“Not a Luxury Spa Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 76 Activities in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Indulge, relax and rejuvenate with a visit to Serenity Spa at Westgate Resort in beautiful Park City, Utah. This world class facility is a full-service mountain retreat day spa offering a range of spa services that are for everyone! At Serenity Spa our treatments have been designed to instill deep, soulful relaxation. Whether you are an athlete looking for recovery, a couple on a special getaway or just simply want to treat yourself we can create the experience for you. Our full menu of unique spa experiences offers something for everyone. New for 2012 Park City’s premier Hot Yoga program…open to the local community.
Chicago
“Not a Luxury Spa Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was disappointed in my massage service at Serenity Spa by Westgate. I chose to go to this luxury spa to get pampered for a special occasion. If Serenity Spa was an average place, I would be satisfied with my average experience. But they are a luxury spa charging luxury prices, and did not meet my expectations.

Our masseuses were Britni and Rebecca. The one with the dark hair was great, the one with the blonde hair was not.

1. I made an appointment for a couples massage for me and my husband. I wanted the hot stone massage, and he wanted a regular massage. Whoever made the appointment got the services swapped, so when we showed up the hot stone masseuse (blonde) planned to give it to my husband. I explained there must be a mix-up because I wanted the hot stone, and he didn't. The hot stone masseuse was very ticked off by this. I felt this started the whole experience off on a sour note.

2. So now that the (blonde) hot stone masseuse was about to get started on me, she asked if there were any areas in particular I wanted her to work on. I get massages pretty regularly so am used to getting this question. I said "Yes, my neck and my hands especially because I'm on the computer all day" She barely spent any time on either. Seriously, she spent less than one minute on each hand. Why did she even ask me? It still makes me mad thinking about it right now!

I do have to say the resort was a beautiful place, and I appreciated the calm and plush spa area, locker room, and waiting lounge. I also appreciated that someone from the front desk walked us all the way to the spa because it's hard to find. My husband and I live in Chicago so it was also nice to be in the mountains. I only wish the spa service lived up to the surroundings. The masseuses gave me a Trip Advisor card after the massage and asked that I write a review if I wanted to. I had originally decided not to write a review on Trip Advisor because it would be mostly negative, and I really hope my experience with the blonde hot stone masseuse was an isolated incident that doesn't reflect on the entire resort. That being said, I felt it important that the spa know I had a bad experience - so I tried to send an email to the address that confirmed the appointment and the address that thanked me for coming, but that address does not accept incoming emails and there are no other emails to directly communicate with the spa. So I ended up writing a review on Trip Advisor afterall....

Visited January 2013
Michelle H, Manager at Serenity Spa by Westgate, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I was dissapointed to read about your experience. As a team we strive to make every guest experience "wow" and I apologize that this was not your experience. Please contact me directly at the spa so we can further discuss your experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make the situation right.
Michelle Howard Spa Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We just recently went out to Park City to ski and stayed at the Westgate. We had a small issue with the hotel and they made us late for our appointments at the spa. The ladies who work the desk were nothing but friendly and supportive and made sure we were taken care of the right way. We ended up spending most of the morning there and the services were great and relaxing. The spa is beautiful with a ton of amenities. We ended up using them the next day when we were leaving to hold on to our stuff and use the spa showers before our late flight. I can not express how friendly everyone who works there was. It made our trip!

Visited January 2013
“Luxurious and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Serenity Spa feels like an oasis in the mountains. It's calming and peaceful from the moment you step through the doors. I received a body scrub and massage, which felt amazing! I recommend serenity spa to anyway who needs a relaxing time.

West Jordan, UT
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The staff and massage therapists especially Aubrey are phenominal. I have never walked away from a massage floating on clouds before. I would go back in a heart beat. Aubrey was able to get alot of tension and knots out of my back. Thank you So much!!!!

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Total Bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Aubrey and Alisa were wonderful and my facial and body massage was a good option while my husband and daughter skiied. The massage beds not only conform to your body, but they are heated. My daughter kept complimenting me on the glow of my skin afterwards and I think it was partially due to do with feeling so relaxed. The shower stalls need some attention - this was the last place I'd expect to find a blob of hair in the drain.Otherwise for cleanliness and ambience it would have received a perfect score from me.

Visited December 2012