to get money out of you all the time.
Not only the free apres ski, but free breakfast, a nice discount on the room, and so on.

The one drawback to this place for me is the pool is too small. Only two people can swim at the same time and it is so short that after 4 or 5 breast strokes you reach the end of the pool. (My sister, however, said it was plenty big for her.) The steam bath is OK, but I would have liked a sauna as well. Fortunately, no one used these things but us, but if others did the pool and steamer could get crowded in a hurry. This is the trade-off: smaller hotel, warmer atmosphere but spa facilities that aren't quite as good as, say, the Stein Erikson.

Still, we actually liked this place better than the fancier and pricier Stein Erikson, where we stayed last time. We don't need the molly-coddling help getting out boots on and off. This place was far easier and quicker to ski in and out of. We loved the free breakfast and apres ski. The people who work here are all wonderful. And it is cheaper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The service at Trails End was very, very good, but the place is a bit depressing. It was also advertised as ski in/ski out. It was ski in, but we had to carry our skis about 100 yards and up a steep hill to get to the slope. This was NOT a good way to start every day with an eight and eleven year old. It also overlooks a road and a parking lot. The pool was pretty grim also and my youngest daughter got a bacterial skin infection from the hot tub on our deck.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We spent 5 days at Deer Valley this March. The staff is amazing! They will go to great lengths to make your stay a relaxing, wonderful experience. Our unit was clean, large and convenient. Our teens enjoyed the private hot tub. The daily breakfast was wonderful. The staff is incredibly efficient, polite and friendly. We appreciated the shuttle service to Park City and the airport. Mark and Drew were two drivers we especially enjoyed getting to know. I cannot say enough about how efficient and kind the entire staff is at Deer Valley! The front desk, the drivers, the breakfast staff, the cleaning people, the ski rental staff, etc are all friendly and incredibly helpful. We will definitely return!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just back from an eight day stay at Trail's End with two adults and three young children. The location is very convenient (very short walk to the Success trail, where you can ski down to two lifts, or short walk over to the snow park lodge for ski school drop off). Our unit was large and comfortable, the second bedroom had a queen and a twin and there was still plenty of room for an air mattress for our youngest. Breakfast and après ski offerings were very good and convenient. But most notable is the fantastic staff. They made everything incredibly easy before our arrival, helping with grocery shopping, dinner and activity reservations and ski rentals, and were super friendly and responsive throughout our entire stay. And we really appreciated the shuttle in and out of Park City. Many thanks to everyone there for helping make our trip a success.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just returned from spring break there and wanted to give a shout out to the staff!! This is the 4th or 5th time to stay there and this time they totally out did themselves! We had to switch units (2 family group upstairs from us...lots of little feet clumping around) BUT were lucky to have been able to get another unit due to high volume. Couldn't have been more helpful in getting everything moved out!! Much appreciated!! Great location..great massages...just great service!!! We didn't want for anything!! It's a "lodgey" feel which we like and each unit is individually owned and decorated..might be a good idea to book through central res, THEN call office directly to see what units are available. Jeremy was MORE then gracious when helping us move. The front desk staff (Maura..Kristy) was so helpful with all other requests. They make it very easy to relax and just enjoy!!! If you give it a try, you won't be disappointed!!! Cheers!

Room Tip: Call office directly to discuss options
Natchez, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff at Trails End were exceptionally friendly and accomodating. Loved the fact that I could ski right up to my front door too! Huge complimentary breakfast every morning and drinks every afternoon. I would definitely consider myself a tough critic when it comes to hotels (a hotel-snob if you will) and I was very impressed with the cleanliness, the location, and the overall experience I had there. Needless to say, I will definitely be returning back to Trails End in the future. :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Trail's End Lodge? Share your experiences!