Family of 4 (two adults + 11 & 14 year old ) stayed at red pines condo March 3-10th.
We booked a two loft condos unit.
-well located, very close to the canyons station, altough forget about walking distance, best bet is take your car to the canyons base (free parking) and then use the cabriolet lift in order to get to the moutain base.
- condo unit large enough, lots of space for family of four, two lofts means one loft with two double beds and one additional small loft with bunk beds. Our unit had as well two bathrooms wich proves to be very convenient for ski vacations.
- pool area is very nice, outdoor heated pool, one outdoor hot tub, one indoor hot tub, one sauna. Every evening we enjoyed it to a full extent, great views and great way to relax after a full day of great skiiing.
- check-in process is somehow tricky. We went to silver king hotel, then they sent us back to bear hollow lodge. Be aware that if you arrive after hours (after 19h00) you need a code to access some sort of outdoor locked box to get your key for your unit. Not very convenient after a long day of air travel from the east coast...
(but the check-out process is very simple...just leave the key in the condo and lock the doorknob when you leave)
- "old" condo, these are 20-25 years old units - they start to need some uplift and home improvement work. It's functional and OK but nor more than that. don`t expect any kind of nicely decorated, modern type of condo. The kitchen appliances are OK as well, but not more than that.
-canyons resort is a fantastic mountain. we skiied four days there and couldn`t get enough of it. Be aware that this is not a mountain for beginners. Very few green runs. But if you are like us, intermediate skiiers, than you will have a blast, there is a lot and lot of blue runs and our favorite area was the dreamcatcher/day break/dreamscape area...fantastic views, snow and runs, with very few people in those runs since they are located far from the main area (e.g. gondola).
-snowbird station is a must (45 minutes drive from red pines condo). amazing views, runs and snow, located in high altitude though (peak at 11000 feet) so don;t go there on your first day of skiing, go there once you have acclimated yourself to high altitude first. The mineral basin area was fantastic, above the tree line, wide-open areas, some runs groomed, and a lot of ungroomed terrain and still very few people in it...reminded us a lot of some previous ski experience in whistler BC. Again be aware, this is not a mountain for beginners (very few green runs).
Brighton resort is fun as well (50 minutes drive from red pines condo). this one is located in high altitude as well but is much more family oriented, more easier runs than both resorts described before. It`s a smaller mountain, but offers some quite good blue runs and they have a lot and lot of snow out there, definitely recommended as well.
Hope this will be helpful for others.
Executive summary :
---- Utah is great place to Ski. ---
-----Red Pines condo is ok, not more --
- Family from Montreal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Red Pine Condominiums by All Seasons Resort Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Pine Condos At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Red Pine Condominiums By All Seasons Resort Lodging Park City, Utah