“First Rate Sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Park City
“First Rate Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Don't get me wrong. I like their sweets, but I think the sandwiches are where they really shine. It's a little pricey, but worth it. The sandwiches have a variety of different bread options. I think you can tell how good a place is based on the non-flashy sandwiches, and Kneaders doesn't disappoint. The pesto grilled cheese is anything but pedestrian. My husband thought it might be too rich as a whole sandwich (we like to order two and swap halves), but cheese-lovers won't be disappointed. Not sure if the pesto is made in-house, but it tastes like it is. The chicken salad and tuna sandwiches are perfectly constructed (in my opinion); enough filling for the bread, but not too much. I've only had a couple of their soups (cream of broccoli and white bean chili), but I enjoyed both. I wouldn't say that their soups are where they particularly shine, but they hit the spot on a cold day. And the soup is very reasonably priced, with a piece of bread of your choice.

It can get a little crowded in there during regular meal times, but you can also call ahead for pick-up. If you are considering Leger's deli, I'd advise that you go here instead. Some people have commented on the service. I guess I haven't paid too much attention, actually. You order at the counter.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carlsbad, California
“thumbs up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

we ate here a couple of times because of its very convenient proximity to the stellar Newpark Resort. very good meals on offer with excellent prices. lots to choose from. maybe not a world class bakery but very good and definitely worth it. thumbs up, for sure.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Our spot every day for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Leaders was located at our hotel, the Newpark Resort, so the location was perfect. But the breakfast sandwiches were excellent! Several breads to chose from but I chose the 12 grain, hazelnut bread. SO GOOD! I'd like a loaf to take home! We also ordered the pancakes which are all you can eat. The caramel syrup was tasty but very sweet! A little goes a long way. Great looking desserts. Friendly staff! One of our favorites for the week.

Orlando, Florida
“Great afternoon pitstop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Fresh food, relaxing environment, and I loved the German chocolate brownie. Perfect place to recharge for the rest of the afternoon.

San Francisco
“Call ahead for grab-n-go if you're in a hurry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good selection of freshly prepared sandwiches on tasty breads. Great kids' meals as well. Tough to get out of here without buying at least one or two treats. Definitely a favorite for locals and excellent apres ski stop before heading home.

Visited November 2012