“Not a very well run Marriott” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 59 hotels in Park City
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Not a very well run Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staff was slow and unconcerned, they have laundry services and nowhere to get quarters for the machines....unless you stand in line at the reg. desk for 20 minutes again to get change....dryers hardly worked, rooms smelled bad, very poor establishment!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am sorry to hear that our staff provided less than ideal service at our property. My sincerest apologies for our lack of attention to detail. I have followed up personally with our housekeeping staff as to the rooms smelling bad. I have also followed up with engineering about the dryers not working. This must have been upsetting and is not what our expectations our when guests stay with us. I would personally like to follow up with you to see what I can do to help rectify your experience here at the Park City Marriott.

Best Regards,

katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com
P: 435-615-4540

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Stansbury Park, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

July 7, 2013
Mr. Bill Ripple
1895 Sidewinder Drive
PO Box 684447
Park City, UT 84068

Dear Mr. Ripple:

My wife and I would like to send your hotel a thank you for our stay on July 2nd. Tiffany went the extra mile to assure our satisfaction. As we checked in, a little girl was choking at the pool; Tiffany responded to assure her recovery and arranged for the EMT response. What a stressful period trying to save a life!

Coming back from golf at the Wasatch Park and a drive in the mountains, we were very tired and dehydrated. We did have to wait for a period for our complimentary drinks; we fully understood the delay for the emergency. Tiffany kept us in mind and responded with plenty of drinks and a fruit and cheese plate which helped in our recovery. We also ordered a small cheese burger at 9:30PM to satisfy our hunger before the kitchen closed, it was delivered in a timely manner. Tiffany did everything possible to meet our needs during a very trying evening.

Please extend our thanks to the service team and their efforts to assure your service was excellent. It was appreciated after a taxing day. This is why I continue to support the Marriott team. We get to Park City about four times a year and your service support makes the Marriott are choice. We look forward to the completion of your remodel and a visit in September.

Thanks very much for the service received.

Regards,

Alan T. Freitas
Platinum #002-078-947

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Freitas,

I am excited to hear that our front desk staff (especially Tiffany) were able to help assist you even with what was a hectic evening. Our staff prides themselves in going the extra mile and I am happy to hear that they took good care of you and your wife. When you make your way back to Park City in September I would love to meet you personally and ensure that we go the extra mile again for your stay.

katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com
Henderson, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had not realized the hotel was under such an extensive renovation (there is a brief mention on the reservation page, but not on the hotel's web page, and the extent of the renovation is downplayed - you actually can't even go in the hotel's entrance, you have to enter a side door intended for the Hertz office). Still, I've stayed at many hotels that were under renovation (including the night before in SLC) and it was like the Keystone Kops at the "front desk." Our room wasn't ready, we could not get a straight answer to simple questions, and we ended up finally just standing off to the side (the "front desk" appears to be a makeshift at the Hertz counter, so there was no seating and hardly any room to even stand) for about 10 minutes while they checked in other people. Our room itself was OK, and they had a very nice breakfast buffet (as a Gold Marriott Rewards member we were given continental breakfast), but the arrival experience makes me recommend against staying here until the renovations are done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
To Whom it may concern;

Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay here at the Park City Marriott. It concerns me deeply that your arrival experience was not up to your expectations, or mine. My deepest apologies. Please note that while we our under renovation, the front lobby entrance was closed for safety. We have taken note of your feedback and are working on having better signage directing guests to our entrance. We have also recently added to our hotels webpage that we are under renovation. It must have been inconvenient for you not having your room ready upon arrival and not having a comfortable lobby to relax in while you waited. Our expected time to have our renovations done will be in November 2013. I would like to speak personally with you about your stay and to see how we can gain your confidence back at the Park City Marriott.

P: 435-15-4540
Grand Junction
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is under much needed construction. Rooms are nice, but lacking hair dryers, refrigerators and microwaves. The staff was absolutely wonderful- every single one of them. The ajoining rest. is over priced...way over priced even for park city. Hotel is on the bus system which is very efficient. Indoor pool was nice, but lacked seating near the pool and in good weather we enjoyed the court yard.

Room Tip: There are first floor rooms that open up to the pool. A family with kids might enjoy this. take your...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My trip to Park City and my stay at this hotel were made special by the most friendly pleasant staff I've ever encountered and the wonderful food at the hotel restaurant. The property itself is well located, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and loved having Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
S.F. Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Marriott was your typical Marriott with just a little ski resort lobby charm. I was expecting more resort touches in the room. I am not knocking it in any way, just don't expect when you go on your ski vacation to feel like you are in a chalet resort. Beds were comfy, rooms were clean and spacious. If you don't like to stay far from an elevator, make sure you ask for that. I was quite far and it was farther than usual. Had some pretty good food at the restaurant with great service. I would stay here again, but would hope my platinum status would get me a better view next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Eagle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Granted it was off season. First room they put me in had no external window - seriously. Then they moved me to a nice room on Concierge floor although Concierge is closed, presumably for renovation. Unfortunately Marriott along with other hotels have gone to the pouch coffee system (easier to clean, I'm sure) so the coffee is a bit sketchy but they have a Starbucks kiosk in lobby.
Decent restaurants in area. The bummer was no hot water in the morning and I am not kidding. They offered to let me use a bath on the third floor but what the heck? The offered compensation of many Marriott points - Did Not Deliver.
Manager was horrified and apologetic but come on!

Room Tip: ask for an exterior room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Park City? Share your experiences!