“Exceeded ALL expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goldener Hirsch Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Goldener Hirsch Inn to your Saves list
Goldener Hirsch Inn
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7570 Royal Street East, P.O. Box 859, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. George, Utah
“Exceeded ALL expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I went to this hotel after seeing a deal on Travel Zoo to celebrate a belated first anniversary and get in a last couples vacation before I'm too uncomfortable to travel pregnant with our first child. This place is a gem! Service is unparalleled and the restaurant is divine (gourmet food, beautiful dining room, casual atmosphere - no dress code and there were families with kids). I recommend the fondue. Upon our arrival we had a personal escort to our room and an intro to the unique features and amenities. The bathroom and bathtub were just what I was looking for in a relaxing vacation. Staff made us feel comfortable and encouraged us to ask for anything we needed - not just talk, sincere. We felt like VIP's. The bed was SO comfortable. I love falling into fluffy down everything. The location is also pristine. At the base of one of Deer Valley's ski lifts we were able to enjoy a hike in the mountain the next morning and would have downhill mountain biked if I wasn't pregnant. Downtown Park City is just a few minutes away and transportation can be arranged through the hotel. We did not have A/C in our room, but we were comfortable with fans and the windows open even at the peak of summer heat. In fact, the open windows and mountain smells were refreshing. The two hot tubs (one indoor, one outdoor) and dry sauna were clean and inviting. I highly recommend this place to anyone. We will return. They go the extra step and make you feel like you deserve it.

Room Tip: All the room are great, but if you want a private balcony go for the Grand Suite or ask if another r...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

After 38 years of marriage, Judy & I decided to treat ourselves to something really special. All I did was make the reservation and show-up. The personable and attentive staff of the Four Diamond Goldener Hirsh Inn made it special. Our deluxe suite was spacious and comfortable. Our anniversary dinner was awesome. Located on a beautiful mountain top overlooking Deer Valley, UT, we were just 15 minutes from the shops and restaurants of historic Park City, UT. Give GHI General Manager, Kelley Davidison and his team the opportunity to give you the 'special treatment' you deserve.

Ogden, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is one cool place to spend your anniversary! Get room 401 and come sit in this nice suite. It is huge and romantic. My wife is sitting next to me and we are just relaxing enjoying everything. It truly feels like we are in the alps.

Everything is awesome, even are room key (you will see when you get here). This is one nice place and I am glad I found it.

I here that even Lyle Lovett has stayed in our room. It does not surprise me because they really know how to make you feel like a star. For real, the maid just came buy (why I was typing) to see if we need our ice bucket filled... this is a first at any hotel.

The beds are soft and way nice. The food is award winning. The staff makes me happy all the time and I am just as relaxed & happy as ever.

I only have one recommendation, stay for as long as you can. :)

Alta, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were treated like royalty at the Goldener Hirsch Inn. My wife had just returned from Europe so I wanted to keep the theme going with a quick, surprise getaway to Deer Valley. Doug, the Asst. General Manager, welcomed us personally and gave us the full tour of Deluxe Suite 302 (a complimentary upgrade to the room we reserved). It was wonderful - spacious bathroom, OK views, and a wonderfully comfortable bed (with Frette linens), something we have never experienced.

Breakfast the next morning was continental, and included in the price of our room (just like in Europe). We enjoyed this. We checked out soon after.

Later though, Doug reached out to advise that I had left one of my favorite shirts in the closet! He offered to personally deliver it to me in the city - that was awesome, and way above and beyond.

I would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Umknown, General Manager at Goldener Hirsch Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding you and your wife's stay with us. We are pleased to have been able to return your favorite shirt to you and we would be honored to be of service to you again in the future. We look forward to your return.

Best regards,
Kelley Davidson - General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The Goldener Hirsch Inn and Resaurant emphatically deserve the superlative ratings that they receive. It is a bit pricey, but you will leave there feeling like it was well worth the splurge. The authentic Austrian ambiance, the personal cordial attention to detail from the management and staff is exceptional. The rooms are very comfortable and cozy. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud so you can leave your sleeping pills at home. The majestic mountain surroundings provide an exhilarating retreat from the urban environment. No matter what your interests are, whether it 's winter sports, summer activities, gourmet dinning or just a quiet place to relax, read or take in the breathtaking scenery, it is the perfect get-away any season of the year. It is located a very short distance from Park City where you can find year around sports activities and extensive dinning and shopping opportunities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Goldener Hirsch Inn and sharing your experience with other travelers. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Best regards, Kelley Davidson - General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

If you have ever wanted to visit a true Alpine deluxe small hotel, with less than 20 rooms and suites you need not go further than the Goldener Hirsch Inn, located at Silver Lake Village the small mid-mountain town at Deer Valley resort in Park City, Utah.
The hotel owned is owned by a wealthy Utah family who spare little expense to make your visit memorable. Antique Alpine treasures adorn the common space such as lobby and restaurant. We have stayed at the hotel for the last half dozen years during ski season. As we also visit the Alps for a couple of weeks each summer, we know our Alpine hotels, and the Goldener Hirsch is very authentic. If they just had some Swiss cheese at the beautiful breakfast buffet I would feel truely authentic, but alas the American guests here just prefer Kellogg's corn flakes, which one also finds in the Alps.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Umknown, General Manager at Goldener Hirsch Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Thank you for your kinds words regarding your stay as our goal is to provide our Guests with the most comfortable and enjoyable stay at the Goldener Hirsch Inn. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Best regards, Kelley Davidson - General Manager
houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Charming alpine inn with European feel. Room was well laid out with nice sitting area with a fireplace and separate bed area. Location is great for skiing Deer Valley and also online short drive into Park City.

Staff is amazing. They all know your name and go out of their way to help. Made great recommendations on dining.

Could not have had a better stay! If you are looking for a great, quiet, laid back, romantic place to stay -- stay here

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Goldener Hirsch Inn? Share your experiences!