We stayed here June 8, 2013. We live in Ut and like to ride motorcycles up in this area. We were familiar with the town and what location we wanted. This location is fantastic! We could park the bike and walk everywhere. Also doesn't hurt that the Main street trolley and buses are free. We decided on the standard Jr Suite in building #2 that sits up higher on the hill. If you get a 3rd floor room, like we did, you also get a nice view.
In the summer, the bars on Main are a lively place and you can get a little noise if you have the windows or balcony open, but shutting them effectively takes care of it. For this reason I would book a room in one of the buildings actually located on Park Ave on the backside. You also get a nice view of the courtyard area. It is very nicely landscaped to fit the area. The ground level units also have patios with direct access to the courtyard. They would also be nice to stay in. The hot tub was large and very nice. We did find it a bit odd that the hours we posted as 4pm-9pm. However it also said you can use it earlier on request. It must not be too big of a deal because we were out walking and seen people in the hot tub at 10:30pm.
They are very earth friendly (as most of Park city) and have recycle bins thru the property. They have towels available for the courtyard/hot tub that are in the stairwells enterances. The outside of the property doesn't do the rest of it justice. The rooms are great! Well appointed, small but full kitchen, pots, pans, plates, glasses, measuring cups, bottle openers, even dish soap, sponge, dish towels and hot pads! They had a full ironing board and iron, extra blankets and pillows (but there were already 3 blankets on the bed), bed was good (a bit on the firm side), pillows were great, sheets looked very nice but they had small little balls on them and were on the rough side, the leather couch was very nice and could make into a bed (didnt try it). Our room did have a bathtub/shower that was very clean and beautiful. We were in unit 44 which also gave us the benefit of an extra window because it is on the end of the building.
At check-in the staff was very quiet and rather distant. He gave us our keys and a small map of the propery on where to park. Check-in was quick and easy however. At one point, like 11pm we had been walking all over and wanted to grab a drink to take to our room. No stores on Main were really open so we were trying to find something on the property. There is no vending (good and bad). Went to the lobby, knowbody there, it says to pick up the phone and dial for assistance but that just went to a voicemail, then it says for emergencys to email them. Um...ok? Walking back out thru the courtyard we spotted the staff we met earlier and asked where we could purchase a water or soda. He said at the lobby, so we followed him back to the lobby, where he kindly gave us a water and soda (no charge although they normally charge). That was very nice.
The next day (sunday) we wanted to go the Silly Sunday Street market which is right down the street. They close off a portion of Main St and open it to unique vendors (which change weekly). This was part of the reason we stayed in this location. They do this street market Every Sunday (thru Sept 1st i think)! It's really fun and they typically have live entertainment as well!
We checked out about 10am for a late breakfast but asked the female staff if we could leave our motorcycle parked on the property while we go down to the street festival for awhile. She was very sweet and said it was no problem. Many places charge for parking in that area due to lack of space and parking is strickly enforced. We seen plenty cars with tickets for expired meter parking.
You can find cheaper places away from Old Main Street but you cant beat the walkability, old time charm, food and entertainment that this location provides. We would love to stay longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Mountain Inn is ideally located where the mountains meet Main Street in historic Park City. Its Park City’s only eco-tique with 50 modern suites, king beds, full kitchens, fitness center, air conditioning, conference space, free parking, and free wireless Internet, all in a 100% carbon-neutral solar-powered package. Park City’s original ski hotel, the property was recently renovated, keeping the charm and upgrading the rest. Within steps of Park City’s best dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel Park City
- Treasure Mountain Hotel
- Treasure Mountain Park City
- Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel And Conference Center Park City, Utah