For our 22nd wedding anniversary we booked a weekend stay at the Westgate Resort in Park City. We were told that it was a new five-star resort with exceptional service and facilities. My initial booking on the phone took much longer than expected. I was quoted one price and then 20 minutes later was told that the price originally quoted was now not available in the dates that we chose. I would've been fine with the price if that was the original quote however I felt frustrated with the change. Overall the booking process was frustrating. It took two callbacks and over 30 minutes.
When we arrived at the resort we were not greeted by any personnel. The bell desk did not offer to help us with our luggage nor our mountain bikes. When we checked in the front desk was unable to answer our questions and try to check us in under a different person. We had several questions about the resort presentation that we needed to attend. No one knew the answer to our question. We were asked to call a number Saturday morning at 8 o'clock to find out exactly what time we needed to be to the resort presentation. It was a joke trying to find a room. We were not offered a cart for our luggage and I found the hotel to be a menagerie of hallways. We finally found our room and it was not what we booked. It was cramped and we were lucky to get our luggage through the doorway and past the couch. The room was clean and well appointed. I was disappointed that we did not get the larger room like we were told we would receive. We celebrated our anniversary at the Edge restaurant. The staff there was phenomenal. When we arrived they asked if we were celebrating any special occasions. We told them it was our anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make it a memorable evening. They were fantastic. Five stars for the Edge restaurant and their staff. He left at the location. We were able to ride a mountain bikes out of our room into the gondola left. The hotel was fairly clean but definitely not "new" as we were told. The adult pool, spa, and sauna was well appointed and a great place to relax.
The resort presentation on Saturday morning was painful. We felt we were told that the presentation would last 90 minutes...three hours later we left feeling frustrated and not interested in purchasing a time share with them. Overall our stay was quite disappointing. We will not go back and stay there again. The customer service was nonexistent and the facility was definitely not five star. I would've put the facility at three-star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio villas to Luxury Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah