“Magnificent” 5 of 5 stars

usa
83 attraction reviews
“Magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Today I went solo. I have the privilege of living here. The EcoCenter's interior activities are good for adults (check out the counters in the bathrooms), and as a non-parent I'd say under ten. There is a rock wall which designates native species, some Q and A's and maps. For families and usually adults there are evening lectures on environmental issues and wildlife. There are also regular guided walks through the Preserve.

We live right on the Preserve. Five feet away, to be precise. Our patterns are guided by the wildlife, as the swallows just left yesterday so it's going to be an early winter. I invite Preserve photographers up on our deck to get better photos. Our favorites are the Greater Sandhill Cranes, who are about to leave for the winter but provide endless entertainment as they nest and raise their colts from April to October. We saw a pair leave the Preserve yesterday morning. My husband and I were hand in hand and they were wing to wing.

There's a trail all around the Preserve, for bikes, walking, running and in the winter, XC skis. Check out Park City and look for Newpark. If you're here, you're on the path.

Visited September 2011