“"Wonderful Stay!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chateaux Deer Valley

Save Saved
You added The Chateaux Deer Valley to your Saves list
The Chateaux Deer Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7815 Royal St E, Park City, UT 84060 (Formerly The Chateaux at Silver Lake)   |
Offers & Announcements
Dine & Stay
Ranked #6 of 59 hotels in Park City
Asheville, North Carolina
“"Wonderful Stay!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I just spent two wonderful nights in the Chateaux Deer Valley, Park City, Utah, celebrating our 40th anniversary. When we arrived, we had a very pleasant and warm greeting by Jacqui and Alex, and other staff members. I must admit I was a little nervous when I booked our stay at the Chateaux, but I cannot say enough good about the staff. They made us feel at home from the minute we walked through the door, and until our departure. They were amazing and extremely helpful, and didn’t seem to mind our endless questions. We were given a beautiful one bedroom corner suite with a wall of windows in the dining area. Our suite had some rustic furnishings which added to the charm of the suite. The fireplaces in both the living room and bedroom added to the warm atmosphere. The master bath was roomy and featured a jetted tub with shower, wonderful oversized towels, lighted magnifying makeup mirror, and toiletries. There was also a second smaller bath with a shower that we used since it would have been difficult to get in and out of the jetted tub to take a shower. There was also a fully stocked kitchen with a microwave and coffee maker. The living room and bedroom each had large flat screen TV's with lots of channels. The Chateaux is in a perfect location just above Park City, Utah. The property was immaculate and very well maintained, and the amenities were outstanding.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was very large and sunny. I would recommend this property to anyone who enjoys ca...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wrangell, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The clean, comfortable room had a feather bed, jacuzzi tub, fireplace and other amazing amenities. The staff was again, some of the best I've encountered (and I travel a lot!). The complimentary shuttle was great with friendly, helpful drivers who will take you down to Main Street and pick you up in a timely fashion. The prices was reasonable in the off season. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm seldom at a loss for words; and all I can say is this place is AWESOME!!!! I can't remember a more relaxing, comfortable, peaceful, quiet, and friendly place I've ever stayed. Our stay was during the "off season" so the winter ski season is probably very different.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Napa California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just returned from another great stay at The Chateaux in Deer Valley. From the check in with Alex to the warm greeting from the Guest Services Manager Jacqui Livingston I have to say every staff person I came in contact greeted us with a smile and a greeting. We found our accommodations to be in excellent condition. I thought the guest amenities in the units were quite good. I used the exercise room each day and found the equipment to be in very good condition. I was a bit surprised that they didn't have flat screen TV's in the exercise room with direct audio feed to each piece of equipment but that wasn't a big deal. We have stayed at The Chateaux several times and would certainly recommend it to anyone considering a stay in Deer Valley.

Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If your idea of a hotel should capture the feeling of an aging, under-funded apartment complex, this is the place for you. As you enter the property through the dirty, dimly-lit, sour-smelling parking garage, the hope that things can only get better gradually fades. This place gets pretty good reviews, but after staying here, I am absolutely convinced that at least some of the positive reviews are coming from the owners of the individual units.

We arrived in August with our four children for one last summer fling. We intended to stay seven nights but checked out after two. This place gave us the creeps. Getting our bags from the dank, underground parking garage involved two separate elevators and walking through areas that should only be seen by the janitor, who, by the way, probably hasn't dropped by for a while. This place is in serious need of an overhaul, and I would guess it has hit some serious financial problems. The few staff that were there were friendly but not very polished, and the room was cozy and cute, but VERY overpriced (I cannot stress that enough) and did not feel at all like a four-star property. The room felt dark, some items were in need of repair, and we all felt trapped and surrounded by musty, meandering, banged-up hallways. We could either sit in the room or go swim in the very tiny, 4-foot-deep swimming pool. It felt very cheap and not at all resort-like. My wife and I both felt a serious case of buyer’s remorse, as did other people we talked to that were staying there. We all breathed a sigh of relief as we drove out of the parking garage, bound for a better place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Every detail was great. We were treated very well and offered all kinds of amenities. Thanks so much to everyone there, especially Jacqi! We had a great brunch at the sister hotel near by and a complementary ride door to door. We walked around the area and enjoyed the spectacular views all around.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From the first phone call to book a room for our anniversary to our departure, the staff was friendly and efficient. In these days of no good customer service, they were a refreshing breath of fresh air. When we arrived, we were given a wonderful suite with a wall of windows with a beautiful view of the mountains. The fireplaces in the living room and in the bedroom added to the warm atmosphere. The property is immaculate and well maintained. We ate in the restaurant on site and it was delicious. I cannot say enough good about the staff. The went out of their way to help our anniversary be the very best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chateaux Deer Valley? Share your experiences!