Stayed in condo #66 for 5 nights. 2 adults, 2 kids.
First the good:
Decent sized condo, with a gas fire place and reasonably well appointed kitchen with new stove and fridge. Downstairs: MBR with full bath, half bath, kitchen, living room, dining area, washer/dryer. Upstairs: enormous closet, 2nd bedroom (2 full beds) and another bathroom.
The living room was good sized, with a nice sectional couch, gas fireplace, and a nice dining table with plenty of room for 6. The bar/counter had 4 more chairs. There are TVs in LR and both bedrooms with cable service for all. Also wifi in the unit, as well as combo washer/dryer. Bus stop to go to the ski area, town, etc. was just across the street, luckily. Also, the hot tub (seats 20) and pool (heated) were just next door, a short walk away.
Overall it was very quiet, and we hardly saw any neighbors. Nice view out the back towards the golf course.
The master bath is fairly small, and not much room to swing a cat. The fridge was completely empty when we arrived (no condiments or other "carry over" food that would be safe to leave). No spices (another condo some friends rented had a spice rack). The resort (or owner, not sure which) didn't furnish any sort of "book of the house" on how things worked, were they were, etc. This led some confusion when we wanted to use the wifi, and even a call to the office didn't help. I finally discovered the SSID and password under the router-it should have been easier.
The hot tub/pool area doesn't have much in the way of a changing area, lockers. Luckily were were close and could just walk quickly take off shoes in the lounge area and leave them there.
Bus transport (#3 Blue route) to town ran every 20 minutes, strangely, for a ski resort, there were no ski-racks on the outside, meaning you had to drag your skis onto the bus. The resort itself has no shuttle, unlike a number of others in the area. The bus makes a loop, so going to the ski area this only 2 stops away. On the return from the ski area, however, it is the 2nd to last stop, so it takes a while.
The master bed (king) is truly awful. Very soft, somewhat trough-like. Our backs were not in great shape after 5 nights in the bed.
The shower head in the master bath is one of those really cheap water saver jobs, that sprays as much air as water. It was also about nose-high, making it a pain to rinse my head (and I'm under 6 feet).
Since it is at altitude, the air is VERY dry. They provided Vicks steam humidifiers, which had a lot of crud in them from the hard water. Not sure what we were actually breathing when those were on, but it took some effort to clean out the crud in the morning.
Overall, it was not a really great experience, nor a truly bad one. But it wouldn't inspire us to go back here either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Kings Condominiums offer Studio+Loft, 1 Bedroom+Loft, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom+Loft and Three Bedroom condominiums. Adjoining to the Park City Golf Course, the Three Kings Condominium complex is comprised of 9 buildings and offers wireless/internet access in the cabana near the pool area, meeting/reception room, underground parking, outdoor heated swimming pool, community hot tub and indoor saunas, on-site housekeeping and maintenance as well as a complimentary computer station located inside the check-in office. Most condominiums at Three Kings are within walking distance to the Three Kings lift or Silver Star lift at the Park City Mountain Resort and many offer a private hot tub * and wireless access. The Three Kings area is beautifully landscaped and offers panoramic views of the mountains. Three Kings condominiums are conveniently located on Park City’s free transportation route and within walking distance to many restaurants, shops and grocery stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Three Kings Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Kings Hotel Park City
- 3 Kings Resort
- Three Kings Resort Park City, Utah