“A treasure!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Irvine, California
“A treasure!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Treasure Mountain Inn is a treasure, indeed! From check-in to check-out, my stay could not have been more enjoyable. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful, and they really went out of their way to make sure that our group was having a great experience.

The one bedroom suite I shared with my friends was more like a luxury apartment than a hotel room, and we all felt right at home. The beds were outrageously comfortable, the chaise and sofa in the living room were wonderful for lounging on, and the kitchen was well-appointed with first rate appliances and cooking implements. Our balcony overlooked the lush courtyard and hot tub, but the windows were soundproof when closed, so we always had peace and quiet when we went to bed, even if people were socializing outside.

The location is perfect -- right at the top of Main Street, just a quick downhill walk or trolley ride away from the town ski lift and steps away from a variety of restaurants, shops, and art galleries. Treasure Mountain Inn also has a restaurant, the Morning Ray, which serves up fantastic food at very reasonable prices.

One thing to be aware of when booking: The buildings with the two bedroom suites and the studios do not have elevator access, but the main building with the one bedroom suites does. If you are unable to negotiate stairs easily, you will definitely want to ask for a room in the main building.

I absolutely loved my four nights at the Treasure Mountain Inn and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
SALT LAKE CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

When I was planning my event for August 2010, I approached Treasure Mountain Inn to be our base of operations. Every aspect of planning was super easy, thanks to Thea and Emily's knowledge and helpfulness. During our stay, Thea and Andy were always around to help with any issues that might arise. Heidi and Alex, who worked the front desk during the evenings, put in extra hours to accommodate our group. Every member of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. We were a pretty different kind of group for them, and we had some special needs and requests, and they were completely willing and eager to help us have a great time.

The rooms were amazing. As my event's organizer, I opted to stay in one of the less renovated rooms, and it was still pretty fantastic. I visited several other rooms, and just loved them. The suites are huge, with gorgeous bedrooms, comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, fantastic kitchens, and great sitting rooms.

Our event included a vendor's room and an art gallery. we used the Crescent Room for the art gallery as well as a "sitting room" for chatting, and the Great Room for the vending area. Both were perfectly set up. The Crescent Room was especially wonderful; when we first got there, it was set up as a classroom, and we asked for more chairs so we could have spaces to sit and talk. When we came back, the place had been magically converted into a perfect parlor, with gorgeous sofas and overstuffed chairs!

The courtyard is amazing. We enjoyed some late night star-gazing from the grassy area near my room, and although I never tried out the hot tub, others in my group said it was incredible. We held a fashion show out there on Friday evening, and it was fantastic. Andy even took some photos, and had them up on a monitor in the lobby the next morning!

When another guest, unaffiliated with our group, caused some minor problem with some of my event's attendees, the hotel staff handled it wonderfully. From collecting our reports on what had happened to letting the offending guest know, in no uncertain terms, that his behavior was unacceptable, Thea and her staff went far beyond the usual service to make sure we knew that our business was important to TMI.

The attached cafe was quick to help me get coffee for my event's vendors in the mornings, and the meals I enjoyed there during my trips to PC for planning were always enjoyable.

Our event has been all over the country, and we have held it in Montreal, Seattle, Tampa, New Orleans, Chicago, and Long Beach, among others, for the last 16 years. We were even on the gorgeous Queen Mary last year. Yet many members of our group have told me that TMI "raises the bar on hotels" for our event. Many of my event's attendees were unsure about coming to Park City after 15 years of holding the event in major cities; I lost count of how many were, by the end of the weekend, making plans to return to Park City and to TMI.

Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

we just got back from our stay at Treasure Mountain Inn and let me tell you, I have not had better service.

this is full of suites with kitchens and everyone is decorated differently, so the group I was with had a fun time exploring the differences of all the rooms. the kitchens were a great way to hang out and cook with our friends

the staff was brilliant. All I needed to to was ask for something and I was rewarded with a smile and quick response. When I lost my voice (as a vocalist this is very bad thing) the woman at the front desk offered to bring her humidifyer from her home!

Seriously, if you are ever in area, you need to stay here. the setting is gorgeous and it is close to everything the town has to offer. you can't loose

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We could not believe our room -it was wonderful. It had everything that we could need including a kitchen -which we only used to make coffee. the view from outside was all the way down main street- lovely to look out upon. I would say this was a great place to stay-everyone was very friendly and it was lovely to have a sofa to sit on at the end of the day.

North Logan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Junior suite was perfect for me, spouse, and child. My wife lost her watch somewhere in the room and they shipped it back to us later that same day (using our credit card, of course).

Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Perfect spot at the top of main street. Very nice rooms and very quiet. Excellent restaurant on site. Only issue was lack of black out drapes in our room so the sun came up early.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We spent one night at Treasure Mountain Inn and were quite impressed. We had a one-bedroom condo in the main building, which was extremely comfortable and well designed. I would give the Inn a 4.5 out of 5.

The Inn's location, right on Main Street, can't be beat. There is also convenient underground parking.

The Inn is well maintained. Our unit was fully equipped -- and included coffee as well coffee tokens for the restaurant. I say this because I noted in other reviews that people did not find coffee available in their rooms.

When checking out, I learned that the condos are apparently individually owned and therefore all are decorated differently. I also assume that might mean that different condos have different features. For example, our unit had a wall telephone in the open kitchen/living space but not a telephone in the bedroom. While that did not matter for a one night stay, I would have wanted telephone access (perhaps a using mobile phone system if there are no outlets or a lack of outlets )in the bedroom for a longer stay. Also, there were no directions for the heating/cooling system which involved a remote-like control system; nor was there a cable guide. Again, for a one-night stay, this was not a problem -- we figured out the basic cooling system and the cable system -- but for a multi-day stay, I would have appreciated more information.

We liked the "green nature" of the hotel. The Inn is also a complete non-smoking building, which I personally think is great. I also like the idea of a "quiet time," which I believe starts around 10 pm.

Overall, we enjoyed our short stay and would highly recommend the Inn.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!