“Fantastic Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salt Lake City
“Fantastic Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Love this hotel! Especially the spa, which has many five star amenities. They had some great spa deals going on that made it a really good value. Service from everyone was personalized and superb.

Yes, the hotel is quite a maze, but what do you expect when you carve a hotel out of the side of a mountain. If you get lost, you can easily find an employee who will give you directions.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Westgate is a very sleek shiny place. We got an affordable deal during "mud season" in Park City. There were only two things that disappointed me about our stay:

1.) We came having a reservation for the luxury suite. My father had made the reservation (and we read it before coming in) but for some reason the attendant still thought we would be fooled if he told us that we had been booked for the standard suite, but because we were a honeymoon couple he would be able to upgrade us to the luxury suite. A boldface lie.

2.) When we got to our suite, we used our card key (which worked) to get in, and found that people were already staying in our assigned suite. We immediately left, and waited in the hallway for 10 minutes while the attendant reassigned us to a different luxury suite on a different floor. It was a minor hiccup, but very unprofessional that we had to stumble into somebody else's room.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had big expectations for this resort as a luxury resort, but it really can't be described as luxury. The service is friendly, but not helpful, rooms are small and need cleaning up. Hotel layout is confusing.

When I checked in with my son I asked the concierge for activities in the area - he handed me a bunch of brochures and sent me on my way. And, every time I called the front desk or the concierge, they gave me other numbers to call and couldn't wait to get me off the phone. They did it in a friendly way, but not helpful at all.

I was unpleasantly surprised that the room was so small. It was advertised as a King Suite, when it was really a king bed with an efficiency unit. Even thought the hotel was only 67% full, they would not upgrade me to a larger room unless I paid an extra $100 a night.

The food at the Bar/Restaurant on site was awful. Yes, I know it is bar food, but seemed like jarred spagetti sauce was just dumped over everything.

The spa was wonderful. Relaxing, great service, nice massage! It was the best part!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Nice property! My friend girl and I lodged here for our ski trip! The drive in from Salt Lake City is reasonable and provided some nice views. This property is ski in/ski out! Fair priced; stores and restaurants onsite as well! There's a shuttle service you can catch into town free of charge. I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I feel that the customer service has improved immensely over the last couple of years at the
Westgate resort. Employees are more customer service orientated than I feel they were 3-5 years ago. We stay at the resort probably on average 3 times a year.
I want to specifically point out how amazing Carmen Moreno is in the Activities Area. My kids look forward to seeing her and hope that she is still be there the next time we come and stay. She is friendly and helpful and always goes the extra mile to make the kids' experience a good one. I also love this last time how she offered cups of ice and water while at the pool...it was a nice touch.
She defiantly deserves recognition for being an employee that makes guests want to return.
Thank you!
Mistie Scott

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Coalville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Husband and I stayed at Westgate for a weekend honeymoon. We had a wonderful time! The staff was great. Everyone we saw had a smile on their face and was ready and willing to help with whatever we needed. Christine Hull took care of us at the front desk; she was very friendly and had a smile on her face the whole time.

Lunch at Drafts (Sports Bar) was delicious, I wish I could remember the name of the waitress we had because she was amazing. Friendly, fast had she has us laughing. The food was also very good.

After lunch at Drafts we were looking for the market and ran into Bobby Perkins, who then escorted us to the market and made sure we were taken care of. He was extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. What a great experience we had with the staff at Westgate Park City. Everyone we ran into was eager and willing to help with a smile on their face.
We had fun acting like kids in the arcade they have there on sight then went to the indoor/outdoor pool area and played connect4 and laughed. The environment at Westgate was perfect. It was relaxing and I wish that we had had more time there.
We had such a good time at Drafts for lunch we decided to return for afternoon drinks. There we meet and had great conversation with Drafts GM and the GM of Westgate Park city. Both very friendly and I am sure a pleasure to work for.

I would recommend this resort to anyone. My husband and I had a blast just the two of us but look forward to bring our kid on future visits.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

2nd time here.
Great place and very convient to skiing and dining!
The unit is idea for two couples with the two master bedroom and beautiful joint living area.
One of the other great things about westgste/park city is you are only 40 minutes from the airport in SLC.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for returning and providing us with your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed our convenient location along with our bedrooms. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Idalise

Been to Westgate Park City Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!