“Can't Get Much Closer to Ski Lifts” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #16 of 59 hotels in Park City
Colleyville, Texas
“Can't Get Much Closer to Ski Lifts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I have to make my standard disclaimer when rating a Marriott vacation (condo) club property --- how much you pay makes a huge difference in your ratings. For our 3 night stay, we used our bonus points from the new Marriott point plan. So...we had no out of pocket cost. Our trip was in mid April. The Park City ski area extended their season by one weekend so it was open when we arrived. We had no plans to downhill ski. We planned to either hike or snowshoe. We found a great snowshoe area with lots of snow a short drive from Park City. The Marriott's activity center "checked-out" snowshoes so we didn't pay anything for the snowshoes! If you plan to ski the Park City area, this resort is as close as you can possibly be to the ski area. Our room was so close, people on the lift could look into our room while riding by on the lift. The rooms were standard Marriott vacation club condos. We had a one bedroom unit. The outer room included full kitchen, dining area, fireplace and washer/dryer. The staff were very helpful and nice. The outdoor pool was heated and there were 6 hot tubs. Some of the hot tubs weren't fully functional but overall a nice set-up.
Park City is a nice town - lots of good restaurants and bars. We walked from the Marriott to the Main Street area but it would be about 2 minutes by car. Underground parking is provided. It would be nice if you had a compact car to fit into some of the spaces.
Overall, we really enjoyed our trip and would definitely use points to stay here again.

Room Tip: Own a Marriott timeshare.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Fantastic property with great ski in and ski out location. High standard of accomodaton with top of the range furnishings. Very comfortable beds and a pleasure to come back to after a day on the slopes.

Park City is a lovely town with friendly people and nice restaurants and bars.

However,watch out for Flanagans Irish Bar. They have a wine list with no prices and the 'burly' waiter claimed he didn't know why prices weren't mentioned! A bottle of wine which was 16 dollars in off licence was 65 dollars in Flanagans. Food was nice but we had a feeling of being ripped off regarding the wine! Not expected in an otherwise ordinary bar with bar food.

Will definitely visit Park City again but will stick to the Irish bars in Dublin!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Every aspect of stay was excellent except for noise factor. Spacious room with king bed, sitting area and small kitchen. Great ski in and out location. Multiple scenic hot tubs but quite busy during peak hours. Excellent service at complimentary ski valet. Has a great area for kids to unwind: Foosball, pool table, xbox, tv, etc The ONLY negative, and one not to overllook, was poor sound insulation between rooms. Rooms are separated by locked doors with poor sound control. Next to our room was a family with a crying child that disturbed our sleep. I asked for a different room and the manager provided excellent service and moved us to another room. The room was similar but there was not a crying

child in next room. However one can hear TV and other noises in adjacent room. I believe when charging $500.00 per night for the above room there needs to be appropriate sound insulation between adjacent rooms. I would not stay here again due to the noise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

First the bad - Stayed for 6 nights at $400 a night for a basic room, not a suite. If I had stayed for 5 nights the cost would have been $300 a night; the explanation for the $100 a night increase just because I chose to stay 6 nights and not 5 was "we are not a normal hotel but time share" hmmm OK that makes sense?
So my $400 a night room comes with a kitchenette that has NO hot-plate and only a microwave...with NO microwave dish/container supplied?
Bathroom is supplied with only a small shampoo and conditioner bottle, such as you get in a $40 a night room in Vegas? I thought I was supposed to be in the Marriott!!?
Anyway, now for the good - Staff were excellent, every single one. I haven't felt so welcomed since Japan. From Front Desk to Cleaning to Ski Storage they were a credit to the Hotel and to Utah and the USA. Thank you to them for saving the hotel from mediocrity.
LOCATION cannot be beat! I haven't been to a better ski in ski out property.
Spa and Swimming pool complex absolute decadence, loved it.
A mixed bag that I would consider $300 a night to be acceptable but probably not $400; perhaps if the rooms were bigger and better stocked.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Location - right on the mountain. Walk out past the 5 pools and hot tubs with your skis, put 'em on and ski to the lift. It doesn't get any better or more convenient than this. Just a few steps away is the free, city bus so you don't even need a car here.

Staff is extremely competent and friendly. Requested an electric skillet and it was delilvered within 15 min. with a follow-up telephone call to insure it was received and what I wanted.

My spouse and friend skied and I participated in the daily events planned by the hotel. There were different, daily events for young children, teens and adults. I participated in a 5-hour snow shoe tour led by Annie in to the Uinta Forest. It was obvious our guide knew the area and took the time to point out the various trees along the hike to our group of 4.

I took another snow shoe tour later in the week with Annie and we hiked up the switchbacks on the mountain. Wow, what great exercise and incredible scenery.

One night, we took the bus tour in to Salt Lake and visited Tabernacle Square, ate dinner on the premises and heard the amazing Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

The villa is so spacious. The kitchen is stocked with dishes, glassware, pots & pans, etc. The dining room/living room is spacious for a large family and has a large flat screen TV and DVD player. Movies can be rented in the lobby.

The "master bedroom" is complete with an oversize tub (though not a whirlpool) that easily fits two. Pack your bubble bath.

The smaller bedroom has a large bed, sofa that opens and a small wet bar area with mini-fridge. There is free WIFI in the unit. The website accurately describes all the amenities and layout.

The gym has plentiful machines with TV's attached and weights. Never had to wait to get to my machine of choice.

Have been coming to Park City for many years and this is the only "hotel" for us.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

First off-We called beforehand and were told gaming would not be a problem. Greg G and Mike with the staff were more than helpful, patient, and thorough in troubleshooting the issue why my PS3 will not work on ANY of the LG tv's on site. Of course, my systems work at other Marriotts-Ft Lauderdale and South Lake Tahoe-but no dice @ Mountainside. Why are the tv's programmed incorrectly? Was it up with that "gray box" next to the tv? Pointless. The gray box HDMI interface plays audio, but no video. There are pages of complaints on the internet with LG tv's and gaming systems. OOps. Just deal with the truth,you already got our time and our money. I cannot recommend this Marriott to any of my friends, cause they all have kids with gaming systems. I would take back all my venom if the franchise did two things-POST on the site the place is not Gaming friendly, and or, fix the situation and buy better tv's that arePROVEN to work before guests are misinformed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I spent an extra day in Park City after a recent business trip to Salt Lake. My only plan was to spend the whole day skiing and I could not have picked a better spot than the Marriott Mountainside. I only had one day, so I wanted to be as close to the slopes as possible. The hotel is big but there are multiple exits and all of them right near the Pay Day lift chair.
The room I had came with a small kitchenette. It was nothing spectacular but it was cozy and the bed was really comfortable. Don't forget your bathing suit! The pool and the hot tubs are right off the slopes and really inviting after a day of skiing.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the main strip of shops and restaurants in Park City but there is really nothing worth mentioning to do or eat on the premises. I didn’t mind the walk and I liked that I was set away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
I am a solo traveler but it seemed like this hotel had a lot of activities for kids. It seems like a good place to bring the whole family on a ski vacation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Marriott's MountainSide? Share your experiences!