“Excellent Accommodations with Plain Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodges at Deer Valley

You added Lodges at Deer Valley to your Saves list
Lodges at Deer Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 Deer Valley Drive East, PO Box 3417, Park City, UT 80460   |
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Park City
“Excellent Accommodations with Plain Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This month I booked a three bedroom condo for myself and the young families of two of my grown children at the Lodges at Deer Valley. We loved it! Originally, I had had my trepidations about this unknown territory (ski resorts!) and the conditions I would find, but the Lodges at Deer Valley is a beautiful complex, and the condo we stayed in was a beautiful, modern, updated (yet rustic), wonderfully furnished living space that any of us would have been proud to call our brand new home! The vaulted ceiling in the living room had big windows, floor-to-ceiling, looking out to a courtyard and the mountain behind. The kitchen was big, with full amenities (new dishwasher, frig, microwave, coffeemaker) and new dishes, cooking and serving pieces. We hosted a birthday party for around 30 people who milled around comfortably in the large living-dining room, also using the very good-sized balcony-porch with seating for four and standing room for others.

The reason for our stay was the wedding of a family member, who was married in the Empire Canyon Lodge area of the Deer Valley Resort, another 1000 feet and 3 miles from our accommodations, but it was an easy shuttle to the wedding in beautiful surroundings. The Lodges also have Escalades or Shuttles that will take you into Park City (half a mile down the road) free of charge to shop or dine, and pick you up when you are ready.

I originally spent a good deal of time asking the reservations office questions about every possible combination of accommodations, especially considering I have five grown children who would attend with their own children. The choices seemed quite complex to me, and I also had to have agreement from my kids, so I put off my decision and worried over it. This resort also requires upfront payments which I could not afford...but I was very pleased to find and book this condo on Hotwire, which allowed me to buy with Bill Me Later, and then receive monies from my kids, which put my worries to rest.

All in all....a terrific time was had by ALL! My four-year-old grandson said he wanted to live there forever and cried for an hour when we left...go! you'll love it.

Room Tip: Some condos have larger living room areas than others and hence have better stretch-out and entertai...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

If your journeys are taking you to Park City Utah, you couldn't ask for a better vacation spot than The Lodges at Deer Valley! It is centrally located in Deer Valley, close to concerts and lifts, and downtown (with a lift from one of the resorts Cadillac Escalade Shuttles, that are available at your beck and call...) is very close by as well.
I had a one bedroom condo, with fully appointed kitchen and Jacuzzi tub in the bath. Plenty of space with a nice private porch looking over the mountainside at my back door.
I did have a car that was conveniently parked in an underground secure garage, by going to the bottom floor of the elevator and taking about 10 steps. (The staff run shuttle was much more efficient for downtown than my own car.) We would ask for restaurant recommendations and they took us to the front door, and picked us up from anywhere in town within mere moments!
I asked the front desk if they knew where I could find a 12 pack of diet Dr. Pepper, they said they would work on that one, when I went back to my room at the end of the night I had a 2 liter on my bed. Wow! What a great staff!
They also have a nice weight room right next to the pool. We did try to sneak a skinny dip in the hot tub, but another couple came out and caught us. The other couple was not in agreement to join us in the nude, but did join us in the hot tub... Fun night!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went to the Deer Valley outdoor Concerts and decided to spend the night. Lodges at Deer Valley was a great choice. We took a shuttle to the concert and they offered it back also, but it was easier to walk the 3 blocks (downhill) back to the resort due to traffic. We got the one bedroom condo which was beautiful with a full kitchen, living room with fireplace, and two bathrooms for a very reasonable summer rate. It was very nicely furnished.
The next morning we took a short walk to Deer Vally St Regis Resort and took the funicular up to their newest resort. It is free and a nice view. On Sundays Park City also has the SIlly Market on Main street we went to. A nice week-end. Park CIty always makes us feel like we've went on vacation, even when we're only an hour from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We got a one bedroom condo and was AMAZED at how LARGE it was; however, we are used to hotel rooms. The one bedroom condo had two full baths and the bedroom had 2 queen beds, which we asked for vs 1 king bed. There was also a FULL kitchen with all the utensils one would need. I took my juicer and veggies and was able to have my juice. We also made our own breakfasts with their pans, etc. There was 2 fridges, 2 microwaves in this unit and a washer and dryer with soap. Plenty of closet, drawer space...even 2 bathrobes...LOTS of pillows...2 tv's (one in the living room and one in the bedroom)...a balcony..secured underground parking, access to a swimming pool, hot tub and fitness room. What more could you ask for?!?!? We will definitely go back...this beats hotel rooms!!

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor condo and had no problems with noise, what-so-ever...
Kailua Kona Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked the hotel room and several things were missing for a resort hotel. No place to hang clothes, one person bathroom...vanity in bath only big enough for a toothbrush and paste, no full length mirror, no closet, small fridge was big noisy/loud. Staff was fantastic and it seems there may be bigger units so don't rule it out...just don't book the hotel room. Clean and comfortable bed and nice decor. Underground parking available....just really little in the hotel room!

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Deer Valley Resort is a piece of heaven on earth. Staff is very friendly & helpful, the location is ideal, and the accomodations are wonderful---super comfy beds!! We had the large 3 bdrm w/ loft & full kitchen, it was decorated in the high mtn style that reflects Park City perfectly & also had a jacuzzi on the back deck!! Will def come back!

Room Tip: ASk for a jacuzzi on the deck!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I loved the lodges! I seriously wish I was still there. I am a complete hotel snob and stay in st Regis' s most of the time but got lucky and stayed at the lodges with my parents, and my family of 4. Including two young children. We stayed in unit 5320. Absolutely beautiful unit!!!!! Vaulted ceilings, flat screen tv, washer dryer in unit, free detergent, free Starbucks coffee, huge closets, huge bathrooms. Just awesome. The service was amazing as well. Front desk was always helpful and polite. The escalades that are shuttles do drive you everywhere you want to go and pick you up! The drivers are SO nice. The snow lodge is right down the street. This is where you pick up the lift to go skiing. Sure this lodge isn't ski in/out. But I'm ok with that. Why walk!!!??? Many places ive stayed that are you have to walk and walk. I'd rather have a car pick me up from point a to point b... With little or no walking in those boots! ;) the views from our place were as good as any in the area. I just loved loved the lodges!!!!! Also we used Park City Sitter service which was awesome. AND we sent out kids to the Deer Valley Adventure camp which was great. I'd give everything 6 stars!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Lodges at Deer Valley? Share your experiences!