“Hard to find!” 3 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #15 of 74 things to do in Park City
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Dining, Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the restaurants, hotels, nightlife and shopping of one of America's great ski towns, Park City Mountain Resort has something for every snow enthusiast: manicured groomers, ideal learning terrain, powder-filled bowls and some of the industry's most progressive terrain parks and halfpipes.
Menifee
75 attraction reviews
“Hard to find!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I were staying in the Park Hotel Condominiums on Main Street. We decided to walk to Park City Mountain Resort on Park Ave. We didn't know how hard it would be to find. We saw no signs indicating where the resort was. We had to ask a street maintenance worker and finally he pointed the way. We stood in line for the Alpine Slide and Coaster but ultimately decided they were too expensive. It was very crowded that day and we would have had to wait in line for an hour to ride the rides. We decided to take the chair lift to the top of the mountain, hike around and take the town lift back down to Main Street. By the way, the town lift will is not part of the Park City Mountain Resort, but if you are at the top of the mountain, it will take you back down to town. The ride itself was slow but there were terrific views. It was funny to see that someone (probably the lonely, bored employees at the topmost lift stop) hung Mardi Gras beads on the treetops. There is an abandoned silver mine building that is pretty interesting.
The lift ride down was a lot quicker.

Park City, Utah
41 attraction reviews
“GREAT MOUNTAIN FOR THE FAMILY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

PCMR allow both skiers and riders so the entire family can stay together or meet for lunch. GREAT kids ski school. Food on the mountain is good and almost reasonable. You have the choice of all levels of terrain with some very high, un-groomed areas for the thrill seekers. The "normals" can find plenty of slopes to challenge them. My favorite ski area in Park City.

Visited February 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
24 attraction reviews
“Lots to do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We rode the chair lift, alpine slide, and alpine coaster. The park was crowded but the lines weren't too long. The longest we waited was 25 minutes for both the alpine slide and coaster. Very fun and my son, age 8, had no problem riding and controlling either ride.

Herriman, Utah
7 attraction reviews
“Really Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My young family stopped by to enjoy the summer activities ... and boy did we pay for them! I was charged for the Alpine Coaster though I asked for the Alpine Slide which is about half as much. I didn't notice because the lines were starting to get nuts and I couldn't understand the ticket seller through the window. The attendant at the Slide notified me of the mistake and did offer to let me and my son go on the Slide twice without waiting in line the second time. That was very thoughtful. The food was outrageously priced and I can't comment on the quality as we decided to skip it. The fair-like amusement rides cost $3 dollars per ride per person. That seemed really expensive to me, but I caved and paid for my two kids. The attendants at those rides were totally unorganized and ran only one of the three rides at a time which created issues since some of them held far fewer children than others. If you must go to Park City Mountain Resort, go early and bring plenty of cash.

Dallas, Texas
30 attraction reviews
“Plan on spending the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to the Park City Mountain Resort expecting to spend a couple of hours and wound up being there at least 5.

Our teenage sons loved the alpine coaster. It is a someone unique attraction in the US. They also made several runs on the alpine slide and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife and I also did the zip line.

They have miniature golf, which we did not try.

The staff in the park is generally friendly, although as most college kids are somewhat aloof.

Warning; you will wait in line and there is no shade in the line areas. Bring sunscreen!

There is a counter service restaurant at the base. Food is what you would expect but the service is SLOW. They do sell beer.

My recommendation is to buy the day pass and focus on the coaster, a unique attraction.