When we first arrived, we were shocked! We came to enjoy a relaxing week in the wonderful Park City environment and checked in about 11 PM. We had reserved a one bedroom villa through Interval International exchange. Instead, we received a very cramped, claustrophobic studio. There was just over one foot of space around the bed to maneuver. In order to get into the half-fridge, we had to fold the small table into the wall. Seating for the table was two padded stools that sat at the end of the couch. There was barely enough room for them to fit around the table. The flat screen television was above the sink! No room for even the trash can! It sat on top of the stool that had to be used to access high cupboards that housed the dishes. No cooktop--only a microwave. On top of that, we had to have help locating the room as there is no plaque on the door! Tile flooring between this room and the neighboring room as well as hallway made it very noisy. We could hear everything going on in both areas and considering we were right next to the Kids Room, there was a lot going on. We planned to stay a week but were ready to leave the next morning. Even the telephone was sub-quality with no indication on how to ring anyone other than the operator! Not the way to celebrate a birthday!
Luckily for us, Brandy of the concierge staff called that morning to see how our late check-in had gone and we expressed our concerns and disappointment. She made some calls and succeeded in getting us into a nice one-bedroom villa and offered a $150 gift certificate for my birthday. Only trick was we had to sit through a "90-minute" sales presentation that actually lasted 2-1/2 hours. That was the bad side--however, the upside is that if you don't go into the tiny studios, the resort is FANTASTIC! The one bedroom villa (which is what we should have been given right off) is roomy, comfortable, and very nice to look at. The absolute only problem in this unit is that one outlet in the kitchen didn't work. They immediately sent maintenance to address that. I love everything else about the resort. Marie, of the Spa, did an outstanding massage and the Spa is delightful. We are staying in Moose Lodge and it is wonderful. I anticipate thoroughly enjoying the rest of our week here!
WARNING: Unless you are an owner, Internet is pricey--$9.95/day or $39.95/week per device!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio villas to Luxury Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah