“Excellent service, amazing suites.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chateaux Deer Valley

You added The Chateaux Deer Valley to your Saves list
The Chateaux Deer Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7815 Royal St E, Park City, UT 84060 (Formerly The Chateaux at Silver Lake)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Cedar Hills, Utah
“Excellent service, amazing suites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Beautiful, large, and well decorated suites with amazing mountain views. Heated underground parking with very friendly staff. The resort is close enough to all the Park City attractions but far away enough give you that secluded mountain feel. Ski resorts right there out the door. Great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Tooele, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the one bedroom suites for Valentine's Day weekend. The room was amazing with an amazing view. Staff was very hospitable and accomodating. The underground heated parking was very nice. We relaxed in the clean and very warm hottub while it snowed around us. There was a fire place in the front room as well as the bedroom. In the evening, they provided us with bottled water and turned down our bed. Had a great time sipping on cocktails while lounging on the balcony.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jindabyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Our stay was for 21 days and we skied for 18 days and traveled about Park City for the rest of the time and did not even get close to doing all the things we wanted to do.
The hotel is Managed by the Owners of the adjacent Stine Ericson Ski lodge and as such the standard of service is of equal messure. You can also eat at the Stine and have the account charged to your room. ( I would walk across to the Stine for dinner or lunch but some of the other guest prefered to travel by the in house shuttle to the Stine for meals).
Upon arival the front desk is the first point of contact and this is where the strengh of service is first noticesed. The staff "made the stay" for my traveling companion and my self.
I remember the names of all the front desk Alax, Gaylla, Jacqi, Kathy, Shawna & Stephnie. (thanks for making the stay above all expetations).
The next staff who made our stay were the service for breakfast which was always quick and friendly, then the food was as good as you will ever get, a great veriety (breakfast keeped us skiing all day).
As Silver Lake is high on the mountian and a lot of the night life and shopping is in Park City below, the Chateaux has a fleet of shuttles, which provide the most wonderful drop-off and pick-up service to all the shop, pub and restaurants. Again I have to mention two of the staff, both Dax & David made out trip, they were able to sort out any problem and went well beyond their duty.
The hotel is just across the road to the snow less than 80 yards, if you intend to ski at Deer Valley then Silver Lake is the place to start and finish the days skiing due to its location on the mountain. When finished the Hotel Bar is a good place to relax.
What I did not like, only a small problem but, as the rooms and suites are privately owned some are slightly over furnished thus limiting the free space available in the rooms and the air conditioning can be a bit noisy. That said the room service is full 5 star. Very clean. The room had everything and the gas log fire in the room was just wonderful to relax by at the end of the day, many times I just fell asleep by the fire. The private kitchen in my room was much better they my Kitchen at home.
Is it cheep? No. Did I think it was value? Yes. Would I stay again? Yes. I will be saving up to stay again. I have had over 40 ski vacations in my life of all types all over the world and I think I now know whats is good and what not, I can recommend the Chateaux at Silve Lake to all.

Room Tip: Lower floors can use the main lobby stairs but the upper two floors are accessed by the lifts. All...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Easton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Just back from 7 nights skiing at Deer Valley. Can't say enough about the whole experience at the Chateaux. Loved the closeness to the slopes. We will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at The Chateaux at Silver Lake for my 1st visit to Sundance. I was very excited about the trip and the pictures on the website were so beautiful, I couldn’t wait to see it in person.

When we arrived, we were checked in promptly and Steve, who later became our frequent driver, showed us to our room and guided us through the amenities. Steve was fabulous and helpful whenever we needed anything. He was sweet and knowledgeable.
We also had Andy and Ian (sp?) as our drivers. Both were fantastic as well. Always prompt, helpful, and personable.

I have to say that my favorite moment of every day was sharing a bottle of wine with one of my fellow travelers. Kryztov was absolutely spot on with all of his recommendations and was a bright spot in our evenings. He treated us wonderfully and seemed to enjoy our enthusiasm for their wonderful selection of wines. He had a fantastic knowledge of the menu and personal opinions and insight on everything. For our last night, he personally picked a wine for us as a surprise and was delighted to see us come back from dinner to enjoy it. I will certainly look forward to seeing him the next time I visit the Chateaux.

Overall, I found the staff to be very friendly, helpful, and upbeat. They were always available with a smile and a helping hand. The rooms were lovely and very clean. My only complaint was the mattress. I found it to be hard and a little tough to sleep on. The spa tub was a welcome relief from the cold, as was the fireplace. I couldn’t have picked a better place to enjoy my first visit to Park City and would gladly return for future visits. Thank you Chateaux!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We made a late booking at the Chateau in the second week of Sundance film festival. Our studio was very comfortable. The bed was pulled down each night so during the day the room was very large. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom although small is very useable. We liked the free wireless and the log gas fire.
It is a one minute walk to the slope and the shuttle service was frequent with extremely helpful drivers. All the staff are very well trained and provide service with a smile. Nothing is too hard to arrange and good advice is always on hand.
Breakfasts were high standard with the NY Times always on hand to read.
Cant rate this more highly except that we would have liked bedside tables and reading lamps but decor is left to the owners so cant always predict the layout. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: always check interior layout for the studios
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at The Chateaux Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
We are so pleased you were able to stay with us during the famous Sundance Film Festival. It is an exciting time to be in Park City. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I will pass on your note about the bedside tables with lamps to the appropriate department. Safe travels.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We spent second time in this chateau about 12 days. We are combining skiing with Sundance FF and at this place we feel like in a home. It is very cozy and elegant place. Amazing location for skiing and 5 minutes from Park City.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
The annual Sundance Film Festival is an amazing time to visit Park City. Your trip timing was perfect, this year's event not only brought great films but also 3 feet of snow. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Been to The Chateaux Deer Valley? Share your experiences!