“Conundrum - some good and some not so good” 3 of 5 stars

15% off Room Rate
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Conundrum - some good and some not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location for skiing and the services provided for skiing - boot lockers , transport of skis to and from the slopes , buying of lift tickets for Canyons/Park City and Deer Valley are all very good . Provision of free shuttle to and from the ski areas and into Park City and the nearby malls is efficient with young helpful drivers .
The issue is the building(s) themselves and the decor . This is not an old construction but , as other reviewers have mentioned , you do clock up some mileage walking the corridors getting between the differently named "lodges" and where you need to get to - reception , ski services , pool etc. . This heavy traffic in the corridors has made them very shabby with many marks on the walls and doors along the corridors . Maybe it's me but I find the decor of the rooms very dark and old fashioned and every time we have stayed , there has always been some technical problem in the room - shower , safe or lighting . Most annoying I found was that the room cleaning service did not take place until late in the afternoon - after we had returned from a day's skiing and wanted to soak ourselves and relax . This needs to be changed .

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Maynard, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Love this hotel - I would stay here again if I visit Canyon resort. Superior service, even the staff walking down the hall will give a friendly greeting, offer to provide direction (various wings of the hotel are connected on different levels so it can take a bit of getting used to)
They have a skier room- you can leave your boots at the end of the day and they will dry them and put them in your locker -it is nice to leave stuff so close to the exit to slopes (not as hot walking through the hotel), a ski room also and a place on the slopes to check your skis - and they will deliver the skis to the slopes.
3 large outdoor hottubs - fanastic.
Our first day their the cleaning staff never made it to our room before we were back and occupying it so I had requested someone come up and empty trash and they were quick to respond.
I think we had the Signature one bedroom - nice and spacious!
On check in they gave us cookies - it was a bit odd at check in -first go to front desk, then they said to Guest Services with a 'welcome packet' which was mainly papers explain phone numbers - they went over - I can see it can help with check in not having the front desk do all of it.
Handy concierge to take up our bags!
If you have kids there is quite a bit to keep you happy!
And a Spa even- had a nice pedicure and a hot stone massage - will provide a review on that also.

It is a tiny walk to the slopes, that is, you don't walk out your door and walk a few feet - but still it is a short walk.
Excellent - I will keep my eye out for Westgate in the future.

Room Tip: Also free parking in the underground garage - be sure to drive up the garage as different levels can...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just returned for 7 days at Canyons where we stayed at the Westgate the entire time. Full disclosure that we rented our condo through VBRO and not the Westgate itself. This review is for the location and amenities only, not the room.

Pros:
1. Location - right at the base of the gondola. Perfect for those who have kids in ski school.
2. Skier Valet - takes your skis to and from base of gondola and will even dry the boots overnight
3. Locker room - same locker for the duration of stay, really nice lockers to put your boots in, if you send to drying they put them back in the lockers for you. So nice to not have to walk around in ski boots.
4. Wi-Fi - was free, but you could totally tell when it was time to shut down the lifts because the speed dropped noticeably.
5. Pool - my kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool, it just wasn't as warm as I expected it to be.

Cons:
1. Being accosted and pressured to listen to a buy in presentation immediately upon check in. I was given my room key, but not a map to the resort, handed off to a guy in a suit, who took me to the sales desk where they tried to pressure me into going and listening to their speech on buying into the timeshares they offer. They did offer over $200 in resort credit for coming, but told me that I was only eligible to attend the 1st night I arrived. After an hour delay on my flights, two hungry kids, all I wanted was my room key and a map to my room. I did not take a "special resort rate", nor was it ever conveyed to me that I would even be asked to listen to a presentation. I did not appreciate this at all.
2. Having to go in person to skier services on 6th floor to get skis delivered to gondola when skier locker room is on 4th floor.
3. Not having any sanitizer to spray down equipment in work out room. This just really grossed me out.
4. This place is a maze and the buildings are only connected on certain floors. It took a good 2 days to figure out how to navigate the building.
5. Check out - seemed early at 10 am. I wish it would have been a little later.

All in all, this was a nice place and the pros by far outweighed the cons. I would definitely stay here again and knowing that they are going to do the hard sell upon check in, I would just head them off at the pass to get my room key and go.

Katy, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nothing remarkable about this location in relationship to the price we paid. The facility was laid out in a very convoluted fashion. The amenities were all over the place - down long corridors. Getting to them made me feel like we were walking the halls of a cruise ship - so tight, narrow, no windows etc. You couldn't just take an elevator or a set of stairs to your room, you had to go a couple of floors on elevator, then get out, go down a hall and get on another one to get to your room. The decor in the room and the hallways of the facility are showing signs of aging and are the outdated, I got tired of walking down them. The room was poorly lit in the evening and received poor daylight due to window placement. Our room was not cleaned the first day and late the next day. When they cleaned they only replaced some of the bath towels and left us with no washcloths or hand towels. The kitchen setup was very nice in the room. The bed was comfortable and the bathtub was very nice.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Mt vernon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were just there for President's Week and we were not disappointed with just about anything in Park City. The service at the Westgate was just fantastic. The ski butler service was worth it alone. After spending a full day skiing, it was so great to get off the gondola and hand off our ski's to the Westgate butler service. After that, we would walk over the Umbrella Bar for a nice afternoon drink. Sitting by the fire pit and relaxing was a great way to end the day.

The car shuttle service was over the top. DO NOT RENT A CAR. I used it for: food shopping, redbox(renting a movie for my children), Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley, Park City Main Street for our off day. It was so nice just jumping in the shuttle.

We also had an issue with our dishwasher, and they had the staff to the room immediately. I mean immediately, as if they happen to be on the hall.

The rooms are great timeshare type condo's so if you are used to that you will be fine.

The pool area is great for the kids, as well as the game room.

The spa is fantastic as well. An above average hotel spa that had a lot of great amenities besides just the treatment. If you have a treatment scheduled, get there early to enjoy it all.

Park City and the Canyons were great and I cannot wait to come back.

One negative, but I wont change the rating. The restaurant Drafts at the Westgate, was kinda terrible. If you can avoid it, do so. We grabbed dinner there only because it was late and everyone was tired.

Room Tip: If you can get in the Elk Lodge you will be closer to the Ski locker and Spa.
pumpkin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Eleven of us stayed at the Westgate Resort Park City to celebrate multiple family members' birthdays. The group included grand parents, children and grand children. The hotel staff were all very helpful and accommodating. There were lots of wonderful amenities....spa, kid's club, indoor/outdoor pool, adult pool and hot tub, well equipped fitness center, free shuttle that took us all around the three ski areas and shopping and a little food and beverage market on site. The skiers appreciated the Ski services and having their gear dropped off at the gondola for them. The Canyons gondola was conveniently located right behind the hotel. We had three rooms and had requested to be on the same floor, but unfortunately we were not even in the same building which made it inconvenient to use our larger one bedroom villa to gather in. It was quite a trek for the kids and grand kids to get to our room. We did have a glitch with the Kids Club not feeding two of our four grand children while they were staying at Kid's Club during the dinner hour.so it was nine pm before the three year old and five year old had any dinner...Kids Club forgot to ask the parents whether they wanted the kids to eat, and also failed to call the parents phone to ask either....so two of the cousins watched their other two cousins eat pizza but got none themselves! Management did apologize and give us a credit. The resort is quite large and housed in different buildings. It took us a few days to find our way around, esp. getting between our One Bedroom Villa in Moose Building to the kid's signature suites in Bear Building. The parking is free, but the parking garage is very narrow and it is sometimes difficult to find a spot to park in. The lobby coffee bar was wonderful, as well as the concierge services and bell / transportation desk. Our only other complaint was that the food at the casual restaurant at the resort (Daily Sports Bar) was very bad! They could definitely use a decent family friendly deli . Overall, we had a great time and would definitely recommend this resort. Great location, well equipped kitchen, oh,... and house keeping was awesome! The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, especially Kevin, the director of the front office!

Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Westgate Park City Resort. We had a very nice time there. Pluses were the staff, the shuttle service, the pool, the yoga studio and condition of the rooms. Nice coffee shop in the lobby. Minuses were the maze of getting around and the fact that you have to go to the skier services in person to have your skis delivered to the gondola or the shuttle. Would have to try the Canyons again with more snow. We found better skiing at Park City and Deer Valley which required a shuttle.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Park City Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!