“Ideal place to stay for families or couples” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Oak Park, California
“Ideal place to stay for families or couples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with my young adult daughters and
We all loved it. Beautiful view of ski runs, modern well stocked kitchen comfortable beds. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. We even got a nice discount on our skis and snowboards. We flew in and felt a car was not needed. Lots of cabs readily available to take you to town for dinner. One evening we enjoyed walking to town. Great place!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I have been staying at the Marriott Mountainside for years. My parents chose to purchase a time share here because of the great convenience to the ski slopes. It truly is "ski in - ski out" and they even have a check-in for your skis. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have fun activities for kids and games and books that you can borrow while you stay there. There is a room called "The Mine" where kids can play. It's a nice change of scenery from the room if you have a little one. The facilities have been updated, and the rooms are very nice. We use our kitchen a lot, and it is well-furnished. Housekeeping has extra things that you can borrow, like an electric skillet. There is a nice parking garage if you drive yourself or have a rental car. It is conveniently located to many restaurants and shops as well as the free bus service. You would be fine to stay here without a vehicle. We have only stayed here in the winter, but I'm sure the summer is nice. My only complaints: the rooms are a little noisy if people are in the halls, and the water does not taste good for drinking. We buy gallons from the grocery store while we stay here. Lastly, the water pressure in the shower was pitiful! I would recommend this spot for others!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at MM over the President's Day Weekend and could not be happier with our choice. This was our first ski trip with our kids (ages 6 & 9) and we made "ease" of getting to the slopes & ski school the priority which is why we chose Marriott Mountainside. We were able to rent skis just outside our door, pick up lift tickets and ski school reservation within a few feet. We could look out our window and see the ski school gathering each day. We also overlooked the lift payday and the pools and hot tubs. This wasn't a super special room as I think at least 50% of the rooms in the hotel must have had this same view. An extra bonus for kids from the south was to also watch the daily prepping of the slopes. The snowcats and snowmobiles used to transport workers around was a morning and evening highlight. We also enjoyed watching the horse pulled sleighs arrive every evening to pick up people. At the end of each day we were able to ski in the back of the hotel, check our skis and walk just a few yards to the elevator to our room. Walking in the boots was the most challenging for our youngest so I was very thankful we did not have to go far. The room itself was a nice size and offered all the necessities. The kitchen was minimally stocked but had all the basics. The fireplace heated the room quiet well - almost too well. The beds were comfortable, water pressure was good and the washer and dryer were ultra conventient. I found I didn't need as many clothes as I had packed because of the units being in the room. We enjoyed the hot tubs and swimming pool everyday. One detail that shows how skier and family friendly the property is, was the stocking of plastic cups in your room. We used these to pour drinks into and take to the hot tubs. They don't allow glass on the pool deck for safety reasons and by providing these cups in the rooms, it game people the option of still taking drinks to the pool, just not in a bottle.
The "Mine" looked fun and was always filled with kids and families but we were so busy on the slopes, in the pools and then dinner we actually never played in the "Mine".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A high school buddy had his bachelor party here the week after Sundance Film Festival and we had a great time. It makes me want to buy a condo out there. It's great skiing and the town is really nice. The only thing I didn't like, but is to be expected, are the prices. It's quite expensive to stay and eat here.

The skiing is the toughest I have encountered so far, but I like to push it and can't wait to go back and take on more slopes. Also, the NASTAR track was lots of fun.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms near hotels because walking with ski boots is exhausting and it is more convenient...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alamo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Location is nice, beware of the 10am check out that is hidden in the fine print. There is some sort of charity scam that will allow you to stay to noon for $20, but the keys still cancel.

Staff is mostly young nice "kids" who do a good job. Pools and hot tubs nicely done, but chocked full of kids and families. This isn't a place for a romantic get away. Wifi slow and useless. Room quality somewhat like a cheap apartment finish. I guess for $600/night for a hotel room I was expecting more. Close to Ritz prices, but miles away from that "experience."

Best for the "time share" crowd who will be at home.

• Stayed February 2013
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stay here practically every year during the Sundance Film Festival. This year, I decided to bring my 8 year old daughter. I was concerned that she would feel out of place because the festival is not family friendly really. The Marriott Mountainside made it a perfect get away for a single dad and his kid. The hotel has a kids area called The Mine. It is open from morning until 9:30 at night. Some events were not for her age so she could not stay during those, but whenever she needed some kid time, I could take her there. I also enrolled her in two days of ski school, which is pricey but worth it. She met another 8 year old girl and they had a blast playing together. We swam in the heated pool, relaxed in the hot tubs, and enjoyed every minute. The free bus service for the Park City area stops in a very convenient area with relation to the Marriott Mountainside . It is not difficult to find babysitters if you need a late night out as well. The cost of the hotel is pretty high during the festival, but I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. The ski Valet is a major convenience and the fact that the hotel is nestled right on Park City Mountain Ski resort is perfect for the skier or snowboarder. If you find yourself in Park City, you must check out the Marriot Mountainside. If you stay during the festival you will most likely run into a movie star or two.

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a bad room. I am either facing the pool or the ski slope. Both are great. One...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

What a rustic, cozy and well run ski lodge at a great location. Didn't ski. My wife and I were in town for the Sundance Film Festival, but loved the facility. The room was spacious and well appointed. The lodge itself was uber comfortable and unpretentious. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. Only one shortcoming: like most ski hill facilities, the room connected to the one next door--from which we were locked off for our stay. The soundproofing between the two was abysmal. One morning, I literally was awakened to the chimes of my neighbor booting up his computer at 6am. We did not miss a single element of that family's conversation, down the the last "cough". No big deal if everyone's on the same "lights out" and "up and at em" schedule--but we weren't. Wouldn't take much for the ownership group to fix this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's MountainSide? Share your experiences!