“A nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Park City
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while passing through the park city area. Found the hotel to be very pretty, decorated in the classic "ski lodge" style that seems to be popular here. There was some ongoing construction, but did not find this to be a burden. Breakfast was the typical continental breakfast found at a hotel. Hotel also about a 5 min drive from Utah Olympic park, which was where we were going the next day

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sergio E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad that our hotel setting made it a relaxing stay for you and that we were close to the place you were going to next. We hope to see you next time you're in park city. Sincerely Sergio E. Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Prescott
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was not as nice as others I have stayed in but it was okay. Check in took forever and the front entrance is under construction. The room was clean but has almost no extra amenities. Breakfast was the usual. For the area it is a great price but it isn't anything fancy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that check in took some time that is not the norm in our hotel, we are working as fast as possible to get our main entrance back open. If you have any further comments feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

As others have stated, currently the hotel is undergoing some out construction, which made things a bit difficult (no entry in the front, parking was a bit tight later in the evening), however, I did find my room to be fine. The bed and mattress were comfortable, Direct TV on a larger flat screen and the overall cleanliness was good. I do wish they would provide a small refrigerator though. The morning buffet was pretty much standard, and did vary slightly over the 3 days I stayed there. One complaint was the OJ dispenser. The juice was consistently weak. Overall, for the price, it is a good stay in the pricey Park City area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad the you enjoyed your room and had a pleasant stay, we are working hard to get our main entrance back open sorry for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotels guest experience, if you have any further comments please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you for your feedback sincerely Sergio E.
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The name is misnomer as this hotel is actually at Kimball Junction passed Snyderville in a commercial retail park area right by I80, and currently there is a huge construction site at the back. I also did not like the room arrangement near reception. Some rooms are right by the reception / breakfast area, literally 5m away so get noise all the time from people at reception, breakfast and lounge area. Definitely avoid the first few rooms around the reception area. Breakfast, as usual in these types of hotel, is like plastic 'served' on plastic. The one advantage is that it is cheap.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sergio E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about you're recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected i apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. we are always looking for ways to improve are hotels guest experience. if you have any further comments feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Sincerely Sergio E. Front Office Manager.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I mistakingly booked my hotel for the wrong date. It was totally my mistake. I came to the hotel one week prior to the booked date and was told that there were no rooms available. That's okay, my problem, I booked the wrong date.

However, I was told that I could not get a refund and that I could receive credit to use by this November only at this hotel. Now, this Holiday Inn Express is privately owned and when I called, the manager was cordial, but kept repeating that I could not get a refund because it was policy. It would be nice if this hotel could be more flexible with their refund policy.

I came early and gave the hotel advance notice that I could not use the room for the next week. They would not give me a refund because I paid a special rate that was non-refundable. If the hotel can still book the room and probably at a higher rate than I paid, why can't I get a refund? If I could use the credit at other Holiday Inn Expresses, I would be okay, but I could only book at the Park City location by November.

Policy is policy. I wish that I could just get my money back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sergio E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do apologize for the inconvenience unfortunately the policy for advance purchase is non refundable once the reservation is booked. i hope that you give us a chance next time you're in park city. sincerely Sergio E. Front Office Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

When we arrived at the property, the front entrance was blocked off. Seems a delivery truck had recently hit the overhang and shifted it several feet. The temporary entrance served just as well and the whole checkin went smoothly. The 2nd floor room was on the back side of the property and was quiet even though we were opposite the elevator. Breakfast buffet was good with both hot and cold choices. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for a taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm glad that our hotel and amenities made it a great stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience, if you have any further comments please feel to contact me directly at the hotel.
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is out by the interstate and is a cheaper option for a 1 night stay, than staying at a ski resort. If you are here to ski in Winter, then perhaps it would be a different matter. Our room was clean, however, we did have an issue with the TV, the front desk clerk had to come up to get it to work. The lobby and breakfast areas were too hot for my taste. I guess they have not switched on the AC for the season yet. You could not use the front entrance due to some repairs. I did not like that anyone could enter the side entrance 24 hours a day that you would normally need a room key for. Wifi worked well and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm sorry you experienced some discomfort during your stay, we are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience. If you any further comments feel to contact me directly at the hotel, again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Park City? Share your experiences!