“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chateaux Deer Valley

Save Saved
You added The Chateaux Deer Valley to your Saves list
The Chateaux Deer Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7815 Royal St E, Park City, UT 84060 (Formerly The Chateaux at Silver Lake)   |
Special Offer
Dine & Stay
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Evanston, Wyoming
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Absolutely stunning. Loved the dark wood and stone, and the luxurious feel of the whole place. We had a great little get away for my husband and myself. Loved the little touches and everything was fresh and crisp. I just felt like I kept sinking into the bed. Didn't want to leave.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I made a last minute decision to stay one more night in Park City after transportation issues. Not only was I able to get a reservation that day, I was able to use an online deal for $99. I was pleasantly surprised by the room which was very clean, comfortable, and well decorated, and most of all I was pleased with the service I received. Even though october is an off season for visiting Park City I was met with as good service as I have ever received and our every need was met. The only complaint I would have about the whole stay was that one of the robes in the closet was very ratty while the other was in perfect condition.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I surprised my wife by taking her to this hotel for her birthday and we were both quite pleased. Our room was spacious (king suite) and clean, as was the hotel in general. The staff was very courteous and professional. We really enjoyed being able to open our room windows at night to let the crisp mountain air in. We also found the on site restaurant (Cena) to be top notch. We purchased a package which entitled us to both a room and dinner for two at Cena and found this to be a very good value. The food was excellent and there were enough choices on the menu that there should be something for just about everyone.

I did find it a bit confusing as to where to park our car upon arrival. There's an outside lot directly across the street from the hotel, and there's an underground garage beneath the hotel where there is complimentary parking. We ended up parking in the underground garage.

I also felt that the furniture in our room was just a bit dated. The LCD TV felt quite small (I believe it was 27-32") considering how large the room was.

Overall though, I was very happy with our stay and would be glad to recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Chateaux is nestled in the Deer Valley resort and the views of the slopes during late Summer/early Fall are beautiful. We were initially presented with a bedroom with a king-sized bed, as per our reservation....it was a very small room. We called the front desk and Alex cheerfully offered to show us the studio next door. The studio was very well appointed, large and nicely furnished so we were thrilled to make the change.

Getting around town at night was extremely convenient with the hotel shuttle for both drop off into Park City and pickup back to the hotel. Gregg was our driver on both nights and was informative and very pleasant to chat with.

We would return in a heartbeat thanks to the outstanding service from everyone we came in contact with at The Chateaux.

Room Tip: If you are able, get a studio with balcony on the 4th (top floor) of the main building. You may hav...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This property has rooms that are owned by people, and rented through a "hotel" so there may be some variation in the rooms, I don't know. I stayed here on business as the overflow property since the Montage and Stein Erikson were full. The Stein felt like a true ski lodge. The Montage was beautiful but felt like a hotel. This, however, was really homey and felt like a condo/lodge property. I had a basic King room - fireplace, kitchenette in the bath. It was simple, nice, and cozy. Underground parking here. Sad little gym but otherwise, just fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
near S Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pro's: OMG, where to begin. Well manicured grounds. Easy, beautiful checkin. And the atmosphere; so elegant. And the room! Like staying at a small castle with full benefits; the tub is actually a spa tub. Everything very clean and comfortable. We were very, very happy.
Con's: None really; the entrance to parking is a bit tricky if you've never been here before; sort of an under ground parking area. Also, our GPS didn't bring us straight to the hotel. But nothing can be done about that.
I'm so glad we stopped on our way home, just to see what Park City was all about. We'll be sure to return here. And P.S., the restaurant, CENA , is part of the hotel and I had the best cocktail and most wonderful meal; oh, and great staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Heber City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a fantastic property with a lot of nice luxury touches. First, you are greeted in the lobby by Paul who is charming and professional. Offering to call elevators and direct us to our conference facilities. He was a constant fixture of ours stay, able to direct us to restroom, vending machines etc.

Then, at the front desk, Shawna was helpful, friendly and professional. She was able to secure us a spectacular room that wasn't quite ready as we arrived before check in time! Alex also helped us with our room keys and directions to our room.

The room, was filled with luxury touches. We were there for a conference so It was me and a colleagues in a room with 2 Queens. We were a little giddy, when we saw the jetted tub (which I thoroughly enjoyed) The room had a gas fireplace, HD TV with a DVD player, huge bathroom with his and hers sinks, a heated towel rack, a small fridge,microwave and even a toaster.

There were robes in the room which we were told we could wear to the Hot Tub and Pool. It is a bit of a walk to the pool area, and we went just to test the waters with our toes but were impressed on how warm the pool was! The hot tub was also tempting and large. The outdoor natural gas fire pit, was something I want to put in my house, and the fountain is just a fun touch.

The food for our 2 day conference was unimpressive. Breakfasts were muffins, yogurt, juice and fruit. Lunches were soups (which was luke warm when I ate it), cold sandwiches and salads. The dinner banquet which we paid (a lot) extra for was just okay. The chicken Parmesan was on the cold side. I know it is because our conference was on a tight budget but I still expected it little a more of a fine dining experience considering the property we were at!

The only complaint we had was our door lock! It took the strength of two grown women to open after we inserted the key. There is something wrong with the locking system, when we push the handle down we had to really REALLY push the door. It was comical so we laughed it off. It was so minor we just dealt with it!

Can't wait to come back next year to our conference which is scheduled here and hopefully we can stay overnight again!!

Over all the experience was luxury and quality!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Chateaux Deer Valley? Share your experiences!