This resort is well positioned in the heart of the Canyons area at the edge of Park City, UT. It is an area more known for ski vacations as the resorts tend to be oriented to that clientele. However it is not bad for a summer trip. The Canyons area is still being developed and does not have the business amenities like clubs, shopping and attractions that can be found in the Old Town area. Therefore it is imperative to have a car so that you can get around to the surrounding areas -- unless you are willing to be restricted to more expensive resort based offerings. The nearby (2 miles) Tanger Outlet stores, movie theaters, Walmart and several good grocery stores can be reached by auto. Salt Lake City is only about 30-40 minutes away. You can easily walk to a small village business district and the ski lifts which are fun. Old Town can be reached using the resort's free shuttle. The condo we had was compact but clean and well equipped. There is limited kitchen storage some of which is high up.. Beds and other furnishings were comfortable. The 'steam' shower was an unusual additional luxury. AC worked well. The only minor issue was that the garbage bags were easy to rip - seems like the resort could spring for more robust bags. The exercise room had lots of equipment and was kept cool which is a good thing, but the resort did not provide TV to the machines that were obviously set up for that. Instead there was a weird internet set up that was a pain to operate and you could not get TV even though the on screen menus led you to believe that you could watch. The coax connections on the wall were empty so we suspect this feature was a fatality of a cost cutting initiative which seems chintzy for a high end resort. Parking was free for self parking and complimentary valet parking was available. Self parking is only allowed in one garage which may or may not be in your building. The facilities are sprawling so expect that there may be a walk to your room. The several 'lodges" or buildings are only interconnected via the 4th floor, and, then sometimes on other floors for some lodges, so navigation can be a challenge until you get your bearings. Keep the map they give you at check-in. There are multiple pools including an adults only, indoor facility with a large hot tub, steam room and sauna on the 4th floor near the exercise rooms and yoga area. The outdoor pools are at each end of the lodges so there may be one close to you. The biggest pool is indoor - outdoor. The onsite restaurants are decent. The resort spa is famous and has a comprehensive menu of services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio villas to Luxury Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah