“AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 52 activities in Park City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Step back in time to a place of fantasy where you can soar with eagles. Our gentle flights will take you to a place that can only be experienced by hot air balloon. You will be delighted and surprised at the serenity and ease of which our massive balloons take to the skies. Hot air ballooning is a sport of elegance and beauty where you can be at one with nature. You will not believe how smooth the flight is, and, if you thought you were afraid of heights you should come see the world from our perspective. Many people have come with us only to be surprised that they were not frightened to be up in our hot air balloons. You will surprise yourself too. Let us be that avenue to step out of your world and into ours. If you ever have any questions as to which balloon company to experience simply ask one of the top hotels in Park City who they recommend. We fly for all the top resorts: Stein Eriksen Lodge, The Montage, St. Regis, Hotel Park City, and the Waldorf Astoria, to name a few. Come join Morning Star Balloons on one of our daily flights over the majestic mountains of Park City, Utah. You'll be glad you did.
Tampa, Florida
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I can't believe any bad review that is posted about Morning Star Balloons after the wonderful time Daren Wilde showed my clients. I am a travel agent in Florida who sent 22 people to him for a balloon ride and they are still talking about how great Morning Star Balloons is. Daren was easy to work with, he was flexible and my group was most impressed. So, thank you Daren for showing my small group a spectacular ride! I will not forget everything you've done for us.

Visited July 2013

Lehi, Utah, United States
“Riding Solo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I were so excited for this, but it turned out awful. There were three couples so they split me and my wife up and put us in different parts of the balloon. We objected, but the balloon operator condescendingly told us to be quiet and do what we were told or we'd put the whole flight in jeopardy. I understand the need for balanced weight, but they knew ahead of time there would be 3 couples. No sandbags or other measures were even attempted to balance the basked without splitting us up. The other couples got to enjoy the nice scenery together while my wife and I were each the third wheel in our respective sides of the balloon. We tried to lean in across the gas tanks to hold hands and take photos, but they all look strained and uncomfortable, just like we were. On the flight the operator continued to berate us for wanting to be together, explaining the balance issue, but in a very demeaning way. He was even upset that we were not having a good time. Very poorly handled situation. If we can ever afford another hot air balloon ride we will NEVER consider using Morning Star Balloons again!

Visited August 2012
“Worst customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had made an reservation with them in May. Then I needed to change our reservation and they were impossible to get a hold of. Finally the day before our scheduled ride the owner calls and asks if we can switch days. Hello, I'd tried 4 times in 2 weeks to get ahold of them to change it and they never responded. We couldn't change dates as we scheduled our other plans around it. Our ride was cancelled due to weather (which we appreciated our safety first)and the owner said he would work us in the following week since we were leaving the valley. When we called back to make a new reservation he said he'd put us on a waiting list. The next opening wasn't for two weeks out. Very discouraging, hard to get a hold of, poor customer service, empty promises. We got a refund and will not try Morningstar Balloons ever.

Visited June 2013
Daren W, Owner at Morning Star Balloons, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We do the best that we can to get all people on our rides as quickly as we can. We do have limited space on our flights and room is at a premium. We do offer our rides on a first come first served basis and despite many efforts and quite a few phone calls to accommodate we were not able to find a date available that worked with in their schedule. When we sell a certificate of this nature we do offer it for a two year period so that all who purchase have the opportunity to use their certificate.Our service wasn't the problem here, it was simply difficult to find a date that worked within a very limited time frame.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Community Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Daren at Morning Star bailed us out of a bit of a predicament for an event and we ended up with a fantastic balloon ride for two to help our foundation. Thank you Morning Star!

Visited February 2012
Branson, Missouri
“badd attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My girlfreind and I went on the ride 7/25/2012 worst experience of our 8 day Vacation! First it was my girlfreinds Bday and the cabpain (wild Bill ) was rude right from the van ride to the ride! It started out by him telling her to get off her phone in the van when it was her son calling to wish her happy bday. Then there was a older couple 75-80 years old, she asked the captain if she would be able to get into the basket cause she had a recent knee operation, his response was ( I dont know what to tell you, everyone else gets in, ! ) in a real hateful tone of voice. I told the lady that if it took all of us we would get her in. She smiled and thanked me. The day before we called to find out what to wear, the response was dress in layers. Well it was so hot, (wild bill) says you bunch of idiots (its called a HOT AIR BALLOON!!!) again very rude! And he would not shut up the whole time bragging about everything from winning many races winning 4 cars bragging about he was a motorcycle champion, so on and so on. And we paid 400.00 bucks for this abuse.Hated every minute of it. Wanted to jump!!!

Visited July 2012
Daren W, Owner at Morning Star Balloons, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
My apologies for the bad experience and the unnecessary treatment. It is truly my strongest wish and desire for all to have the experience of a lifetime and fully enjoy what it is that we love. Wild Bill does have a little bit of a dry sense of humor and he must have been off his game that day. He is the most requested pilot in the area and I continually receive rave reviews of his flights from our guests. Bill does talk about his experiences ballooning, but it is with the intent of easing any concerns about his flight experience with his passengers. Bill has over 34 years flight experience in balloons, is passionate about what he does and enjoys sharing his love of flying, maybe a little too much in this case. Please know that we will do everything in our power on a daily basis to make sure your experience is the best that you can receive.