“Very cramped for the price” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Park City
WYOMING
“Very cramped for the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am not impressed with this property due to the horribly cramped rooms. Check-in and the staff were fine, but when I unlocked the door and entered the room, I was shocked to see how cramped it was and how poorly it was laid out. The bathroom is placed oddly between the tiny kitchenette and the bedroom. When the sofa bed is pulled out you have to crawl over it to access the door! The two TVs were tiny and the TV was NOT in HD.

The are much better options for less money in Park City.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lahaina, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had an exchange thru Interval International for a studio and I asked if we could be upgraded to a one bedroom as the studio is very confining with no widow in the living area. Sales management said they were too full and we decided to "grin and bare it" and quit asking to be moved. Than I met Kevin from guest services and good things happened! We were moved to a beautiful spacious one bedroom and our vacation changed dramatically. The shower had a steam option that I used at every opportunity, the living area was large enough to entertain in (my sister and family live in Salt Lake and came for dinner) and the bedroom had a two person Jaccuzi in the room!

Room Tip: If you have an option stay out of the studio.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
We appreciate and value your feedback. Please keep in mind that upgrades are generally based upon availability and prices may be subject to change. None the less, it’s so great to hear our staff from guest services was able to upgrade you to another unit. Our staff always strives to deliver exceptional hospitality and offer quality accommodations to each guest that stays with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Idalise
Herriman, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Upon checkin, I got my key from the front desk. Then i was told to go to the bell desk to get directions to my room and directions to parking. I then had to go to a third desk to get my "welcome packet" which was just coupons and junk mail. The property is a maze. Everything starts on the second floor, then you go to the fifth floor to walk further down the halls to get to my room. The room was nice. There is a sofa immediately inside of the room. In front of the sofa are two round ottoman's. They are very sturdy and heavy. When you walk into the room in the dark, they meet your shins perfectly. The bed is comfortable. I slept well while i was there. The drawback is that the unreliable air conditioner is in the bedroom and does not heat or cool the living area. I was with a group that had rooms in various parts of the hotel, and they all had the same characteristics.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Westgate Park City Resort on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to read that you stay was a less than perfect one and apologize for the issues you experienced. Did you advise the front desk of the issues you were having with the air conditioner? We ask because our staff is there to assist, repair, and do anything they can to make sure your stay at Westgate is an enjoyable one. We do hope that the issues experienced will not prevent you from visiting our resorts in the future.

Anja
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Having visited and stayed at various mountain resort properties around North America, I was pretty underwelmed by the Westgate Resort in Park City. The primary selling point for the property is its proximity to the lifts at The Canyons. However for me, whatever slopeside access the resort offers is mitigated by the sheer complexity required to navigate around the hotel itself.

There are four named lodges to the resort. Traveling between the lobby and these lodges usually requires multiple flights of stairs (the Bear Lodge where I stayed only had one elevator at the far end of the lodge), an outdoor bridge, and then another elevator. Similarly, a trip to either Drafts pub or Edge steakhouse (the only two restaurants on the property) requires navigating more stairs, elevators, twisting corridors, etc. It's tolerable in street clothes, however I would be loathe to have to do this everyday in ski boots.

I stayed in a one bedroom unit in the Bear Lodge. I found the layout of the unit itself was distracting - the awkward angles used to facilitate the bathroom made the whole unit feel somewhat claustrophobic for me. Hardly any natural light made it into the front half of the unit. The sitting area was also dominated by two footstools that must have weighed 50 lbs each. Very odd! The bathroom was a bit cramped and water pressure was low as well.

On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable with ample pillows and fantastic linens. The unit was well appointed with dishware and utensils - though with only a two burner stove, microwave and no prep area, I don't think anyone would be cooking here.

I ate two meals at Drafts pub. The food was ok. I was underwhelmed by the hamburger, but the pizzas were good. Prices were good as well. I did not eat at The Edge restaurant, however the menu looked pretty good.

The hotel staff were very nice.

While I can't say that my stay at the Westgate was unenjoyable, I will tell you that I greatly preferred my previous two visits at the Silverado Lodge, which is located right next door.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you found our resort to be conveniently located close to all the area attractions. We’re sorry to hear you were not pleased with your unit during your most recent visit. Our Front Desk staff would be more than happy to assist you with moving to another unit if available. We appreciate your comments and concerns and will pass along this information to our resort management team; as this lets us know what areas we can improve. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I spent an amazing week at the Westgate Resort and Spa, Park City and thoroughly enjoyed myself and the resort. The staff were great and responded very quickly to the requests of me and my friends. Josh and David (at the front desk) and Anthony (concierge) went above and beyond with their service. There was a shuttle that would take you to and from anywhere in Park City. The driver was courteous and they responded quickly

Dawn in the spa gave me an amazing facial which lived up to the name of "Glo". She also remembered me when I saw her in the hallway. Whenever you go to the spa, request Dawn and l promise you will not live to regret it.

All of the staff made me feel like a prodigal family member being welcomed back after being gone.

The room itself was great with a whirlpool tub in the bedroom, a balcony with a spectacular view worth waking up early on vacation. It was close to everything and there were plenty of activities to do even though it wasn't winter.

I wish I could live at the Westgate and plan to return every year for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Try and get the Elk Lodge on an upper level.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so excited to know that you had a great time during your stay at the Westgate Park City Resort and Spa. It is also rewarding to hear that our staff was more than friendly and accommodating to you. Dawn in the Spa clearly knows that we strive in costumer’s satisfaction and it’s great to know she was more than courteous. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy our resort amenities. We will see you again soon!

Allie
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I spent two weeks at a condo in the Westgate complex in Park City. We were escaping the heat in Phoenix. The condo was 770 square feet with one bedroom, a large bathroom, modern kitchen, well furnished living room and a balconey overlooking a small pool. Because we came in July, the price was right. Westgate has a tennis court, basketball court, work-out room, and large heated pool. Two restaurants are part of Westgate - one an excellent steak house and one a pub. The pub had tasty pizzas and many beers.
Walk out of your condo and you are in the midst of gorgeous scenery and chair lifts for winter skiers. We were so happy we spent our vacation time at Westgate, which is just a few miles from downtown Park City.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. At our Westgate Park City Resort and Spa our costumer’s satisfaction is our top priority. It is gratifying to hear that our resort exceeded your expectations from the room accommodations to all the great amenities this property has to offer. We hope to host you as our guest again soon!

Allie.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just returned from a 3 night stay at Westgate. Our whole team stayed there. I had Jamie Zellermayer as our small group sales person. (I'm the team manager who planned our stay there.) She was so super sweet, accommodating, etc.... She went above and beyond with her exceptional customer service. Aside from the awesome customer service from Jamie and all of the staff, we LOVED this resort! The beds and pillows were super comfy...Better than my own bed/pillows. The resort is super fun for kids.....Game room, indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs, ping-pong, etc...We stayed in the 1 bedroom unit, which was perfect for our family. It was so cozy and nice. The location is awesome.I'm looking forward to staying there again next September when we return for our soccer games. Enjoy your stay there! :)) You'll love it!

Room Tip: Stay in the Elk Lodge on the 9th (top) floor with a view of the mountains. The room was very quiet a...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort. I'm ecstatic that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable. We strive to create a relaxing environment for all of our guests. As a Resort we pride ourselves on Customer Service as well as great accommodations and it is good to hear that this was recognized. We offer so much for t family’s to enjoy from our pools to our activities, and let’s not forget our great location. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Ray

Been to Westgate Park City Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!