“If you are a single parent, don't ski here! Mom's beware!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Attractions in Park City
Type: Resort Communities, Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Skiing, Dining, Snowboarding, Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the restaurants, hotels, nightlife and shopping of one of America's great ski towns, Park City Mountain Resort has something for every snow enthusiast: manicured groomers, ideal learning terrain, powder-filled bowls and some of the industry's most progressive terrain parks and halfpipes.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“If you are a single parent, don't ski here! Mom's beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have to start by saying I love Park City. It's our third year in a row visiting Park City and our second visit to Park City Mountain Resort. Our first year was at Canyons. There are so many activities to choose from at PCMR and the terrain is great. My daughter is a skier and I am a snowboarder and I like how close the resort is from the airport when you are traveling with a little one. I had a very bad experience though this year. I found the lack of information from the supervisory staff at PCMR really disruptive to our vacation. First off don't fall for the first day free from the Chamber of Commerce Quick Start Program. It seems like the mountain would support it but they didn't. We travelled from Fort Lauderdale through Atlanta and arrived about thirty minutes after midnight. I thought I would be able to ski the same day I arrived. Not true. It's a total scam. Your boarding pass has to say you arrive on the same day. Even though our flight left Atlanta around 9P and we got in past midnight the PCMR ticket office said no way, you can't ski for free today on the day of your arrival. I had all the right paperwork and the boarding pass too. Technically a boarding pass won't print your arrival time on it, just your departure time. Scam. PCMR just blamed it on the Chamber and they couldn't have been less helpful. The second issue was the lack of information in the rental line for my daughter. We barely made it through and we arrived an hour early. It wasn't even that busy but the attendants wouldn't tell us where to go and in which line to stand. They actually gave my daughter boots with old stinky warmers attached on the inside and they were indignant when she said the boots didn't fit her and they hurt. I had to figure out they weren't cleaned out and we were trying to push her feet into boots with the old warmers in them. I finally got her to ski school. The one bright spot of ski school this year was her instructor for the first two days, Micheal Ettinger. He was great!!!! A superb instructor and she loved him. We had him for two days. After taking one day off to ski with me, we requested him again. I was rushed through that day and was told no, we couldn't have Michael. My daughter had a girl named Jill for that day. She told me later she was mean and she did not want to go back to ski school again. My daughter was at PCMR ski school last year with no problems and her experience with this instructor named Jill this year was really disappointing. I don't know if she will ever want to go back. I also had lots of problems with communication too that cost us time and money. After my daughter's second day of ski school I informed her instructor that she would be taking one day off. He told me to tell the supervisors in the grey coats. I did. They said that was all I had to do. Well, it never got passed along because I had to stand wait while the ticket office attendant told me she was signed up the day prior. When I explained the situation and said who I talked to I still had to wait at the window for over 30 minutes while they sorted it out. Although I love the terrain on this mountain I would probably never go back to PCMR. They just make it so hard for a single mom. You kind of need another adult to get you through all the lines and to divide and conquer. It's a shame because you would think they might be more helpful when it's a single parent, but other than our one instructor I found the supervisors extremely unhelpful. Next year, back to Canyons, where customer service is key and they don't scam you on the ski free your first day.

Rockville, Maryland, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun for all levels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Loved our trip to Park City resort. They offered a "free ski" voucher online for the day of your arrival. We took full advantage of that and enjoyed getting to know the mountain (for free) so that our next full day of skiing was great. We knew just where we wanted to ski. Plenty of green runs for the novice skier and good challenging blue runs for the intermediate skier.

cleveland,oh
4 attraction reviews
“Had a Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time skiing at PC. Loved the fact that you can ski into town and have lunch, then take the Town Lift back out skiing. We also like the nice selection of places to eat and drink at the resort. We were there on a Sat. and yes it was a little crowded, but never had to wait to long for a lift. Went back on Tues and it was perfect. Can't wait to return.

“We love the West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is not the first time we have been to Park City and it will not be the last. Love the mountains, shopping, dining, skiing and the resorts.
If you don't want to do down hill there's plenty to do. Snow shoeing, cross country skiing, ice skating sledding. And those beautiful blue skies are breathtaking.

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Super Nice Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Park City is a class act, has all different terrain from beginner to expert. The green Trails will keep the Beginner busy all day.