So this is one of those places (I think I'm understanding this right) where the units are actually owned by individuals, who use them mostly for vacations, and when they're not there, the management rents the apartments out as hotel rooms. And I've actually been in one of the units in this complex when the owners were living/vacationing there -- it was a family occasion, people were cooking holiday dinners, and it felt like a home. I've also recently been there in hotel room mode (different unit, but the apartments were pretty similar), and it *felt* really different: like a corporate mockup of a home, or a stage set of a home. Everything was there (all the basics: a bed you could sleep well in, a good shower, etc etc, and actually the amenities were pretty nice), but it was kind of disconcerting overall.
So the recommendation: if you're bringing the family and your stuff for a couple weeks, and
you're going to settle in and cook after you're done with your hiking or skiing, it's great, and
I recommend it. If you're just using it as hotel space, rather than living space, there's nothing
exactly wrong with it, but it feels kind of off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the grandeur of the lobby’s three story stone fireplace to the warmth of the beautifully appointed condominium-style residences, Lodges at Deer Valley is a classic statement in rustic elegance and warm hospitality. Conveniently located less than half a mile from the base of Deer Valley Resort, this tranquil mountain setting offers a variety of year-round activities including skiing, snowmobiling, sleigh rides, hiking, biking, fly fishing and much more. Our complimentary shuttle service, provided by Cadillac, offers direct access to the resort and allows you to experience the shopping, dining and nightlife of Historic Main Street, just minutes away. Affordably priced hotel rooms, as well as one, two and three bedroom condominiums feature full kitchens, cozy dining areas and gas fireplaces. Experience our family-friendly services including daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet during the ski season, on-site Deer Valley ski rental shop, lift ticket desk, on-site fitness facility, concierge services, general store and coffee bar. Relax and unwind in our outdoor heated pool and hot tub or simply enjoy warm genuine hospitality in a luxury mountain resort setting. Meeting and convention facilities include 7,300 square feet of flexible meeting space with views of the surrounding mountains and lakes with catering services provided by Deer Valley’s award-winning culinary team. The Lodges is the perfect choice for your family vacation or group gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Lodges at Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodges At Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Hotel At Deer Valley
- At Deer Valley Hotel
- Lodges At Deer Valley Park City, Utah