“Parking Iissues” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 59 hotels in Park City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Parking Iissues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

4-8 couples from Las Vegas have stayed at the Park City Marriott for the past 8-10 years every August for a week of Mountain golf!! We have loved the location and facilities and have come back year after year! We are not thinking about changing, because new policies impaction parking, We have two couples share two bedroom suites [lock out] and drive to Park City using one car per couple. This year only the individual leasing the larger room was provided parking with no arrangements for the other couple in the lock out; this is unacceptable for a hotel the size of Marriott. We carry the Marriott Platinum Elite Lifetime card along with one other couple, meaning we have stayed many, many time at Marriott's. At this time we are considering looking for another place to stay in Park City unless they work out arrangements for all guests! People should be aware of the parking issue when staying in Park City

Room Tip: Rooms facing Main St are the berrer location
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your concern about parking. Rest assured that every guest at the Park City Marriott receives a parking permit for their vehicle. Park City Marriott is located in the business center of Prospector Square which is operated by an HOA. We were given permission to park in three different lots around the hotel as well as underground parking which has an entrance to the hotel. I was terribly disappointed to hear that you were not offered a parking permit when you arrived or that you were given any directions. I have personally been reviewing with our front office staff to ensure that they are explaining the parking policies with guests as well as giving parking permits. If you travel to Park City again I am confident that we will be able to give you a parking permit and help you find parking. If you would like to discuss further please don't hesitate to call upon me personally. My direct contact information is attached below. Until then we remain at your service.

Warmest Regards,

Park City Marriott

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Roy, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Needed a get-a-way for the weekend, went with Marriott Park City, and admittedly was chosen because of the points for my Marriott account. I was overall pretty disappointed. First I had gone through a third party to book the room, and they put me in for a room with two beds, when I clearly did not need two beds. The hotel staff member said they didn't have any king bed rooms available. I have been around the block enough to know that they DID have rooms available with king beds. Then the book in the room indicated a breakfast that is complimentary. That was NOT the case, apparently due to the construction. But things were simply not shared by the staff, so more disappointments came up as the weekend progressed. After the construction is over - would I go back? Probably not.

Dear DarinC,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on what your experience was at the Park City Marriott. I would love to know when you stayed and what third party company you booked with. If you were guaranteed a king size room, this is what you should have been given. There are times in the hotel however when we run a higher occupancy and all guaranteed rooms with kings are booked. I would love to research this however and get back to you. As far as what package you reserved I would have to personally look at your reservation and research. Again, if you booked a package that included breakfast you should have been given this and there should not have been any question by the front desk. My apologies if they were not able to accommodate your requests. I would like to follow up and make sure you were not charged for something you booked and did not receive. Below is my direct phone number at work. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not impressed even with the discounted rate. Room was not clean and told they were understaffed for this time of year... HUH ? Beds and bedding are old. Location should be discounted as other options are more central and more beautiful.

To whom it may concern;

Thank you for your candid feedback. I would love to discuss personally with you about what was your impression of the room you stayed at. I am concerned to hear that it was not up to your expectations also that you had heard we are understaffed, this is no excuse for a dirty room. We at the Park City Marriott always place goals to exceed guests expectations. Attached below is my contact information. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very disappointed in this property. We were originally scheduled for three nights and decided to leave after the second in that the noise from the pool area at night was so loud, the beds were not very comfortable and the "complimentary" breakfast that was given to us due to the unavailability of the concierge lounge was more up to the standards of a Holiday Inn Express than that of a "Category 6" Marriott. Rating of "poor" for the room was given, because these rooms are no where near the caliber of those that one would expect at a "Category 6" Marriott.

Room Tip: Stay away from interior rooms that face the pool.
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The last thing you would expect to see in the shower you are standing in is the last guest's hair. But I did at the Marriott Park City. Not one hair, but enough to wonder if pets are allowed.

Since the stay was one night, I told my family to skip the shower and we went to check out. I mentioned my horrific experience so they could bring their housekeeping team up to speed.

The person checking us out looked dumbfounded, acting as if it wasn't possible. I offered to show her pictures. She said she wanted to see them as if I made the entire experience up.

"Why didn't you inspect the shower before getting in?"

