“Completely disorganized front desk and extensive renovations” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Henderson, NV
“Completely disorganized front desk and extensive renovations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had not realized the hotel was under such an extensive renovation (there is a brief mention on the reservation page, but not on the hotel's web page, and the extent of the renovation is downplayed - you actually can't even go in the hotel's entrance, you have to enter a side door intended for the Hertz office). Still, I've stayed at many hotels that were under renovation (including the night before in SLC) and it was like the Keystone Kops at the "front desk." Our room wasn't ready, we could not get a straight answer to simple questions, and we ended up finally just standing off to the side (the "front desk" appears to be a makeshift at the Hertz counter, so there was no seating and hardly any room to even stand) for about 10 minutes while they checked in other people. Our room itself was OK, and they had a very nice breakfast buffet (as a Gold Marriott Rewards member we were given continental breakfast), but the arrival experience makes me recommend against staying here until the renovations are done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
To Whom it may concern;

Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay here at the Park City Marriott. It concerns me deeply that your arrival experience was not up to your expectations, or mine. My deepest apologies. Please note that while we our under renovation, the front lobby entrance was closed for safety. We have taken note of your feedback and are working on having better signage directing guests to our entrance. We have also recently added to our hotels webpage that we are under renovation. It must have been inconvenient for you not having your room ready upon arrival and not having a comfortable lobby to relax in while you waited. Our expected time to have our renovations done will be in November 2013. I would like to speak personally with you about your stay and to see how we can gain your confidence back at the Park City Marriott.

Katie Lenhart
Front Office Manager
Park City Marriott
P: 435-15-4540

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Grand Junction
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is under much needed construction. Rooms are nice, but lacking hair dryers, refrigerators and microwaves. The staff was absolutely wonderful- every single one of them. The ajoining rest. is over priced...way over priced even for park city. Hotel is on the bus system which is very efficient. Indoor pool was nice, but lacked seating near the pool and in good weather we enjoyed the court yard.

Room Tip: There are first floor rooms that open up to the pool. A family with kids might enjoy this. take your...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My trip to Park City and my stay at this hotel were made special by the most friendly pleasant staff I've ever encountered and the wonderful food at the hotel restaurant. The property itself is well located, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and loved having Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
S.F. Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Marriott was your typical Marriott with just a little ski resort lobby charm. I was expecting more resort touches in the room. I am not knocking it in any way, just don't expect when you go on your ski vacation to feel like you are in a chalet resort. Beds were comfy, rooms were clean and spacious. If you don't like to stay far from an elevator, make sure you ask for that. I was quite far and it was farther than usual. Had some pretty good food at the restaurant with great service. I would stay here again, but would hope my platinum status would get me a better view next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Eagle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Granted it was off season. First room they put me in had no external window - seriously. Then they moved me to a nice room on Concierge floor although Concierge is closed, presumably for renovation. Unfortunately Marriott along with other hotels have gone to the pouch coffee system (easier to clean, I'm sure) so the coffee is a bit sketchy but they have a Starbucks kiosk in lobby.
Decent restaurants in area. The bummer was no hot water in the morning and I am not kidding. They offered to let me use a bath on the third floor but what the heck? The offered compensation of many Marriott points - Did Not Deliver.
Manager was horrified and apologetic but come on!

Room Tip: ask for an exterior room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

sent us to the Mariott on Sidewinder Drive. We had told her we were looking for something a bit less expensive than the $700 a night prices we were seeing for in town hotels. Turns out the Marriott is the place to stay. A lovely hotel within a 5 minute drive to the main Street of Park City. Very nicely furnished and comfortable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had a great room which was very clean. Overlooked the pool which was noisy until about 10 pm.
Close to restaurants and park city shopping but you need a car. I will be staying there again this fall. Appears to be a good family hotel.

Room Tip: Summer and fall is a good time visit
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Marriott Park City? Share your experiences!