“Warm and Cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Chateaux Deer Valley

Save Saved
You added The Chateaux Deer Valley to your Saves list
The Chateaux Deer Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7815 Royal St E, Park City, UT 84060 (Formerly The Chateaux at Silver Lake)   |
Special Offer
Dine & Stay
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Warm and Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This property has rooms that are owned by people, and rented through a "hotel" so there may be some variation in the rooms, I don't know. I stayed here on business as the overflow property since the Montage and Stein Erikson were full. The Stein felt like a true ski lodge. The Montage was beautiful but felt like a hotel. This, however, was really homey and felt like a condo/lodge property. I had a basic King room - fireplace, kitchenette in the bath. It was simple, nice, and cozy. Underground parking here. Sad little gym but otherwise, just fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
near S Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pro's: OMG, where to begin. Well manicured grounds. Easy, beautiful checkin. And the atmosphere; so elegant. And the room! Like staying at a small castle with full benefits; the tub is actually a spa tub. Everything very clean and comfortable. We were very, very happy.
Con's: None really; the entrance to parking is a bit tricky if you've never been here before; sort of an under ground parking area. Also, our GPS didn't bring us straight to the hotel. But nothing can be done about that.
I'm so glad we stopped on our way home, just to see what Park City was all about. We'll be sure to return here. And P.S., the restaurant, CENA , is part of the hotel and I had the best cocktail and most wonderful meal; oh, and great staff!

Heber City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a fantastic property with a lot of nice luxury touches. First, you are greeted in the lobby by Paul who is charming and professional. Offering to call elevators and direct us to our conference facilities. He was a constant fixture of ours stay, able to direct us to restroom, vending machines etc.

Then, at the front desk, Shawna was helpful, friendly and professional. She was able to secure us a spectacular room that wasn't quite ready as we arrived before check in time! Alex also helped us with our room keys and directions to our room.

The room, was filled with luxury touches. We were there for a conference so It was me and a colleagues in a room with 2 Queens. We were a little giddy, when we saw the jetted tub (which I thoroughly enjoyed) The room had a gas fireplace, HD TV with a DVD player, huge bathroom with his and hers sinks, a heated towel rack, a small fridge,microwave and even a toaster.

There were robes in the room which we were told we could wear to the Hot Tub and Pool. It is a bit of a walk to the pool area, and we went just to test the waters with our toes but were impressed on how warm the pool was! The hot tub was also tempting and large. The outdoor natural gas fire pit, was something I want to put in my house, and the fountain is just a fun touch.

The food for our 2 day conference was unimpressive. Breakfasts were muffins, yogurt, juice and fruit. Lunches were soups (which was luke warm when I ate it), cold sandwiches and salads. The dinner banquet which we paid (a lot) extra for was just okay. The chicken Parmesan was on the cold side. I know it is because our conference was on a tight budget but I still expected it little a more of a fine dining experience considering the property we were at!

The only complaint we had was our door lock! It took the strength of two grown women to open after we inserted the key. There is something wrong with the locking system, when we push the handle down we had to really REALLY push the door. It was comical so we laughed it off. It was so minor we just dealt with it!

Can't wait to come back next year to our conference which is scheduled here and hopefully we can stay overnight again!!

Over all the experience was luxury and quality!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We recently got married at Deer valley at the Silver lake Lodge. We needed a place to stay after the wedding and we needed a nearby hotel for our out of town guests. I contacted the General Manager of the Chateaux and that same day, he had the Reservations Manager call me and set something up. They gave us a really good deal on our room for the night and set up a block of rooms for our guests that were at a very good price as well. We wanted to give our guests an option of a nice nearby hotel such as the Chateaux or a budget hotel down in town. Everybody took the Chateaux option because the rate was only a few more $ than the budget hotel.

The bridal party had a suite and the service from housekeeping to maintenance was perfect. No issue went unaddressed and everybody was so friendly on the phone. As far as the Bride/Groom, they upgraded us to the nicest room in the property!! Wow... that really made the night. They gave us a late check out and helped us get reservations at the famous Stein Erickson Sunday brunch! I also wanted to recognize Dax and Jacki from the front desk who were very knowledgeable and who both went out of their way to give us 5 star service. I have been to the Chateaux before and I will continue to come stay here and refer it to all of my family, friends and business associates!

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I just spent two wonderful nights in the Chateaux Deer Valley, Park City, Utah, celebrating our 40th anniversary. When we arrived, we had a very pleasant and warm greeting by Jacqui and Alex, and other staff members. I must admit I was a little nervous when I booked our stay at the Chateaux, but I cannot say enough good about the staff. They made us feel at home from the minute we walked through the door, and until our departure. They were amazing and extremely helpful, and didn’t seem to mind our endless questions. We were given a beautiful one bedroom corner suite with a wall of windows in the dining area. Our suite had some rustic furnishings which added to the charm of the suite. The fireplaces in both the living room and bedroom added to the warm atmosphere. The master bath was roomy and featured a jetted tub with shower, wonderful oversized towels, lighted magnifying makeup mirror, and toiletries. There was also a second smaller bath with a shower that we used since it would have been difficult to get in and out of the jetted tub to take a shower. There was also a fully stocked kitchen with a microwave and coffee maker. The living room and bedroom each had large flat screen TV's with lots of channels. The Chateaux is in a perfect location just above Park City, Utah. The property was immaculate and very well maintained, and the amenities were outstanding.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was very large and sunny. I would recommend this property to anyone who enjoys ca...
Wrangell, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The clean, comfortable room had a feather bed, jacuzzi tub, fireplace and other amazing amenities. The staff was again, some of the best I've encountered (and I travel a lot!). The complimentary shuttle was great with friendly, helpful drivers who will take you down to Main Street and pick you up in a timely fashion. The prices was reasonable in the off season. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm seldom at a loss for words; and all I can say is this place is AWESOME!!!! I can't remember a more relaxing, comfortable, peaceful, quiet, and friendly place I've ever stayed. Our stay was during the "off season" so the winter ski season is probably very different.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chateaux Deer Valley? Share your experiences!