“Great Hotel Bad Design” 4 of 5 stars

15% off Room Rate
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Park City
“Great Hotel Bad Design”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Right when we walked in everyone was so warm and inviting. Questions were answered and off we were sent to park. Holy smokes. That parking garage was a nightmare. We drive a Honda Civic which is a small car and we had trouble parking it because the spaces were so tight.

The layout of the hotel is super confusing. We finally had to get someone who worked there to help us find the game room. Be prepared to walk a lot because you'll constantly be lost!

Aside from those things we had a lovely stay and really enjoyed Drafts Sports Bar. The food was delicious and we're already planning our next stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Salt Lake City, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a frustrating place to stay. When we first checked in, they wrote the wrong room number on our check-in material. They warned us about parking in the closest garage, but we parked there anyway. We have a Honda Pilot, and I had to get out of the car and direct my husband out of the parking spot it was so tight, they weren't kidding. The only way to our room from that garage was up a flight of stairs. Then while our room was directly above us, we had to walk down a long hallway to another building, schlepping our luggage, up the elevator and back down the long hallway. Well of course our room keys didn't work because they told us the wrong room. While waiting for the engineer to fix the key situation, another family used their key and got into that room, which was when I realized that we had been told the wrong room. Another call to the very far away lobby and the woman on the phone couldn't understand the problem. The engineer called the manager and we figured out that I had the same room on another floor, one digit was off. Hauled the luggage upstairs.

Lovely and spacious and beautiful room. Dirty diapers from someone else left on the balcony. We asked to have those removed, they never came to get them.

Key didn't work in the parking garage, had to walk out in the rain to get new ones. Accused of demagnetizing them. But no, kept them very separate in my purse, in their own pocket.

Parked in the farther parking garage, what a haul to get to our room! Glad we had no kids or ski gear to carry. Decided to go for a swim. Down the very long hallway to the elevator, down to the 4th floor. Walked a very long way to another set of elevators up to the 5th floor. (We were on the 5th floor to start, you can't just walk there, you have to take the 2 elevators). Walked a very long way. Saw lots of parents carrying tired toddlers and I hoped they'd make it back to their rooms before their arms gave out.

Pool was beautiful and we loved sitting outside in the light rain, at night in the hot tub.

Poor night of sleep as the mattress was very hard, and the pillows were not so comfortable. Should have brought my own pillow. I don't usually have trouble with mattresses or pillows when I travel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hyrum, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I decided to stay here because it was reasonably priced and had great views. The have free valet parking, big rooms, adult swimming pool with hot tub, steam room and sauna.
If you stay during the middle of the week, be aware that the restaurants and market store are closed until Thursday through Sunday.
The staff was very helpful and the rooms were very nice.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beautiful resort with nicely appointed suites. Beginning at the Lobby, the service is exceptional. Facilities are kept very clean. Wonderful gym and adult relaxation pool as well as different pools and jacuzzis for the whole family. Enjoyed the game room, playing ping pong with the family and relaxing in a beautiful setting. Will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: For a family, upgrading to a suite is optimal.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Love this hotel! Especially the spa, which has many five star amenities. They had some great spa deals going on that made it a really good value. Service from everyone was personalized and superb.

Yes, the hotel is quite a maze, but what do you expect when you carve a hotel out of the side of a mountain. If you get lost, you can easily find an employee who will give you directions.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Westgate is a very sleek shiny place. We got an affordable deal during "mud season" in Park City. There were only two things that disappointed me about our stay:

1.) We came having a reservation for the luxury suite. My father had made the reservation (and we read it before coming in) but for some reason the attendant still thought we would be fooled if he told us that we had been booked for the standard suite, but because we were a honeymoon couple he would be able to upgrade us to the luxury suite. A boldface lie.

2.) When we got to our suite, we used our card key (which worked) to get in, and found that people were already staying in our assigned suite. We immediately left, and waited in the hallway for 10 minutes while the attendant reassigned us to a different luxury suite on a different floor. It was a minor hiccup, but very unprofessional that we had to stumble into somebody else's room.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had big expectations for this resort as a luxury resort, but it really can't be described as luxury. The service is friendly, but not helpful, rooms are small and need cleaning up. Hotel layout is confusing.

When I checked in with my son I asked the concierge for activities in the area - he handed me a bunch of brochures and sent me on my way. And, every time I called the front desk or the concierge, they gave me other numbers to call and couldn't wait to get me off the phone. They did it in a friendly way, but not helpful at all.

I was unpleasantly surprised that the room was so small. It was advertised as a King Suite, when it was really a king bed with an efficiency unit. Even thought the hotel was only 67% full, they would not upgrade me to a larger room unless I paid an extra $100 a night.

The food at the Bar/Restaurant on site was awful. Yes, I know it is bar food, but seemed like jarred spagetti sauce was just dumped over everything.

The spa was wonderful. Relaxing, great service, nice massage! It was the best part!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Park City Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!