“Great place to stay and Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 59 hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, UT
“Great place to stay and Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This property was built in 2007. It very nice, well maintained, clean and a great value. I'd recommend this hotel for a clean, reasonable place to stay in Park City. I'll definitely stay there again. We usually stay at 4 or 5* hotels, but this one is a great hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michael S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our property was built in 1997 but we have a great staff that works hard to maintain it, and we are happy to hear that shows. If there is anything else we can do for you please contact the hotel at 435-658-1600 or by email at agmhieparkctiy@hotmail.com

We hope to see you next time you are in Park City.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This might be the only dog pet friendly, moderately priced, hotel in Park City, UT. The hotel is located in the New Park area of Park City, about 7 miles from downtown Park City and directly off of I-84. New Park was apparently one of the sites for the 2002 Winter Olympics, and it is an area replete with shopping and dining choices. The ride into Park City is no big deal. The property is relatively new, well maintained, and very clean. Our room was a little small, but that's probably common for a Holiday Inn Express. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel, especially to folks who are traveling with dogs. There is a small pet fee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed you stay. We agree that we have a great location.
We hope to see you and your pet(s) next time you are in Park City.

Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Disappointing that this hotel is in such rough shape. Shower nozzle was broken and could only flow a few ways, not the standard nozzle. Air conditioner sounded like pop corn going off most of the time. TV remote was useless. This hotel needs a major room renovation. Needs a deep clean on rooms and baths. Breakfast was disappointing as alot of food was blah. I would NOT go back to this hotel without a major renovation being done. laundry dryer vent has deposited major lint close to the front entrance of this hotel. Pretty disgusting. Great location for the free bus to Park city.

Room Tip: good luck finding one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize for the experience you had with the air conditioner, remote, and the shower. We work hard to resolve any maintenance issues our guests may have and I am sorry that we were unable to that for you. I would love to hear more from you on what we can do to improve the service for our valued guests, such as yourself. Please contact me at the hotel at 435-658-1600 or by email agmhieparkcity@hotmail.com

I sincerely hope you will give another chance next time you are in Park City.

Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have stayed here several times in the past and have had a good experience, but this time was disappointing. The front desk clerk at check in was not friendly...at all. The room smelled like smoke. The pillows were all flat but the matress was quite comfortable. The pretend eggs at breakfast were not palatable and the raisin bran cereal was stale. The dry sauna had loose boards and screws sticking up through the boards but the pool and hottub were toasty and nice. The evening desk clerk was helpful and friendly. The price was very decent for a Park City Hotel but we expected better quality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to live up to the quality, and service you have come to expect from our hotel. I will forward your concerns about the pillows, and the room smelling like smoke to our housekeeping manager. I am also pleased to inform you that the repairs to the sauna have already been completed. We are always looking for ways to improve the service for our guests and if there is anything else I can do for you please contact me at 435-658-1600 or feel free to email me at agmhieparkcity@hotmail.com

I hope you will give us another chance, to provide the great experience you had come to expect from our hotel, next time you are in Park City.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

There are two pet friendly accommodations in Park City; this is the better one! Stayed in Park City numerous times and this is the best place for the $$ and it is perfectly located of I80. Personnel at the front desk are always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and spacious. Free WIFI, water and basic toiletries (should you forget these necessities at home). Recently installed standing shower with seating/lounge build-in area, and steam accessory was a pleasant surprise. Minor drawback was the in window A/C unit which could not handle the above-than-normal heat of the day. Breakfast bar next morning showed improvement over last stay, though the 'French Roast' coffee did not resemble one. On the other hand, there are three Starbucks as well as other coffee houses within a 5-mile radius. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We also feel our pet friendly rooms, and location is a great value for the money. I apologize for the problems you experienced with your A/C. We work very hard to resolve any maintenance problems, and appreciate you informing us of the issue. The feedback we receive allows us the opportunity to correct any problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope to see you and your pet(s) next time you are in Park City.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel for a week of skiing in the area. I loved it!
To relax, take a shower, write email and watch some TV at night do not need anything more and the price more than fair!
The guy at the desk was super friendly and most nights we stayed talking for a while since we talked Spanish.
From this hotel, The Canyons is five minutes by car and Park City / Deer Valley to 15 minutos...Snowbird / Alta about 45 minutes drive ...
Near the hotel there are several dining restaurant and a supermarket nearby as well ... And if you buy ... an outlet to 2 minutes!!

The internet was free and fast.

If I ski in the area, no doubt, I will go to this hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that our friendly staff, and our convenient location was able to meet all your needs. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Park City.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The people at the desk in the day time greeted you. The clerk that checked us in the night we arrived should be doing something else. After checking in he informed us that we could not use our priority club rewards. Don't know why. I asked for directions to the Star Bucks for our balloon flight the next day. He directed me to a coffee shop that was not a Starbucks and almost missed my balloon ride. The room was clean although the air conditioner unit was noisy and the shower head spray was stinging hard. When we checked out we asked for a receipt and was told we couldn't have one. I would think that if a computer was done the old fashioned had written receipt would have been sufficient. The Wi Fi was free but did not work. Others have said the same thing. For a basic room is was OK.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Park City, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your experience with our day staff was a positive one. On behalf of our staff I would like to apologize for the experience you had at check in. I would like to get some information regarding the reason you were unable to use your Priority Club Rewards. It sounds to me like you may have booked through a third party internet site, in which case our Front Desk Agent is correct in telling you that you would not receive Priority Club points for that stay. In order to receive your points your reservation must be booked directly with IHG or the hotel. This would also explain why you did not receive a receipt at check out. All guests booking through a third party internet site should receive a receipt from the company they booked through via email. The hotel does not provide a receipt since we are not the ones who charged you. If this is not the reason please contact me so we may get this resolved for you. I understand that directions are an important part of a guest visit and I apologize that your directions to Starbucks were misguided. We do have two coffee shops located in the strip mall just behind us. Starbucks is on one end, and Park City Coffee Roasters on the other. If there is anything else I can do to assist you in this matter please contact the hotel at 435-658-1600 or email me at agmhieparkcity@hotmail.com
We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Park City.
Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Park City? Share your experiences!