I have to admit that I was somewhat nervous staying here as I had read some prior negative reviews so I was wondering if I had made a mistake. Some positves about the hotel was they had asked if I wanted a shuttle return from Salt Lake city airport and I had indicated I had wanted that. We were picked up from the airport in a SUV with no other pickups with an excellent driver, He indicated to us that we had a package where we had services in the area to pick us up and take us home anywhere we wanted to go at no cost. I don't know what company it was but I would very very highly recommend them as their drivers were super nice and they even took us to the hills every morning even though one day we skiied Park City Mountain but they took us to base lodge at no extra cost. They also drive to the Canyons and took us to Deer Valley for 2 days with no charges. The drivers were excellennt and knew the areas and had great recommendations regarding ski hills and restaurants and shopping in the area. I would not have known about this package if not for the hotel.
Hotel stafff greated us and carried in our bags and ski equippment. Then upon check in was the large contract that you have to sign. A little off putting. Nothing extradonaire but basically if you don't sign it they won't talk to you. Doesn't bode well for customer relations. No ski locker but you can bring your skis to your room which seemed unusual for a ski hotel, but whatever. It coud dent the walls with skiis but we were careful. If you are loud or smoke they can evict you, but no big deal as we do neither. Also they hate noise for guests but falling asleep you do hear alot of noise. If you hate smoke their is no smoking on balconies or within the vacinty of the hotel., Could care less either way.
Room was very nice. Full kitchen but for 4 days we were not going to use it anyways. Suite was clean and very modern looking. Ok the smell. Not so noticeable till you get to the elevator and I was like wow this reminds me of my grandmothers apt. Looked in the hallway and it sort of also reminded me of my grandmothers apt. Walked around the hotel and parts of it were boutique. Hot tub area and restaurant bouique looking, hallways garage, balcony grandmothers apt. Kinda wierd as I had not thought about granny apt for a long time.
Grandmas smell does disappate quickly but as soon as you come back you smell it. Too be fair I think I smelled it other places in Park City. But when I came home and unpacked my bags def was that smell/
Everything worked fine in the room but it is the first ski hotel that I have ever stayed at that did not have even a gas fireplace. They have one in the lobby but I have stayed in much c heaper places and they always had fireplaces in the suites even if they were gas.
Restaurant for breakfast was great. Order the Sunshine Ray it is so good. They even gave me a free cup of take out coffee which was great. Service at the restarant is very good.
I realy had no issues with the staff They actually seem somewhat awkward in customer relations. I did not find them rude. Just not that outgoing and they have rules which are important to them as their are individually owned units and they want to make sure that they are taken care of well. I just felt that the staff or owners are not great with communication and not naturally friendly more awkaward than rude. If they really want to pursue the business they may need to take customer relations seminars but I don't think they are mean people.
The hot tub was warm and the towels were clean and good quality. Suite was cleaned every day so really I had nothing to complian about. The staff was not super friendly but once I signed the waivers they had nothing to do with us.
Bottom line. Would I stay here again. If I came with my kids I would likely stay at the Mariott at PCMR but if I came with just my husband and the price were similar I would atay here again. I would pay a bit more in coming years but if the prices were to increase alot I would look for somewhere else.
Also on check out day they had a fresh baked coffee cake availabe for guests which was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Mountain Inn is ideally located where the mountains meet Main Street in historic Park City. Its Park City’s only eco-tique with 50 modern suites, king beds, full kitchens, fitness center, air conditioning, conference space, free parking, and free wireless Internet, all in a 100% carbon-neutral solar-powered package. Park City’s original ski hotel, the property was recently renovated, keeping the charm and upgrading the rest. Within steps of Park City’s best dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel Park City
- Treasure Mountain Hotel
- Treasure Mountain Park City
- Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel And Conference Center Park City, Utah