“Run down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Murray, Utah
“Run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

No frills, very run down. Rooms facing the pool are very noisy. Front desk was not really very friendly. I felt the hotel was overpriced considering its age and condition. It is not located in a scenic area of the town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
To whom it may concern;

We appreciate hearing your candid feedback about your experience at the Park City Marriott. We agree with you that the hotel is in need of an update as of June 2013 we have gone under renovations to update our hotel and accommodate guests needs more. We are expected to be done later this year with the renovations. As for the front desk being rude I was disturbed to hear of this and would love to speak with you about your recent experience personally and what we can do to improve our staff. We always hope to exceed guests expectations and to be polished in the art of hospitality. In this case it seems we have fallen short and for that my deepest apologies. We hope that if you ever find your way back to Park City that you think of us here at the Marriott. Again, I would love to speak with you personally about your recent experience. Below you will find my direct line and e-mail address. Until then we are at your service.

P: 435.615.4540
katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a work-related conference. During my stay, I met several staff members, all of whom were extremely polite and friendly...especially Wade! He trreated us great and went out of his way to ensure our group had a good time. If you stay at this hotel, make it a point to meet Wade...he won't disappoint!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the Park City Marriott. We value ourselves here knowing that we have a great staff that go above and beyond guest expectations. I will pass on the kind note to Wade to ensure he knows he is appreciated and valued. If you ever make your way back to Park City please know we will always be at your service.

Warmest Regards,
P: 435-615-4540
Katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

As I have stayed at this hotel before and enjoyed it, I thought it would be great as a holiday stop-over. I made reservations thru a Marriott Agent. We were surprised to find the hotel under renovation upon our arrival. I must say the room was great but the restaurant, bar etc. we're all in temporary quarters. The construction started at 8 AM which was just a little too early for my wife. As the renovations were well on their way when I made the reservation, I think it only appropriate that we be advised at the time the reservation was made. Don't get me wrong, this is normally a great place and will be again in a month or so. Just aware if you are looking a more peaceful surroundings

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate hearing your honest feedback. I can see how you were frustrated with the hotel being under renovations and then on top of it being surprised because you were never informed at the time of booking. We have talked to the construction crew and they will only do construction from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday. My sincere apologies for construction starting early and again not being notified of renovations. I would hope that you come back to the Park City Marriott by December to see that our restaurant, bar, lobby, and guest hallways will be completely renovated and more accommodating to guests. My direct contact information is below, please feel free to contact me in the future with any questions or inquiries you may have.

P: 435.615.4540
katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com
Delta, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference that was held at the Marriott. The overall stay was enjoyable, the conference was too.

This is an older Marriott. Having said that, there is a great deal of construction going on to update the Hotel. The construction is probably greatly needed and was not too much of a hindrance since they had signs giving good directions and the staff was very helpful.

The room was old. The carpet was old. I made the mistake of hitting the ceiling on accident once and white stuff rained down on me. The rooms were ok, just old.

The conference rooms were large and well taken care of. I would definitely come to another conference here, in hopes the rooms had been updated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Park City Marriott is an older hotel. The hotel is not really close to any of the attractions in the city. It is away from the slopes. It is a bit far from downtown and the shops and restaurants. But, since I like to drive, it is not a problem.

The hotel is in need of a remodel. That is exactly what they were doing at the time of our visit. The main lobby was closed. They a temporary lobby to check guests in. As messy as the remodel looks in the temporary lobby, their employees do a wonderful job in checking people into the hotel.

When the hotel is near its capacity, parking is tough to find. They have an outdoor lot that is right outside their lobby, and an underground lot. During our visit, the outdoor lot was always full. I managed to get the last spot in the underground lot the night we visited. They also have an agreement with a local business across the street to allow guests to park in their lot as well.

Although the hotel is under renovation at this time, the rooms are nice and clean. Everything in the room worked without a problem. Beds were comfortable. The room has a large screen television with cable so that the wife can watch HGTV and dream.

They have nice pool located inside an atrium that we didn't use. They also had a nice exercise room. This was the first hotel that I've seen that provides earbuds in the exercise room. I liked that they provide earbuds.

You have to pay for wifi at this hotel, unless you are like me and hang out in the temporary lobby and use the free wifi that is in their lobby. Their wifi is strong enough that if you sit at the top of the stairs on the third floor, you will be able to connect to the internet.

The hotel gave me exactly what I wanted...a good night of sleep. I can't ask for anything more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kearns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As mentioned by another reviewer, the lobby is under construction, which isn't a huge deal. I'm not the type of guy who's hanging out in the lobby reading a book, anyway. The way I see it, the hotel does need to be refreshed in the public spaces, but the rooms were furnished as you'd expect with a Marriott- with high-quality beds and linens. For me, I liked it much more than a low-budget hotel experience, but it was far from the most impressive hotel stay that I've had.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior look out into the pool atrium, which isn't a problem unless you're try...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Park City Marriott. We were disappointed to read the overall unfavorable impression left on you by your experience at our hotel.

Realizing and respecting that the hotel is under renovation and needs an update is subjective...service, responsiveness, and expectations of the amenities in your room clearly are not. I apologize that you were not made aware of construction prior to booking your room. Your comments have been shared with the leadership team and we will focus on those areas we seem to have fallen short on during your stay to prevent these issues from impacting current and future guests. You will now see on our website that we are indeed under renovations.

Thank you again for your feedback. We find it invaluable towards our continuing effort to improve the guest experience here at the Park City Marriott. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and in the interim, remain at your service.

Park City Marriott
P: 435-615-4540
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed from 07-19-2013 through 07-23-2013 never any mention at the time of booking that the hotel was under construction with no reduction on their room rates. Parking is terrible. Hotel is tired and run down with rooms just OK. The bath towels are paper thin and like sand paper. This was our third stay here and we will look else where next time for better value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Park City? Share your experiences!