I explained to her that, from a distance, the hair was hard to see, especially without contact lens. Although she was visibly shaken by the photos and I did not solicit compensation, she said that she would reverse a $10 Internet charge (Marriott is a hold out on charging guests for the Internet). But if I wanted anything else, she said, then I would have to wait two hours for the manager to come in. If I decided to wait, she suggested we figure out what we wanted.

I told her that this seemed unusual to me because what I wanted was a clean shower. I added that I was not willing to wait nor "ask for anything" not was I willing to wait and prolong the experience. I also told her that the burden of "asking" for something should never be placed on guests so if the manager wanted to offer us something for such experience, then she could call us with an offer of compensation.

Again, I said, all I wanted to do was bring it to their attention. So then the staff member said that the manager would call us, but that I should ask for more than free Internet. What she never did, however, was apologize.

As the hours passed and the manager did not call as we resumed our road trip, I decided to tweet for suggestions of "what I should ask for." As soon as I did, Marriott's Twitter account put us in touch with customer care (customer care members are always nice and on top of everything). It took a few days to sort it all out, but eventually the executive director called me.

He was appalled. He said everything I outlined in my email to customer care was correct. The staff member should have been less interested in seeing pictures and more interested in caring for guests. He said that all team members are empowered to offer the guests room discounts to make such experience less painful. He said he agreed with me that this was a teachable experience for the front desk as well as housekeeping. He said he would call me back to give an update on their progress and wanted to review my room charge. He apologized.

True to his word, he called back. He told everything that was being done to ensure no one would have an experience like mine again and then he offered to credit my account for half of the room stay. He asked it it would satisfy me.

I said that I would not be satisfied (because the experience cannot be erased) but I would accept it and let other people decide whether it was fair. He was not happy that I said that, and asked me what I wanted (despite saying earlier that the Marriott should place this burden on a guest). I told him that I didn't want anything. I would accept his offer and hopefully end what had become a weeklong issue.

Several more days went by and I checked for the credit card account online to make sure they would live up to their word. Eventually, Marriott Park City did credit my account for half the room rate.

BUT, there was a kicker. When they credited the room, it triggered the pre-authorization for the original room rate again, making it look like I was double billed. It's an odd experience to think you are finally done with something and then to see the first full room charge was $150, the they credited me $85, and then charged for $185! So I had to double check everything again, making what should have been one minute of time when I checked out take weeks to resolve.

While I wasn't double-billed (but I feel like I have to monitor it), the credit card company said it had to do with the way they applied the credit. I don't know what that means and don't care as long as it over.

As someone who has written reviews for Fodor's and have my own review site, I have never stayed at a Marriott where housekeeping doesn't at least wipe down shower walls (had the last guest not been hairy, I would have never known). After all, this is the only promise you are supposed to count from Marriott — a clean room. Maybe the front desk person was right. You need to check because you only have a 50-50 shot at a clean room. But don't laugh. 50-50 is a better average than their ability to fix a problem in timely manner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Murray, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

No frills, very run down. Rooms facing the pool are very noisy. Front desk was not really very friendly. I felt the hotel was overpriced considering its age and condition. It is not located in a scenic area of the town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
To whom it may concern;

We appreciate hearing your candid feedback about your experience at the Park City Marriott. We agree with you that the hotel is in need of an update as of June 2013 we have gone under renovations to update our hotel and accommodate guests needs more. We are expected to be done later this year with the renovations. As for the front desk being rude I was disturbed to hear of this and would love to speak with you about your recent experience personally and what we can do to improve our staff. We always hope to exceed guests expectations and to be polished in the art of hospitality. In this case it seems we have fallen short and for that my deepest apologies. We hope that if you ever find your way back to Park City that you think of us here at the Marriott. Again, I would love to speak with you personally about your recent experience. Below you will find my direct line and e-mail address. Until then we are at your service.

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a work-related conference. During my stay, I met several staff members, all of whom were extremely polite and friendly...especially Wade! He trreated us great and went out of his way to ensure our group had a good time. If you stay at this hotel, make it a point to meet Wade...he won't disappoint!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the Park City Marriott. We value ourselves here knowing that we have a great staff that go above and beyond guest expectations. I will pass on the kind note to Wade to ensure he knows he is appreciated and valued. If you ever make your way back to Park City please know we will always be at your service.

Warmest Regards,
P: 435-615-4540
Katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com

Been to Marriott Park City? Share your experiences!