“Xmas in the snow” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 59 hotels in Park City
Brisbane, Australia
“Xmas in the snow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have just completed a round world trip to catch up with family and friends. This hotel was recommended by my cousin who often stays in Marriott properties. It is located about a mile out of the Main St entertainment area, but the city lays on free buses to town and a shuttle for the ski slopes is provided by the hotel. This is a cosy little hotel, well appointed without being over the top. We had a room on the concierge level and it was very comfortable and clean. The lobby was decorated for the festive seaon and guests were enjoying drinks around the open fire. Staff were great. Nothing to much trouble for them and they made my wifes first visit to the snow and to a white Christmas very memorable.

Room Tip: Get a concierge lavel room. They are quieter. It's worth the extra few bucks
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_ChristensenGM, General Manager at Marriott Park City, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Park City Marriott. We are thrilled that our staff and property exceeded your expectations and allowed you to relax and enjoy your ski trip. On behalf of the entire team here at Park City Marriott, we look forward to your return visit and hope to welcome you again.

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I gave this resort a 3 star for a couple reasons. First, there is limited parking. The first night I arrived I had to park across the street in a private business parking lot and hope that my car wasn't ticketed or towed. Secondly, the rooms were average. I got the double queen after I reserved a king which was annoying. I hardly doubt these beds were a queen, they looked more like a twin. The first queen I went to sleep in had a worn out mattress that felt like I was falling in a hole. So I went to the other bed and it was the same. The pillows were very small, worn out and cheap. I came to park city on a ski trip and after the first night of sleeping in this resort's bed I felt like someone kicked me in the ribs a dozen times. After my day of skiing I go to rest my body in this bed and I'm waking up all night with a sore back and ribs from lying in the divet in the bed. For $200 a night this is unacceptable. I've stayed in hotels for $50 a night with better mattresses than the room I got at this resort. Its to bad because everything else at the resort is great.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Park City Marriott. We can understand your disappointment in having your stay not meet your expectations. We value you as a guest, and look forward to a future opportunity where we might show you that your experience was unusual and inconsistent with the high standards we set for ourselves at the Park City Marriott.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the Marriott Park City for some R&R and skiing and liked a lot. Awesome staff, always trying to help ( The air company lost my baggage for a day), the Americans and the ones from Argentina. They serve hot cider to the skiers coming back from the snow resorts some days, and It was delicious. I'll definitely recommend this hotel !

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your most recent stay at Park City Marriott. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and sincerely look forward to your return.
Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

December 27 2012 to January 1 2013 room 472.
The 4th floor of this Marriott is the "concierge" floor
which means guests staying on this floor have access
to a lounge which I believe serves coffee and a light
breakfast. I say that I 'believe' as I was not allowed in
this room even though we were 'up-graded' to the 4th
floor we were told that we were not allowed in the
concierge room. So it was like be bumped to first
class or business class on a plane and needing to pay
for your food and drink. Additionally, getting 'up-graded'
meant that we were not going to get the king-sized bed
we reserved, the room had two queen sized beds.

This is the first full service hotel we stayed at that did
not have a business center. If you need to use a computer
the concierge will kindly get up from their desk in the lobby
where you may sit and use their computer. You are never
rushed to accomplish your computer task but you won't feel
free to surf the net.

A suggestion to management; Post the times the restaurant and bar
open and close by the door(s) to the restaurant and bar.

Security is always important but we felt that the need to use a
room card to activate the elevator to go up just made life difficult.
Anyone can enter the lobby and take the grand staircase if they
wanted to. Indecently the lobby is on the 2nd floor so the 4th floor
is really the 3rd floor (the basement/garage is the 1st floor).

In addition to 2 queen beds, room 472 had a safe, fridge, large bathroom
with two sinks (one on the water closet/shower). It was quiet and the beds were comfortable.

This hotel has free indoor parking but if you have a very large SUV or pick-up truck you'll find it very difficult to navigate in the garage which has many obstacles (poles) with tight spaces. Limited free out-door parking is available too.

Park City and the Marriott has free shuttles everywhere so you don't necessarily need to rent a car which is a very expensive proposition during the holidays in Utah. Hertz has a desk in this Marriott which is interesting considering FedEx does not have an office in Park City, but FedEx does have a drop box.

The main elevator bank on the 4th floor does not have an emergency stair case near it, you need to take note that the emergency exits are at the other end(s) of the building.

The entire staff of this hotel are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: In season, this is hotel is filled with skiers. Skiers wake up early and make noise, there is no st...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I have come to learn of your unsatisfactory recent stay with us and regret your experience at our hotel. I can certainly understand your disappointment in the room type request not being met. We hope a future return to our city and the Park City Marriott will allow us to provide you with the experience you deserve and expect.
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The location and staff were excellent. The location is about a mile walk (for those of you who like to walk)

The room was average to slightly below average (standard room). The bed & pillows were uncomfortable and the room was a connecting room and it was easy to hear the folks next to us along with their dog which was barking incessantly the first night. I called the desk and they claimed that the dog was a service animal, however, service animals are only trained to bark when there is danger and this was a very small yappy dog.

If it were not for the friendly, attentive staff, this one gets two stars. I'd only consider staying here again if the rates were cheaper.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. We are proud of our staff being able to provide great service. We always want to meet our guest needs and we are reviewing your comments to help improve the experience of all of our guests. We hope that you return to the Park City Marriott on your next visit to Park City so we can provide you with the experience you deserve and expect.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott Park City on Sidewinder is a great place to stay when you're in Park City! It offers great amenities such as the pool, jacuzzi, and restaurant! In addition, there is a shuttle stop right next to the hotel! The shuttle system is so easy to use and can get you to the three ski resorts and anywhere else in the area!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the warm review of your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the service at the hotel. I am especially happy to read that you were pleased with the Concierge Lounge. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your return visit.
Petaluma, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Loud, stuffy rooms, not enough parking, lousy location. Felt like an econo lodge.
We stayed for 2 nights and got little sleep because of the loud guests you can hear running up and down the hallways. Rude front desk staff. Too far from downtown to walk.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Marriott Park City? Share your experiences!