“lovely food, excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Apex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 206 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Empire Pass
Transit: Park City public bus system to Empire Pass stop.
Description: APEX- a mountain American grill inspired by the freshest farm to table ingredients. APEX sets the stage for a memorable on-mountain dining experience with a warm atmosphere and stunning views of aspen groves. A mountain American grill inspired by the freshest farm to table ingredients, APEX is casual by day, refined at night and always fun, approachable and frequented by locals and visitors alike.
“lovely food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

had two meals there. breakfast was really excellent, and lunch, though definitely above average, wasn't outstanding. definitely recommended. a little pricey, but being one of the few options in a 5-star resort, it's an excellent option.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Park City, Utah
“Perfect dinner after a surprise engament!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to eat at Apex with my family after a suprise engagement at the top of guardsmen pass. I was already on such a cloud and dinner was no different. The table setting was perfect, Michael our waiter took excellent care of us and each dish was prepared to perfection. The sommelier Stephen surprised us with champagne and had excellent wine pairing suggestions. Each person we encountered in the restaurant and hotel was incredibly gracious. It could not have been a better evening. Thank you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“"Chef was trained by the best and it shows!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a big foodie and do my research before visiting cities for first time. When I learned that Chef David Mullen had worked with a who's who of top chefs (Julian Serrano, Wylie Dufresne, Daniel Boulud, and Laurent Gras) I knew that a visit to Apex for a night of fine dining was a must! The experience was as spectacular as I was hoping for. The dining room had an elegant lodge feel. The service was first class. I had an exquisite seven course meal that was adeptly paired with wines by the glass, by the sommelier. Chef David Mullen is outstanding at his craft. The dishes flavors made sense and were in harmony. The components were cooked to perfection. It was quite obvious that Chef Mullen was trained by the best and he knows how to showcase his skills. This restaurant is a must visit if you are looking for a fine dining experience, like the ones you find in NY, Chicago, Las Vegas , SF.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fabulous Experience up in the Clouds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My first time to the resort and the restaurant. I went with a very good friend of mine that happened to be in town so we took to Park City for a few drink, a good meal and to catch up. What we experienced was nothing less than spectacular. From the moment we entered the property until the moment we left we felt at home. I actually thought they might send someone home with us. On to the restaurant, Apex. Magnificient wood floors and lovely painting don most of the interior with great views of the Ski resort just outside. A fireplace and bustling bar greeted us as we sat down and had some really great signature cocktails made by the bartender Sean. He was a delight and kept out of my buddy and I's conversation when need be but was also there to keep the conversation lively and fun. A true testament to what a bartender should be. I was surprised to his level of knowledge on the menu and the rest of the resort. We had a blast and took Sean's recommendation and headed down to Main Street to continue our evening. Apex was great way to start an evening with an old friend.

Visited September 2012
Park City, Utah
“Highly Recommend This Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our first visit to the Apex. My husband and I along with two friends went for my Birthday. The service was excellent and the special treatment we received from Sommelier Stephen MacKay made it an extra special night. Stephen ws very knowledgeable about the wines we selected and offered suggestions for others. Stephen checked on use throughout the evening to be sure we were enjoying our dinner and wine. The Scampi appetizer was the best any of us had ever had anywhere. Every course was delectable and presented perfectly. We will definitely go again and recommend it to our friends and relatives when they visit.

• Visited March 2012