“Make sure you book with "Park City Ski Places"” 5 of 5 stars

You added Crestview Condominiums to your Saves list
Crestview Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6713 North 2200 West, Park City, UT 84098   |
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
“Make sure you book with "Park City Ski Places"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I think some of the reviews for "Crestview Condominiums" are giving Park City Ski Places a bad rap. As with many condos, owners hire an agency/management company to rent and maintain their condo when they are not in residence -- so the individual Crestview condos have many owners, many agencies, and Park City Ski Places only manage the units they manage -- but might be getting some of the blame for bad experiences in Crestview units they don’t manage.

One thing I really liked about my experience with Park City Ski Places was having the keys mailed directly to me in advance. The other condos I've rented have had various ways to obtain the keys, some of them so inconvenient and complicated it was ridiculous. Late arrivals were either impossible or a nightmare. One time I had a condo where the lock was broken and the key would not open it – I won't bore you with the whole saga of this experience, but let's just say it was a nightmare. With Park City Ski Places, I had the keys in advance so no worries there, I was able to drive directly to the unit and let myself in. They provided a self-addressed, stamped, padded envelope to mail they keys back once I got home from my trip – no weird key drop-off instructions where you have to drive all over Park City to return the keys.

I will say that there was a miscommunication between management and cleaning staff – when I arrived, the condo I booked had not been cleaned. I called and left a voicemail, and I got a return call within 2 minutes. "Stu" at Park City Ski Places was wonderful and handled the situation in a professional manner to my full satisfaction -- they moved me to a different unit, which was an upgrade. Like a restaurant which treats you like royalty when they screw up your meal, hoping you realize it’s an anomaly and will return in spite of it, Park City Ski Places took care of their mistake with minimum fuss and made sure I was as comfortable as possible.

The Crestview complex is 5-7 minutes (by car) outside of Park City, so if you want somewhere right in the middle of things, this is not the place for you. However, it is right next to the Tanger Outlet Mall, if you're a shopper. I hear there is a free shuttle to the ski resorts, and I saw those shuttle stops right outside the condo.

There is a walk/run/bike path that goes through Park City (and beyond -- it's 25 miles long) and this path runs right in front of the Crestview Condos -- LOVE that.

I am definitely booking with Park City Ski Places the next time I stay in Park City (3-4 times a year). Go directly to their website www.parkcityskiplaces.com rather than through an intermediary – don’t take the chance that you may get a unit in the Crestview complex which is NOT managed by Park City Ski Places, because that would be risky based on some of the reviews I'm seeing.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spanish Fork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed at the Park City Ski Place for our yearly Sister Trip. What a great place. Very clean and neat! Within walking distance to the Outlet Mall. Wonderful underground parking with remote control entry/exit.
Owner was wonderful to work with! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Sun Lakes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We rented unit B308 from Park City Ski Places for the months of August and September. The owner, Stu Miller, was absolutely great; very easy to work with and very accomodating. The unit was completely furnished with all the amenities including silverware, dishes for 14, pots and pans, appliances, 3 tvs, cd player, x-box, high speed internet, barbeque grill on patio, extra towels and bedding, extra storage and locked underground parking. It was better than advertised. Very roomy with three nice bathrooms and a loft which slept 4 with their own bathroom. We have already rented for a month again next year. Can't wait to return to Crestview Condos and Park City.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I booked this condo about a month and a half before my trip. The Condo owner was very helpful and courteous. The condo was B308 from Park City Ski Places and it has every amenity you would need. The weather was perfect, the condo was great and a good time was had by all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed at this condo in September and loved it. It was nicely furnished and had plenty of room for myself, my husband our young son and my inlaws. The condo was at the base of the mountain and you could see the Olympic ski jump from the back deck. The leaves were changing and the weather was perfect. It had a nice fireplace for the chilly nights and a heated pool and hottub that we enjoyed using. It was very convenient to shopping and restaurants and Stuart the owner provided a crib and highchair for us to use while we were there. It was a great stay, we will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Burley, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Just spent the weekend at Crestview Condos, B303. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The condo was spacious, clean, quiet and had a beautiful view of the mountains. We were close to food and shopping. Thank you, Park City Ski Places, the stay and service was excellent!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We chose Crestview because it offered a short, convenient commute to both Salt Lake and Historic Park City. It was also a convenient base for visiting Heber, Provo and the Uintas. The condo itself had a grill on the deck, a well-equipped kitchen and, weird though it may be to say so, a really comfortable bed. Everything was in good working order and easy to find. The condo has a loft and so there was an open, spacious feel to the main living area. It was easy to go for walks as there was surfaced sidewalk in both directions away from the complex. Our unit was on the "back side" of its building, which gave us a lovely, unobstructed view into a meadow with mountains in the badckground (no buildings in the sight lines). Being on the "back side" also provided a buffer from I-80 freeway noise, so the unit was very quiet. Grounds, garage and parking lots were clean and well-maintained. We'd definitely use it again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Crestview Condominiums? Share your experiences!