“Week long family stay in July” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #15 of 58 hotels in Park City
West Point, Utah, United States
“Week long family stay in July”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We arrived at 2:00 pm and tried to check in early but were told our room was not ready and they would call us when our room was available. They called to let us now our room was ready at 3:30 which eneded up being a half hour before our scheduled "check in" time. We traded our Westgate Resort Park City timeshare for Marriott because of scheduling conflicts and our first reaction to checking in was the resort looked nice and the location was great right at the Moutain Resort where there is fun activities for all ages. It went down hill from there. There are resort activites for the kids which was nice but our room which was advertised as an economy room with private sleep quarters for 2 people and room for 4 total was really just an average hotel room with a very small kitchenette. We had a comfortable King size bed with a full pull out sofa and a average size bathroom with a tub/shower. We are used to staying in a 1 bed room condo with a full kitchen so this was a serious down grade. Now for our biggest complaint. Unless you booked this place as a nightly rate hotel room ( not as an owner or a time share exchange) you get no housekeeping services for the entire time you are there. We had our young 4 and 6 year old girls who love to do crafts so we had scraps all over the place and no vacuum or broom in the place. Also you have a very small bar/table which was only big enough for 2 people to sit atand really no other counter space for thekids to do craft on so the floor is where they had to ed up doing their crafts, games, puzzles, etc. You had to call and ask for clean towels (both pool and bath) which was very inconvienient. We were completely shocked that no house keeping was included with our excange so they offered to schedule a "tidy up" service but told us it would be $15 each time you schedule that. No thanks! We already were paying a lot of money to be staying there. Vacation is break from cleaning is it not...apparently not here. Also, when we went to the pool it was a nice size pool and there were 6 or 7 good size hot tubs but there was mold growing around them. I almost made the mistake of leaning back in the hot tub and getting my hair in it! Yuck! The fire pits were nice and the gym is a good addition. Oh yes, they do offer free swim diapers so if you forget them, not a problem.

Overall, if you are booking as a hotel for a few nights it will be great. If you are trading or buying, be prepared to pay a lot of money for things like cleaning your room that is a normal provided service at every other resort we have ever been to. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Park City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

You can't beat the location for summer. This property is steps away from the PCMR plaza, activities, and mountain restaurants and shops (those that are open). Or, it's an easy walk to City Park and Main Street. I stayed here with my 3 teen-age boys. They were happy and safe coming and going and exploring on foot. I rarely took my car out of the parking garage! There's is also a free, public, city bus only steps away.

We stayed in a one bedroom unit. It had everything we could possibly want including a w/d (you can read the specs). There's lots of space and furniture/drawers/cabinets/closets to unpack comfortably for both clothing and toiletries - rare in my experience!

The resort itself is fun and busy, though it's clearly a destination for young families. The pool and hot tubs are crowded with young kids (it was July 4th week). I don't recommend this resort for peace and quiet, during this week, especially. The room areas are quiet and peaceful, it's the amenities that are busy. I would have loved this when my boys were little!

The staff is wonderful, helpful, friendly, and accommodating. I LOVE that the resort facilitates recycling!! There are special bags for recycling in the rooms. It's not an inexpensive place to stay, but the value is not disappointing in any way.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor (only one flight up from main level). It was fine. We used the stairs mo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

It was just my husband and myself that stayed here but it was a perfect location for families with kids too . So many activities on the mountain just two minutes away. We rode the chairlift, and did the alpine slide and coaster . The staff at the Marriott and also at the surrounding stores and restaurants couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The only improvement I could think of wouldve been if the rooms had balconies and if the sundry store had a few more supplies . The Marriott is definitely on the revisit list .

• Stayed June 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

my wife attempted an early check in but room was not ready which I fully understand but the desk agent informed my wife that she would call her as soon as the room was ready which she did not, my wife finally just came back and checked in. Received a garage access card which no one quite understood if it should be a white card or yellow card but either way, the access card did not work. When we finally got a garage card that worked, we only found out that there is very limited parking and that you have to shuttle from an overflow lot which is not consistent with the service I've received from Marriott historically. Housekeeping missed our room and when I informed the front desk, they checked the logs and said I had the "do not disturb" hanger affixed which I agreed I did until 1:45 PM but plenty of time thereafter...Room-suite is fine and kitchen is spacious but I expect more from the Marriott brand...looking forward to my Springhill Suite stay tomorrow ironically as this Marriott product excels in my opinion. In informed front desk of my concern as well as my desire to move to a neighboring Marriott property and they were polite in listening to my venting but unable to assist due to neighboring sellouts. I have a day left in my stay and hopefully someone will reach out to ensure all is well?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marriott's Mountainside at Park City. We apologize the parking situation and housekeeping services did not meet your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us. In order for us to appropriately address your concerns, please contact our Customer Care office at Marriott Vacations Worldwide via email at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We just returned from 5 days at the Marriott Mountainside in Park City. The 2 bedroom suite we stayed in was very nice altho it seemed a little smaller than other Marriott resorts in which we have stayed. The location is very well placed right on the mountainside ( a lift chair is right out the back door) with lots of attractions right there, i.e. zip lines, mountain slides, downhill rail runs, and a large play area for kids and tots. The hotel also features tons of activities for kids and adults as well. Downtown Park City is just a few blocks away with an "old town" feeling and lots of places to spend your money. Good golf is only 4 blocks away and good food abounds. This is a good place for a summer vacation - I can only imagine how good a ski trip would be.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Brentwood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed at Mountainside June 9 thru 16. It was the begining of there summer season so it was still rather quiet. We asked for top floor which we got but the first night we found out due to the loud noise all night that the boiler sat above us. We asked to me moved and they did so. Now if the place was full this may not have happened. They were more than happy to move us and found us a very quiet room on the 6th floor. Danita was awesome she always called us by our last names when she saw us. Carlos was another great person very firendly and helpfull. YOu can tell they really love what they do. The only complaint I had was the amount of kids in the hot tubs. We were not able to use them. One day an employee did ask them to get out. The pool area was very noisy. But it didnt really bother us. The barbecue area was nice we used it 2 times. The activities outside were awesome. I dont think we will visit again only because I had altitude sickness the 7 days we were there. I recommend this place to people who LOVE kids. If not stay away. I bet this is a beautifull place in the winter and would love to visit at that time if I didnt have a problem with the altitude.

Room Tip: If you ask for the top floor make sure the boiler is not above you. Its very loud
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We loved this place. We had a 2 bedroom villa. The rooms were great and the bed was so comfortable. The kids loved the pools. Hubby loved the fitness room. Everyone loved the Sauna and table tennis.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's MountainSide? Share your experiences!