My wife and/or family and I stay in Park City 4-7 times and this was our first time staying here. I chose this property because we were looking for something nice and I did not want to pay the $1000 plus per night for one of our favorites. For PC at this time of year, this resort was priced reasonably for being on the MTN on a ski in/out situation. The resort is gorgeous and the rooms (we saw 2), were big, clean, beautiful and amazing to stay in. I give the rooms an easy 5 stars. The service I would give 1 star and say it needs some serious work. The resort seemed was poorly managed and employees were lost, confused and/or disinterested. Here are some examples:
1. When I check in they gave us a room without a bed... yes very weird. When I called the front desk on this, they did come through with great customer service on this issue and got us moved promptly and upgraded us.
2. The kids running the valet were disinterested and unwelcoming (even though I was a very good tipper).
3. The ski valet was busy and we watched them tell people to carry their own skis up to the second floor and drop them off.
4. We signed up for a spa package on the Hyatt web site. When I called to find out where on the resort it was located and found that they did not have a spa on-site. I asked where I was going and they did not know. This was frustrating and the web site said nothing of this when signing up. We did find it at another hotel, but we were late because of the situation.
5. The fitness center was located in another building adjacent to the one that we were staying in. I got up early and went to work out and there were no hooks to hang your jacket. So I took mine and folded it up on a table that had nothing on it. One of the employees came in to get something and saw my jacket and placed it on the floor without talking to me. Very rude.
6. When it was time to go, I called the front desk to check out and the guy said that I have ti come to the front desk to check out. I had paid for my room in full and charged nothing to my room, so I asked why. He placed me on hold for over 5 minutes, and never came back. I finally hung up. I stay in hotels every month of the year and this is the first place that has ever told me I can not check out by phone. Pretty pathetic.
Even with all of that, the room was so nice I plan to try the place again. I am just hoping for an improved service experience.