“Friendly Staff and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly Staff and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

How refreshing. A friendly and helpful staff. The smell of fresh cookies when you walk in the front door on a cold day.

We knew that the restaurant was not open yet when we booked our stay. There are several right across the street. There is a cafe inside the hotel with coffee, soft drinks and baked goods.

Park City is beautiful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

There were so many things that made our visit a happy memory…the excellent and service oriented staff, convenient ski rental and valet, quality appliances and room décor, 38 person hot tub, and freshly baked cookies…just to name a few. 

We look forward to visiting again soon and will definitely recommend the Escala Lodge to our family and friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is not of Hyatt standard. When we arrived we were shocked to find they had no room service or restaurant. We went for a weekend of rest and relaxation not to cook! The services is very spotty. the night manager is trying his best but they don't answer the phones timely. when you call them for pick up after skiing they don't arrive so the Canyons van has to take you back. The rooms are very nicely decorated but overall we were VERY disappointed and I would NEVER go back. It is totally overpriced for what they offer (or rather what they don't) and I highly recommend booking in to the Waldrof if you want to stay in the Canyons. Same price and far superior service and a fabulous restaurant and spa.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HyattEscalaLodge, General Manager at Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory. Since taking over management of the Escala Lodge in December, we have continued our efforts to make improvements to the hotel and our level of service. Our hope is that every one of our guests leaves having had an exceptional experience.

We apologize if there was some misunderstanding regarding the food and beverage options available at our hotel. We are currently in the process of adding a restaurant and room service this summer, so we have this information noted on our hotel website. Since this was not clearly communicated to you, I assure you we will follow up on this issue.

Hyatt prides itself on delivering exceptional service to every one of our guests, and we appreciate your candid feedback to help us to improve this service. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you the true Hyatt experience.

Claudia Wattenberg
Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Hyatt Escala is a place I would recommend to a couple or family wanting all the comforts of home and more. Our experience was positive from our checkin to our deprature. The hotel staff was accomodating and friendly, the rooms were clean and they spared no expensive on furnishings including high end kitchen appliances in our one bedroom suite, and it was quiet. Boardering the chari lift made it a convenient place to ski in the Canyons. The only poetential drawback is no real food service, but the suites are equipped with great kitchens and you are only a few minutes from Park City where the food is decadent. The hotel also has a shuttle that will take you into town. Consider this property when you make plans to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The hotel was very nice. The Canyons is nice because it small and compact. There is a lift right outside the hotel in which guests can ski for free. It's only 1 little green run but it saves 89 on a lift ticket. My children 4 and 6 enjoyed it for a few hours at a time.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I took a chance when I booked this hotel because I usually stay at Deer Valley. This was the best ski in ski out property I have ever stayed in. It will only get better once the restaurant is built this summer. We stayed in a 2400 sqf 3 bedroom unit that had sub zero appliances and well appointed bedrooms. You walk out your front door and you are at the ski lift. The pool and hot tubs are some of the best I have ever seen. One of the hot tubs has a water fall with a fire behind it. The only issue I have is that next year the word will be out about this property and the prices will go up.

Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

My wife and/or family and I stay in Park City 4-7 times and this was our first time staying here. I chose this property because we were looking for something nice and I did not want to pay the $1000 plus per night for one of our favorites. For PC at this time of year, this resort was priced reasonably for being on the MTN on a ski in/out situation. The resort is gorgeous and the rooms (we saw 2), were big, clean, beautiful and amazing to stay in. I give the rooms an easy 5 stars. The service I would give 1 star and say it needs some serious work. The resort seemed was poorly managed and employees were lost, confused and/or disinterested. Here are some examples:
1. When I check in they gave us a room without a bed... yes very weird. When I called the front desk on this, they did come through with great customer service on this issue and got us moved promptly and upgraded us.
2. The kids running the valet were disinterested and unwelcoming (even though I was a very good tipper).
3. The ski valet was busy and we watched them tell people to carry their own skis up to the second floor and drop them off.
4. We signed up for a spa package on the Hyatt web site. When I called to find out where on the resort it was located and found that they did not have a spa on-site. I asked where I was going and they did not know. This was frustrating and the web site said nothing of this when signing up. We did find it at another hotel, but we were late because of the situation.
5. The fitness center was located in another building adjacent to the one that we were staying in. I got up early and went to work out and there were no hooks to hang your jacket. So I took mine and folded it up on a table that had nothing on it. One of the employees came in to get something and saw my jacket and placed it on the floor without talking to me. Very rude.
6. When it was time to go, I called the front desk to check out and the guy said that I have ti come to the front desk to check out. I had paid for my room in full and charged nothing to my room, so I asked why. He placed me on hold for over 5 minutes, and never came back. I finally hung up. I stay in hotels every month of the year and this is the first place that has ever told me I can not check out by phone. Pretty pathetic.

Even with all of that, the room was so nice I plan to try the place again. I am just hoping for an improved service experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!