“WOW-The nicest stay i have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Main Street, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Park City, Utah
“WOW-The nicest stay i have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

i stayed here durring their winter season and it was one of the best hotel experiences i have ever had! first of all, my room wasn't a 'room' it was a CONDO!!! i booked and payed for just a normal hotel room but i was upgraded to an AMAZING one bedrom unit that was nicer then my hourse! then, the staff treated me like family! i chatted up a storm with the front desk woman, who it turns out OWNS the place! it was nice to know that the owner gets down to the front lines so to speak. it was a very charming place, mush like the french quarter in New Orleans.
the location...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! perfectly at the top of everything so you could take a nice walk down the street and the free trolly ride back up. the front desk people were amazing with all kinds of info and help, i remember all of them cause they were all so great! Chris, Emily, and Peter!
there are a lot of rules, but i felt safer knowing that they HAD rules unlike other hotels that just let guests do whatever they want even if it makes other guests annoyed.
this was classy, friendly, AND AND AND there was an obvious care for the environment, everything was green friendly!
best trip ever!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

Our Room Smelled like an old age home or hospital. Be prepared to bring your attorney with you when checking in, as there is a flat out litany of unfriendly and unwelcoming rules where failure to adhere, results in fee's, fines, or "eviction" This Hotel is STALE, needs major work, and is flat out depressing. It literally smells. The smell is OK once you get used to it in your room, but when you leave and return, you are overwhelmed with nausea. The Website is clearly misleading and really makes this hotel seem hip, modern and sort of unique, a real boutique feel. Be careful before booking. There are absolutely NO refunds. Clearly the owners/Management should not be in the hospitality business.

If I had to paraphrase managements attitude it would be something like this.....

We are doing you a favor for letting you stay with us. You should be thanking us for taking your money. Please do everything in your power during your stay to make it easier on us so that our job is easier and so that we don't have to sit around hating our business and customers.

Clearly there is a lack of gratitude here,. Unfortunately I did not read up on this hotel on Tripadvisor prior to booking. Let my loss be your gain.

Pros
Large rooms
Location is pretty good, relatively speaking, about a 9 min walk to the town lift. right on main street.
Parking in underground lot - very convenient
They reluctantly brought us a lighter to light the vanilla candle that was in the room - I needed to light it immediately to try to cover the smell up.

The living room had a DVD player hooked up to the tv via an HDMI cable

The bedroom had a TV , that was not HDMI compatible and which had no DVD player. We wanted to watch a movie in our bedroom using the DVD player from the living room. We called down and the girl brought us up a Red White Yellow cable to hook the DVD player up to our bedroom TV.

We were an hour late checking out, and they did not charge us an extra day - I was really worried, as they seemed to be the type of business that would definitely seize the opportunity to charge you.

Cons
This hotel legitimately smells bad. Really I could not make a room smell as bad if I tried.
Unfriendly Policies - rules rules rules - Not unlike a Dorm or Hostel- except you pay $300.00 a night.
Non-Refundable
Rude Management
Misleading website
depressing atmosphere
ugly and cold lobby

Lastly,

I called and booked "last minute" -one week in advance- as I was constantly reminded when requesting a particular room. I was told 3 times during the call that bringing a car was highly discouraged, I was sort of taken a back, as It was not in the cards whatsoever to not have a car, and didn't see how it was any of there business anyway- She just kept repeating it as though I was dumb. I specifically asked not to be in room # 29 #21 #9 #16. They told me in order to guarantee a particular room that I would have had to pay $460.00 opposed to the $250 I was paying. I declined the offer, but asked them in good faith to try to put me in any other room but those four. Guess which room I got? #9. In my opinion this is rude, a poor way to do business, and highly unnecessary.

Let my loss be your gain.

Stay away.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

If you want to be taken advantage of, please visit the Treasure Mountain Inn in Park City, Utah. The hotel manager Thea and her husband are about as rude as they get. We went up for Sundance and they milk you for every last dollar you have, even in these hard economical times. We couldn't leave anywhere else becasue they would not refund our money. They were incredibly rude, and did not comply with the rules written on a binded paper in the room even! They charged us almost $650 a night for a one bedroom becasue we had a couple extra people. The room slept about 6 and they only allowed 3 people. Way to take advantage of common hard working citizens. You get fined $250 if you make slight noise after 10. What hotel does this? DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL. There are better deals with waaaayyy better management in Park City. Even Slamdance was complaining about them. Contact me with any info. I will be happy to explain our experience there.

• Liked — The room was nice, that's it.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I'll make this short. TMI is in a great location but anymore that's about it. The place smells funky, some of the units really need to be updated, and the staff just keeps getting more rude. The "owner" is the rudest of the bunch. Their attitude is that this is Park City and there are plenty of people to take your place if you don't like it. I've stayed there at least a half dozen times and have sadly watched a steady decline.. Unfortunately, it also just keeps getting more expensive to the point where it's not even a good value anymore. Bottom line, shop around. There are plenty of better places and deals to be had.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

1. rude owner/mgmt
2. dubious biz practices (fees fees and more fees)
3. overpriced for what you get

you can find better. enough said.

Stayed November 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

I absolutely love the treasure mountain inn. aside from the slightly awkward layout of the hotel, everything else was immaculate. the room was clean and very comfortable. down comforters, travertine and granite, everything very well-appointed. the spa was also amazing. location is ideal, within walking distance to a lot of very nice restaurants.

• Liked — location, luxury accomadations for reasonable price
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burnsville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Treasure Mountain Inn, Park City, Utah will try and charge you for one night’s stay as a cancelation fee... please be careful when booking with this hotel. The website reads (today) $100 cancellation fee regardless of timing --- additionally reads that you have 60 days prior to reservation to cancel without penalty - however not the case, please be careful! I travel a lot and book lots of reservations myself and large groups and I have never had a hotel be so rude and try to charge for cancelation 4 months out. Just please ask for confirmation and cancellation details as they appear to change from day to day at this hotel. This was my experience and I hope this may save someone else from the same mishap. Thank you and Happy Travels.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple