“Cozy European-Style Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goldener Hirsch Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Goldener Hirsch Inn to your Saves list
Goldener Hirsch Inn
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7570 Royal Street East, P.O. Box 859, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Wyoming
“Cozy European-Style Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night over Labor Day weekend. The inn is decorated beautifully (even the door hinges are beautiful!). I loved the atmosphere. We had a great view of ski hills and pine trees from our balcony. Breakfast is included. However, it's only a continental breakfast in the summer. The amenities seem to be much better in the winter: hot breakfast included, complimentary shuttle to downtown Park City, and probably no fire bans restricting fireplace use.

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A quick getaway to Deer Valley was made even more wonderful by the Goldener Hirsch Inn! A beautiful hotel, with a staff who greeted us by name, every time we left and returned. The room was spacious and the bath luxurious, including a jetted tub & walk-in shower. My favorite part was sitting on the private balcony, a perfect way to begin and end the day. Thank you for your attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Delta, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Park City for a few years now to celebrate our anniversary. Every year we have stayed at the Newpark Resort and have loved it. This year I was able to snag a deal off of a local website for the Goldener Hirsch and I must say that I am very glad I did!

First and foremost this Inn is a very romantic getaway located above Park City. The ambiance was so much more inviting for a weekend like ours. The staff was helpful and attentive, with the general manager greeting us personally on our first day.

We were able to luck into a grand suite and it was awesome! Very clean room and very spacious with a personal balcony. The bed was very comfortable with the big down comforter, and the bathroom was spacious and wonderful.

We ate one night at the restaurant and the food was great. I had the halibut and my wife had the steak and we were both very pleased with our selections. The one thing is we had the asparagus appetizer and it left a little to be desired.

I will definitely try to book another stay here if we return next year, it has everything a perfect anniversary needs!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, AZ United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at this fabulous boutique hotel for the third year in a row to celebrate my birthday. Love the Bavarian vibe and the warm, friendly staff. Deer Valley has great weather late August...my favorite time of year there. The hotel, the staff, the weather...makes you want to yodel!!!

Room Tip: I am partial to floor two with a private balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Jordan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I got a Living Social deal for two nights, and what a wonderful quick getaway for us! We lucked out and got to stay in a Grand Suite. It was gorgeous. The inn is immaculately clean. The staff is courteous and helpful. Good food at the restaurant. We saved room and got the chocolate fondue for dessert. Fantastic. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My third visit to this beautiful Austrian Alpine Chalet! Exceptional world class service with impeccable attention to detail complemented by staff with superb hospitality skills. Words alone cannot describe the beauty and splendor of this wonderful mountain lodge. The restaurant offering guests a wide range of menu items, as well as intriguing wine list. Rooms offer plenty of luxury, with splendid views of the village and mountains. I am looking forward to visiting again end of August.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lake Placid, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Goldener Hirsch for ten days for my fiance's work event. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is exceptionally helpful. We had a great stay but there were a few quirks that made the stay not quite as perfect as I had hoped.

- the internet is spotty, knocks offline often, and is slow.
- the bed had a very lumpy pillow top and the down comforter was in need of replacement.
- the bathroom did not ventilate well.
- the living area of our room (202) does not have direct sunlight. It was dark in the room without lamps or the overhead light on.
- the shuttle into Park City only runs in the summer, despite what the in-room information book says.
- the "English Breakfast" was included in our hotel stay (which is awesome because normally it's $18 per person!). The breakfast is more of a continental breakfast (cereal, croissant, yogurt, and fresh fruit). The coffee was terrible but you could get a cup of tea by request. The fruit and croissants were not fresh on a few occasions.

I had a great stay here but would have enjoyed a few improvements on the list above.

Room Tip: The room sizes and bed types vary greatly. Be sure to ask the layout of each room. Some of the rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Goldener Hirsch Inn? Share your experiences!