“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lodges at Deer Valley

Save Saved
You added Lodges at Deer Valley to your Saves list
Lodges at Deer Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 Deer Valley Drive East, PO Box 3417, Park City, UT 80460   |
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Tampa, Florida
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at this property for a recent week-long ski trip with 2 children. We booked a 1 bedroom unit which had a full and very impressive kitchen, a lovely and large living area with fireplace, a private balcony and two full bathrooms.
The unit was very nicely equipped and decorated very tastefully.
The bed(s) were comfortable and the unit was very clean.
The hot daily breakfast was very nice.
The cookies and hot chocolate at day's end were a nice addition too.
There was a full-sized washer and dryer in the unit.
The drivers were always available to take our family anywhere in Park City and up the mountain to the other lodges in nicely maintained luxury SUVs. They were friendly and prompt.
The Lodge is conveniently located to the base of Deer Valley ski resort and Main Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DV_emarketing, Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay at the Lodges. As you might imagine, the experiences from our guests play such a significant part in our continual effort to enhance the Lodges experience.

It is especially rewarding when the details which give the Lodges its heart and soul, are recognized and appreciated. It is our simple vision to assist our guests in every way, to create lasting Deer Valley memories. We could not be more pleased that were successful in executing these fundamental values for you and your family. And regarding your comments pertaining to our skier's breakfast - I am pleased to tell you that we have a new restaurant project underway at the Lodges which I believe will further enhance your experience.

Thank you again for your your kind remarks and helpful feedback. We certainly recognize there are many vacation options available for consideration in the Park City area. We are honored you chose the Lodges at Deer Valley on this occasion and for the opportunity to earn your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodges in the future and until then, remain at your service.

2900 Deer Valley Drive East/PO Box 3417
Park City, UT 84060

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We returned to the Lodges after a hiatus of several years. It did not disappoint. Our three bedroom condo was very large, well appointed, comfortable, and did not show signs of wear and tear. The place has been well maintained. Beds are very comfortable. Nice pool but they could use another hot tub during the busy ski season. The location near the base of the Snow Park is very good, and the the Lodges has a shuttle service that easily and quickly takes guests to/from the slopes. Front desk staff and concierge were very helpful throughout our stay. Very courteous bell staff helps with skis and will drive you to/from Park City on a moments notice. They have a complimentary breakfast that is pretty good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DV_emarketing, Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Lodges experience. I was delighted to read where you recognized and appreciated the many touches we do to care for our guest but was especially pleased that this was a return visit to our property.

You may be assured that I have noted where the breakfast experience perhaps left you a little "wanting". Kindly be advised that we have a new restaurant project underway at the Lodges, scheduled to open this summer and fully operational well before the next ski season. I`m of the opinion that this new food and beverage outlet will be a great enhancement to both breakfast and apres ski, as well as the overall Lodges guest experience.

Our goal at the Lodges is pretty straight forward. It`s simply to provide the very best in facilities, service and value, to every guest, every time. We could not be more pleased that we were successful in executing our service values for you.

Thank you again for your most helpful feedback. We recognize there are many vacation options available for consideration in the Park City area. We are honored you chose the Lodges at Deer Valley again on this occasion and for the opportunity to earn your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodges in the future and until then, remain at your service.

lebergerus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

After going for years to Snowmass and Aspen, we decided to try out Deer Valley. We rented a 2 bedroom condo in the Lodges for 5 days after President's Day weekend. The facility itself is fine. Seems somewhat run down and room rates run $1000-$1500 a night. This certainly isn't Four Seasons or anything close to that quality.

We arrived at noon (after calling numerous times over the previous weeks saying we'd arrive then). We were informed that check-in wasn't till 4pm. The resort was empty so we asked if they could fix our room and perhaps let us in early. The desk employee sort of snarled and then said yes. We then proceeded to spend 4 hours (with 3 kids) in the Lobby which is absolutely freezing (no double doors) as the staff completely ignored us. We asked at least a dozen times if our room was ready and were treated rudely and unprofessionally each time.

When we asked staff for restaurant recommendations they couldn't give us any.

The key reader on our door didn't recognize our keys and when we had to continually go ask for new keys (one time at 10pm at night---again with kids in tow)--we were made to wait for 30 minutes till they go maintenance and lectured us about how our keys were being wiped out b/c they were in pockets with credit cards----magically this happened to everyone's keys, every time.

The included breakfast was good...unless you had to sit in the overflow room which was sparse and cold.

We've travelled enough to know that given the pricing on these condos there are other choices that are far better for the same price.

Stay away.

L. Berger

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DV_emarketing, Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback from your recent stay at the Lodges, as well as your time with me on the phone. Candidly speaking, your comments were terribly disappointing to hear and saddened me in many ways. I can assure you that our entire team feels equally responsible for the issues you experienced. An experience such as you have described reflects the complete opposite of our intentions at the Lodges, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I can tell you that after reading your review and then speaking with you on the phone, I was compelled to meet with my leadership team to discuss your experience in detail to determine the area(s) where the lapse in serve occurred so that we could keep the issues you experienced form impacting current and future guests. It became clear that the catalyst to your dissatisfaction was our failure to honor the early check-in request you had indicated in this review and then again with me on the phone. To fully understand how we may have missed this important service component I was obliged to personally listen to each of the phone conversations and read all of the written correspondence associated with your reservation. Unfortunately, there was no mention of an early arrival request, verbal or written from anyone representing your party as your review had indicated. Regardless of that, it makes your experience all the more disheartening for our team as we truly pride ourselves in being able to respond immediately to the special needs of our guests. I’m terribly sorry we were not able to accommodate you and your family any earlier than 2:30 p.m., from your noon arrival. I can assure you that accommodating the check-in time by an hour and one half offers little satisfaction to the Lodges team. Recognizing you were not part of the reservation process, I would kindly inform you that your room rate was substantially less than represented in the review and includes daily ski passes for five of your family members.

I hope you will accept my earnest apology for the disappointment you experienced. A previous TripAdvisor review suggests that the Lodges at Deer Valley “Is absolutely perfect.” While perfection is exactly what we strive for with each and every guest, I can tell you it can sometimes prove to be a very lofty and even improbable goal. We certainly recognize that sometimes things do not go as we would hope despite every effort we make to respond when issues such as you experienced occur, and I am painfully aware that because of your experience we may have lost you as a guest. This is our deepest regret however, it is our principled belief that we make every effort to do what is right for our guests and I kindly ask that you contact me directly at (435-615-2602) when your travels call for our area in the future. I would be very pleased to personally oversee the details of your next visit to restore your every confidence and complete faith in us.

We thank you for using this important travel medium to communicate your experience and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Lodges in the future. Until then, you may be assured we will remain at your service.
Respectfully,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Fantastic place to stay in Deer Valley. Beautiful lobby. Our two bedroom condo was large, luxurious, with gourmet kitchen and views of the Deer Valley ski runs. Nice pool and jacuzzi area, nice gym. Free Cadillac Escalade shuttle service took us anywhere we wanted to go in Park City. The breakfast was excellent and convenient. The skiing at Deer Valley is so great, we love it!

Room Tip: 3202 is a great unit, really nicely appointed, great ski run views, close to pool, gym and breakfast...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DV_emarketing, Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Lodges with me. Feedback, especially from our winter vacation guests, is such an important part of our effort to improve the Lodges hospitality experience. I was delighted by the 100% satisfaction rating you gave us and humbled by your kind remarks regarding all the special touches we do to care for our guest.

Our goal at the Lodges and Deer Valley is very straight forward. We make every effort to help our guests create terrific memories through our facilities certainly, but in particular though our service. We could not be more pleased that we were successful in executing these service values for you.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback. We recognize there are many vacation options available for consideration in the Park City area. We are honored you chose the Lodges at Deer Valley on this occasion and for the opportunity to earn your trust. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future and until then, remain at your service.

Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just returned from spending 4 nights here. Deer Valley is known for its service and this place lived up to that reputation. We booked through DV Resorts and received a 20% discount on lodging including lift tickets. Our 2 BR condo was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The service and demeanor of the staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful from front desk to bell service. I shipped a bag out and it was waiting for me when I got here and they shipped it back for me (my pre-paid label) without any issues or worries. I wasn't sure about not having ski in/out, but the van service to and from Snow Park (minutes away) was frequent and easy, and there was a very good SUV service (included at no extra charge) to go to Silver Lake and really anywhere else nearby including Park City (tipping is a nice idea, we heard people say they waited until the end of the trip and gave a single amount because it was easier and tips are shared by all the bellman). Breakfast was fine, it is pretty much the same everyday, it makes life easier when you can just pop down and grab something, but if you want anything hot (other than make your own waffles) I would suggest stocking your condo and cooking yourself. We probably didn't need a car given the SUV service, but we had one and there is underground parking that is very easy and included. One thing we didn't know, but really wasn't an issue, is that there are multiple buildings over a connected underground garage, so depending on where you are staying, you may need to go outside to get to the front desk and breakfast. Really not a big deal at all. I generally left the condo with my ski boots on and walked to the front to grab the shuttle. I guess you could put your boots on in the lobby and they would hold your shoes for you. Also, the daily maid service was very good and amazingly inconspicuous (to those in our party that weren't out all day skiing). We would stay here again and recommend it to others without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DV_emarketing, General Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Wolpert family,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Lodges with me. I was proud you recognized and appreciated all the little things we do to personalized our guest’s experience, and humbled by your thoughtful remarks regarding the service and responsiveness of our staff. Kindly be advised that some guests staying off the main building will wear soft shoes from their unit to the lobby, change into their ski boots before accessing the shuttle and leave their shoes secured at the bell closet until they return from the slopes.

Having been in this industry for many years I understand the importance of guest’s feedback on our ability to better serve you and other guests, now and in the future. It is exactly this forum which was the catalyst of the new restaurant project at the Lodges, which will be open this summer. You may be assured that the food and beverage offerings at the Lodges will be greatly enhanced upon your next visit.

Wolpert family, we thank you again for your most helpful feedback and for recommending us so highly. We certainly recognize there are many family vacation options available for consideration in the Park City area. We are honored you chose the Lodges at Deer Valley on this occasion and for the opportunity to earn your trust. We will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future and until then, we remain at your service.

2900 Deer Valley Drive East/PO Box 3417
abartholomew@lodge-deervalley.com
Sugar Land
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful trip to Deer Valley. We have skied here before but never stayed at a resort hotel. We are so glad we did. As others have noted, the famous Deer Valley service is great! Everything from check-in to housekeeping to the concierge to the ski shuttle (2 minute ride to Snow Park) to the free town transportation is easy and friendly. The Lodges has an on-site lift ticket office, ski rental, and small grocery (think Whole Foods plus alcohol and take out of the famous Deer Valley chili and other entrees). There are free yoga classes at the sister Silver Baron lodge, a nice fitness room and outdoor hot-tub and pool. DVDs are available to rent and there are some children's activities. The free hot chocolate and cookies in the afternoon are delicious, and the underground parking and connections between buildings is very convenient. Our "hotel" room was spacious, quiet and comfortable, with plenty of closet, bathroom, and drawer space. We didn't need the mini-fridge, but used the microwave and appreciated the dinnerware and bathrobes. Wifi, the DVD player, and Direct TV were nice. The skiers breakfast featured waffles, cold cuts, cheese, boiled eggs, oatmeal with a variety of toppings, fresh fruit, yogurt and a nice variety of bakery items. We enjoyed our stay so much that we just made an offer on a 2 bedroom condo so that we can bring all our kids.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DV_emarketing, General Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Lodges experience with me in such detail. Feedback, especially from our first time Lodges guests, is such an important part of our effort to improve.

We were proud of the 100% satisfaction rating you gave and particularly so for your kind remarks on our facilities and service. It is very rewarding when that which gives the Lodges its heart and soul, is recognized. It is our simple goal to provide the very best in facilities, service and value, to every guest, every time. We could not be more pleased that we were successful in executing these service values for you.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback. My colleagues and I certainly recognize there are many vacation options available for consideration in the Park City area. We are honored you chose the Lodges at Deer Valley on this occasion and humbled that you are considering joining the Lodges family as an owner, based on the strength of your recent experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your entire family back in the future and until then, we will remain at your service.

2900 Deer Valley Drive East
www.deervalley.com
Canton, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are from Mississippi and, for our Christmas gift, my parents took my brother, sister, my husband and me on a trip to Park City. We arrived on a Monday and came home on Friday. The Lodges at Deer Valley are wonderful!! We would definitely stay there again. I highly recommend this place.
It is an extremely convenient, clean and family oriented place to stay. It is close to Snow Park for skiers, close to the St. Regis bar, and close to Main Street for shoppers. Complimentary shuttle and "taxi" service (via Cadillac Escalade) is available from and back to the lodge to each of these places I mentioned above and more. The rooms we stayed in were extremely clean and a maid service even comes in each day to make beds, refresh towels and unload clean dishes from the dishwasher. There is a store downstairs where one can buy snacks, wine, etc.; the staff members at The Lodges are super friendly. The lobby is also very nice, along with the complimentary cookies and hot chocolate!

Stayed January 2014
DV_emarketing, General Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Ms. Canton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Lodges experience and for recommending us so highly. I was especially proud to read where you recognized and appreciated the many special touches we do to care for our guests. We have received such comments complimenting our in-town shuttle service and certainly having a hospitality partner like Cadillac provide the vehicles, makes the experience all the more comfortable.

Ms. Canton, our goal at the Lodges is to provide the very best in comfort, service and value to every guest, every time. We could not be more pleased that we were successful in executing these service values for you.

Thank you again for your most thoughtful feedback. We certainly recognize there are many vacation options available for consideration in the Park City area. We are honored you chose the Lodges on this occasion and for the opportunity to earn your trust. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Lodges in the future and until then, we remain at your service.

The Lodges at Deer Valley

Been to Lodges at Deer Valley? Share your experiences!