“ski-on, ski-off, then jump in the hot tub” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Park City
“ski-on, ski-off, then jump in the hot tub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Fantastic location if you're going to be skiing at Park City (and really close to Deer Valley too). Chair lift literally goes right by the hotel pool and multiple hot tubs making it a fun and relaxing location for skiers.

Room was decent with kitchenette, gas fireplace and plenty of space for three of us - not luxurious, but totally comfortable and just what we needed. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are breakfast options next door and plenty of dinner options a short drive away in downtown Park City.

I'd definitely stay there again, and with my family next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have been at a number of hotels, but this hotel is great. They are right on the slopes- true ski and and ski out- not ski out with a hike.
The hotel rooms a spacious- kitchens complete. Staff knows the area.
Lots of activities for kids

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

The Marriott Mountainside could not be more convenient to Park City Mountain. The lift is just steps from the hotel. Everyone at the hotel is friendly and helpful and the accommodations are very nice. You will enjoy a trip here.

• Stayed February 2012
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mountainside Marriott in Park City for the first 3 nights of our stay in Utah. The location was very convenient. Ski in/ ski out, right near PayDay Chairlift.
Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Ski rentals right on site. Only a mile or so from Main Street which has lots of shops and restaurants. Hot tub and pool were fun and convenient! A great way to wind down after a day of skiing!
Deer Valley is only about 2 1/2 miles away if you wanted to visit while staying at Park City. We didn't visit the Canyons, but they are also just a few miles away.
Another adventure, should you need a day off is Olympic Park which is just past the Canyons, going away from Park City. This was a pleasant surprise on our transition day from Park City to Snowbird!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We booked this last minute for a Valentine's weekend getaway. Service was friendly but not very helpful. We tried to check in around 1pm and were told our room wasn't ready. Not a problem, we left our cell # to call us when we could check in and said we would go grab lunch. At that time, being a Platinum Premier Marriott Member I asked if there was any possibility of an upgrade and the woman looked at me as if I had 3 heads and said "no". Not possibly, let me check...just "no". Alrighty then...There is a cute little square around the ski resort with some shops and pubs and restaurants. All very casual, if you want a nice dinner in Park City unless you're ok with driving every night this is not the hotel for you. We had a burger and some beers and wandered around. Around 4pm we thought the room HAS to be ready by now so we go back. A new girl at the front and she says "Oh yes, it's been ready for awhile now". Great, thanks for the phone call. Rooms are SMALL, but very neat and clean with new appliances and upgrades. As other reviewers have stated, unless you are getting a 1 or 2 bedroom villa all you have is a mini fridge and microwave and sink. Walls are paper thin...you can hear every noise you don't necessarily want to hear coming from the neighboring rooms.

I'm not a skiier but my husband loved the ski in/ski out availability here as well as the onsite ski valet. If we had brought the kids I think that would have made it even more of a bonus and it is a very family friendly hotel. Staying as a couple however, we would have been willing to give up the ski in/out feature to be closer to nice restaurants and a hotel with a little more ambiance. Also, if you are an advanced skiier you would probably want to check out Deer Valley and other slopes anyway because according to my husband one day at this particular ski area is plenty and then you run out of challenges. If you are part of the Marriott time share this is probably a great swap to use for a ski vacation, but if you are just booking for a few nights I don't recommend it because it doesn't have any of the amenities you expect at a full service Marriott. No bar or restaurant, no room service, no robes, etc and it only offers limited housekeeping. Previously we've stayed at the full service Marriott in Park City and enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: Wish I could help with that one but I didn't have any luck.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

-the rooms were smaller than other Marriott Vacation Club Resorts
-studio room connected to main room only had small microwave and mini fridge, no cooktop
-the property was very clean, well maintained over the years. new stainless appliances in kitchen
-LONG WINDING HALLWAYS TO GET TO YOUR ROOM
-GREAT LOCATION - PERFECT FOR SKIING!!
-indoor garage parking
-valet for your ski/snowboard - awesome
-ski lift right outside the door
-hot tub was nice even had one reserved for kids that wasnt so hot
-family oriented hotel.
-ice skating was about a 3 minute walk from hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I booked this room online but also confirmed at same time with Marriott rep via phone that it was located on/right off Main Street. It wasn't. Ended up spending an extra $200 in cab fare every time I wanted to leave. Upon arriving in Park City, I was hungry so I called the hotel to let them know I had arrived in town but would still be an hour or two from checking in. I was promptly told that they had to give away my room! Shocked, I asked if he was kidding. He kept up the charade until finally i got mad. He then said he was joking and that my room [a box with a fold out couch right next to the bed] would be waiting. When I finally arrived at the hotel, approx. 8pm, I got a room that had a running toilet. I called the front desk and they said they d send someone up to move me to a different room. The second room had a non-working shower. When I finally got in to room #3 [right next to the stairs/elevator] it was 2am. When I came downstairs in the morning, I asked the front desk to call me a cab. I was handed a card for a cab company they are in cahoots with. I called. Was told it would be 2 hour wait. This expanded at various other times to a 4 hour wait. Needless to say this wasted my trip and I missed seeing several films. Upon my return one evening, I was greeted by their "Loss Prevention Manager, Brandon Allred". I told him about my ordeal with the cab company and also about a scam they were running [they d pick up several different people and instead of splitting the fair they'd charge each person full fare]. He seemed outraged and asked me who gave me the card. I couldn't remember. He handed me a different taxi card and said that was the one that I should have been given. He said he was going to contact the cab company and get back to me. He didn't of course and I came to find out the second card cab company is the same/owned by the first so he was obviously in on the scam but acted surprised. The last night of my stay, I come to find out that the front desk will call a cab for you and it's only 15 minutes but that's if you get someone helpful, which there were few. I also learned they had pool tables and fireplaces in a lounge I was never told about until after I checked out. Last night in my room I was with fever. I went to make some tea. The coffee maker didn't work, nor did the TV. Upon checkout I was asked how I enjoyed my stay. I repeated all of the above and was given a $55 credit. WOOHOO. Seriously, it should have been credit for one night at $445. But hey I guess they don't care about bad reviews or returning guests.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MVCI_Executive, Manager at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marriott's MountainSide. We apologize the level of service did not meet your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us. In order for us to appropriately address your concerns, please contact our Customer Care office at Marriott Vacations Worldwide via email at Customer.Care@mvwc.com or at 800 860 9384.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care

Been to Marriott's MountainSide? Share your experiences!