We own a timeshare at this resort every other year, but we come to Park City every year to ski because of the proximity of 7 world class resorts.
The Westgate has upgraded the furniture in the last couple of years though the quality is not quite up to the standard of the originals at least the look is a bit more modern.
The housekeeping was not good this year, they came at 3pm one day 10am the next, then we had to tel the front desk the next day that it was 8pm and they had still not come, and on the last day they did not come at all. The kitchen did not have a spatula nor a tea pot and if you going to be doing a lot of cooking you will have to purchase all your own condiments etc; Having said all that if you ask you shall receive, I asked for more coffee and it was replenished every day, we did complain about housekeeping and the lack of a bell man at 2am when we arrived and the resort staff went out of there way to try and make up for that. They left us a very nice cheese platter one day and left several phone messages to apologize.
Each year the sales team tries to up sell us into a larger 2 bedroom or an extra week but we got a good price and there are only two of us and one luxury vacation every two years is fine. if you are going to ski/ride the Canyons every day it is great, they do have free transportation to Park City Mountain resort and also to Deer Valley. The 35 mile trip to Alta/Snowbird or Brighton/Solitude is well worth renting a car for the week or taking a $69 bus ride that the concierge will set you up with.
At the Westgate they carry your skis to the gondola and back, it is a short walk (2mins max) so not quite ski in ski out but almost.
The base of the Canyons has grown over the last 10 years we have been going there and there are a few stores and a few places to eat. During the week we were there I thought there might be more entertainment at the Umbrella bar, since it was 60 degrees the snow was melting and the bare stage was begging for a band - but it was only on our travel day Saturday. Maybe now that Vail Resorts has taken over they eventually get more entertainment going, but at first it seems they are spending their time saving money by taking away many of the discounts we used to be able to get and putting that money into connecting the resorts PC and Canyons.The plans look good but I can't help but feel that the prices are just going to keep skyrocketing, skiing has never been a cheap sport, I fear it is becoming exclusive.
The rooms are great, the pool is awesome, out door hot tubs great, decent gym and some really nice people running the place. Coffee shop in the lobby looked good but I didn't use it, did not eat at the Edge restaurant but heard good reviews, ate at Drafts a few times and it was very nice, a bit loud but then again it is a sports bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio Villas to Luxury and Signature Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah