“Superb Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Washington, DC
“Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 with my sister, two nieces and two of their friends. We all loved the place. Here's why.

The two bedroom suite with kitchen was large enough for the five of us and in great shape. The girls loved the outdoor hot tub. My sister and I loved the heated bathroom floor. It IS ski-in and ski-out, unless you are a total wimp and can't stand to use your ski poles a few times. The hotel takes your skis in when you finished for the day and all you have to do is go back to your room in your boots.

The best thing about this place is the attitude of the people who work there. They are always trying to find things to do for you. Here's one example. The hotel offers a marvelous apres-ski with free wine, beer and delicious food. Many nights this was my dinner. One night I got there after it had closed and hadn't planned on joining the women in my party for dinner. So when Ivan told me it was closed and saw my face fall, he heated up some delicious meatballs and tomato sauce for me: problem solved!

That's just one example. Melissa at the front desk was always knocking herself out for me, helping me to find things I needed. People were always ready to drive us wherever we needed to go. You really do feel like you are staying in someone's home here. You don't have the feeling, which you get at the larger fancier hotels, that they are trying to get money out of you all the time.
Not only the free apres ski, but free breakfast, a nice discount on the room, and so on.

The one drawback to this place for me is the pool is too small. Only two people can swim at the same time and it is so short that after 4 or 5 breast strokes you reach the end of the pool. (My sister, however, said it was plenty big for her.) The steam bath is OK, but I would have liked a sauna as well. Fortunately, no one used these things but us, but if others did the pool and steamer could get crowded in a hurry. This is the trade-off: smaller hotel, warmer atmosphere but spa facilities that aren't quite as good as, say, the Stein Erikson.

Still, we actually liked this place better than the fancier and pricier Stein Erikson, where we stayed last time. We don't need the molly-coddling help getting out boots on and off. This place was far easier and quicker to ski in and out of. We loved the free breakfast and apres ski. The people who work here are all wonderful. And it is cheaper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The service at Trails End was very, very good, but the place is a bit depressing. It was also advertised as ski in/ski out. It was ski in, but we had to carry our skis about 100 yards and up a steep hill to get to the slope. This was NOT a good way to start every day with an eight and eleven year old. It also overlooks a road and a parking lot. The pool was pretty grim also and my youngest daughter got a bacterial skin infection from the hot tub on our deck.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We spent 5 days at Deer Valley this March. The staff is amazing! They will go to great lengths to make your stay a relaxing, wonderful experience. Our unit was clean, large and convenient. Our teens enjoyed the private hot tub. The daily breakfast was wonderful. The staff is incredibly efficient, polite and friendly. We appreciated the shuttle service to Park City and the airport. Mark and Drew were two drivers we especially enjoyed getting to know. I cannot say enough about how efficient and kind the entire staff is at Deer Valley! The front desk, the drivers, the breakfast staff, the cleaning people, the ski rental staff, etc are all friendly and incredibly helpful. We will definitely return!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just back from an eight day stay at Trail's End with two adults and three young children. The location is very convenient (very short walk to the Success trail, where you can ski down to two lifts, or short walk over to the snow park lodge for ski school drop off). Our unit was large and comfortable, the second bedroom had a queen and a twin and there was still plenty of room for an air mattress for our youngest. Breakfast and après ski offerings were very good and convenient. But most notable is the fantastic staff. They made everything incredibly easy before our arrival, helping with grocery shopping, dinner and activity reservations and ski rentals, and were super friendly and responsive throughout our entire stay. And we really appreciated the shuttle in and out of Park City. Many thanks to everyone there for helping make our trip a success.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just returned from spring break there and wanted to give a shout out to the staff!! This is the 4th or 5th time to stay there and this time they totally out did themselves! We had to switch units (2 family group upstairs from us...lots of little feet clumping around) BUT were lucky to have been able to get another unit due to high volume. Couldn't have been more helpful in getting everything moved out!! Much appreciated!! Great location..great massages...just great service!!! We didn't want for anything!! It's a "lodgey" feel which we like and each unit is individually owned and decorated..might be a good idea to book through central res, THEN call office directly to see what units are available. Jeremy was MORE then gracious when helping us move. The front desk staff (Maura..Kristy) was so helpful with all other requests. They make it very easy to relax and just enjoy!!! If you give it a try, you won't be disappointed!!! Cheers!

Room Tip: Call office directly to discuss options
Natchez, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff at Trails End were exceptionally friendly and accomodating. Loved the fact that I could ski right up to my front door too! Huge complimentary breakfast every morning and drinks every afternoon. I would definitely consider myself a tough critic when it comes to hotels (a hotel-snob if you will) and I was very impressed with the cleanliness, the location, and the overall experience I had there. Needless to say, I will definitely be returning back to Trails End in the future. :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Fanatstic vacation venue that specializes in amazing customer service. Extremely friendly , and helpful staff. Good breakfast, and Après Ski everyday. Ski's are put out every morning, and you are 75 yard cat walk to ski out. It is an easy "ski-in".
Our 1 bedroom unit (#105) with 1 1/2 bath was spacious, has a fireplace, and has a stackable washer/dryer. Very roomy for a 1 Bedroom. Very comfortable.
Honest feedback time.... Very dated for the price. Putting two flat screen TV's in is nice, but modernize the kitchen and bathroom.Stained carpet, Early 1990's furniture and decor. Upon arrival, shower was backed up, lamp bulbs were expired, and blinds on windows were broken. They quickly fixed all, but it shouldn't be that way at these prices. We didn't have the heart to keep complaining, but the hot tub was barely functional.
We were pleased with the atmosphere, notable high level of service,not real happy about unit 105.

Room Tip: Ask for a updated unit if seeking a 1 bedroom. Units are individually owned (and decorated) DV Reso...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
DV_emarketing, General Manager at Trail's End Lodge, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Good Day.
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at Trail’s End Lodge. I apologize for the shortfall in the areas you mentioned and that we discussed over the phone. We have already begun to address these items and will share your comments with the homeowner as well. Thank you again for taking the time to speak to me today. I am glad you will return to the Trail’s End Lodge when back in Deer Valley and we look forward to your return. Please contact me personally when you are ready to make your reservations.

Mark Murphy
Trail's End Lodge

Been to Trail's End Lodge? Share your experiences!